Memory

The New Room Mate

Donghae's POV

"I wonder where Youngshin is..." I unlocked my phone and scanned through my phonebook. Ah jinjja! I never got the chance  to get her number, I ruffled my hair from how annoyed I was right now. I was hungry and I forgot to bring my keys to the dorm! -_-

What misfortune will hit me next? I continued my 'quest' of finding Youngshin and continued to walk down the hallways, both of my hands were in my pockets. Hmm... this school's pretty cool, I'd have to admit. I passed by a wall of Kyunghee University's achievements. I stood there for a while, as I stared at the huge shadow box that laid before my eyes, I was amazed at the number of trophies and medals that some of the students won in several academic olympics. Not to mention international quiz bees. Slowly, I pointed my finger to the glass and carefully read the "University's Einsteins" names one by one.

"Shin Sojoong, Park Taehwa, Yoon Gain, Lee Youngjoo..." I said under my breath and continued to read the so called list of geniuses. As I read, a familiar name caught my attention. I smirked as I saw Cho Kyuhyun's name on the list. He even had a photo of himself with all of his achievements. This rascal will forever remain a nerd. I looked at the pictures behind the glass, until I heard someone sigh loudly.

Youngshin's POV

I've literally felt the blood flow to my cheeks as I found out who my tutor was going to be. Is this reality? I was utterly drowned in my own world of happiness. A grin was still plastered on my face as I walked down the hallways, noticing a shadow box on the end of the wall.

Out of curiousity, I found out that Kyuhyun was one of the major stars in this school. In the academical field to be precise.

But still, whether Kyuhyun was the school's MVP or whatever, whether he was the school's rockstar, or even the school's Einstein, I could stare at his perfect face all day. I sighed.

I seemed to lose my senses from all the happiness I felt, despite the fact that I was this close to fail in Math. A guy was standing beside me, looking at the pictures as well. 

Wait.. "Donghae?" I asked, he turned to me, he smiled. Oh it is him.

"WHERE THE HECK WERE YOU?!" His smile turned into an annoyed expression? What the heck is up with this guy?

"I was at class for your information. Why are you so mad right now?" I rolled my eyes at him. He didn't answer for a while. Probably dumbfounded after realizing that there was nothing to get mad about.

"So....?" I tapped my foot.

"Aish! I JUST NEED YOUR PHONE NUMBER." He handed his phone to me and crossed his arms. I punched in my phone number and wore a smirk as I typed in "Prettiest Girl' as my contact name.

"That's it?" I scoffed. "Here." I raised my eyebrows as I handed his phone back. He looked at the screen and laughed.

"Seriously Youngshin? PRETTIEST GIRL?" He held his stomach and laughed. I glared at him.

"Yeah, and is there a problem Mr. Lee Donghae?" I smirked.

"Youngshin, your contact number seems to reflect the opposite of you." He regained his composure and teased.

"Fine, fine, let me change it then." I held out my hand and waited for him to hand his phone.

"No, no need to change it Ms. Prettiest Girl." Donghae said, he was near my face and I could feel his breath hit my cheek. My heart began to beat fast.

He laughed once more and left. He walked towards the end of the hall as I still stood there. Calming myself down. Am I possibly falling for his charms again? No, I can't.

"Aren't you coming with me?" Donghae looked back to where I was standing.

"Huh?"

"I forgot my keys to the dorm and I wondered if we could go back to the dorm and have some lunch." He explained as he rubbed the back of his neck out of nervousness.

"Ah, okay." I nodded and walked by his side. I've never experienced walking with Donghae. It felt new. I felt like I had butterflies in my stomach and everytime my arm would hit his, I felt like there was electricity between us. Okay, maybe I was the only one feeling all of these. But still, I couldn't help but smile.

I wish Donghae was like this when we were in middle school. I pouted.

"Hey, what's with the pout?" Donghae looked at me. I soon realized that we were infront of our dorm already. That fast? Anyway, I stared into Donghae's eyes.

"Oh, nothing. I'm just hungry." I opened the door and set my bag on the couch. Donghae on the other side went straight to his room. 

Though I suddenly felt tired, I forced myself to the kitchen to cook the both of us some lunch. Thoughts flew in my mind. Everytime I thought about Donghae, my heart seems to feel what it felt when I liked him back then. It was as if I've gone back to the days when I was deeply in love with him. I shook my head and continued to wash the rice I was gonna use for the bibimbap I was gonna cook.

I chopped the vegetables one by one. I was concentrating until I felt a warm breath fan my neck. I jumped a bit and turned around seeing Donghae.

"What's for lunch?" He asked. I held my heart, still shocked.

"Ugh, never do that again Donghae." I went back to slicing the vegatbles and meat.

'Do what?" He raised his eyebrows?
"Stop sneaking behind me all the time." I said. Okay, that sounded lame.

***

So after half an hour or so, I've finally finished cooking and called Donghae to the table. We began to eat with an awkward atmosphere wrapped around us.

"Guess what." I started the conversation. I came back to my bubbly and happy side once I thought of Kyuhyun again.

"What."

"Kyuhyun's gonna be my  math tutor." I answered with a wide grin on my face. He smiled.

"Do you still like him?" He asked with a sincere expression.

"Yes." I answered, telling the truth.

Donghae's POV

"Do you still like him?" I asked Youngshin. I was a bit dissapointed when I found out that Kyuhyun was gonna tutor her. I felt jealous... kinda.

That means that they're gonna spend alot of time together... and yes. I will admit it. I like Youngshin.

"Yes." She answered, I felt my heart break a bit as she said that word.

"Ah.. okay. Just wondering." I answered before excusing myself from the table, I locked myself in my room and sat on the bed. I lay there for a while... thinking about Youngshin.

I hope Youngshin and I were together now... I wish I wasn't stupid back then. I was stupid for hurting her. Is it possible for her to love me back even though I treated her so coldly back then? After what happened in Middle School, Youngshin and I grew apart.

I always noticed her presence back in Mokpo. Her presence made me happy.

I'm babo. Babo namja Lee Donghae...

Youngshin's POV

Donghae left the table and went to his room. This guy has mood swings -_- What's gotten into Lee Donghae? I shook my head and cleaned up the table and washed the dishes. I went to my room as well and took a nap.

***

10:30 pm.

I heard the endless rattle of the trees branches as it hit our dorm's window. It felt so cold. The rain, the lightning and the thunder kept me shaking in fright. It was no ordinary rainfall. It was a thunderstorm. I've always hated the annoying sound of thunder. The sight of the lightning made me more scared. I stayed under my blanket for a while. 

"Everything's gonna be okay..." I prayed and held my blanket tight. The rain was getting worse. The thunder grew louder and louder. I wasn't used to being alone at these times. I have always held my mom close to me during these times. Though, I've called myself a brave girl, there was something about the rain that gave me a tragic memory.

After a struck of lightning and a overly loud noise of thunder, I peeked out the window and saw that one of the trees fell down. I bit my lip as the tragic memory kept coming back to me.

That memory when I almost lost my life... I cried and cried right now. I covered my ears.

"Stop, please stop." I shook my head and screamed.  The memory of me was when I was a little kid out in one of the fields in Mokpo, getting drenched in the rain while I was trying to get free from a heavy tree branch that has just collapsed. Trauma. This happened when I was 7 years old. 

But right now, I could still feel the sting of the bitter memory.

I continued to cry...

"Youngshin, where are you?! Youngshin!" Donghae ran into my room as he flipped the lights open. 

"Donghae." I continued to cry. Without hesitating, he ran to me and held me close in his arms.

Donghae held me tight right now as I still cried.

"Youngshin... What's wrong?" He rubbed my tears using his thumb. He looked in my worried eyes. 

 

"The storm..." I covered my ears and buried my face in Donghae's chest.

Donghae's POV

"The storm..." She said in a scared tone, my heart skipped a beat as she rested her head on my chest. By the way she was uncontrollably sobbing, I could tell that she hadn't got over that memory...

That memory left my mind either... It was the time when I saved Youngshin's life... It was the time when I fell in love with her.

I couldn't contain my tears and some fell down my cheeks. I didn't want her to see me cry. I acted as if what happened when I saved her was nothing to me. But it meant so much.

"Forget about it... That happened along time ago... You're safe now." I avoided her gaze. I decided to leave her room now.

But a cold hand caught mine before I could walk away.

"Please stay." Youngshin looked at me with pleading eyes. She scooted over and I lay down on the free space of her bed. My body was stiff and I couldn't know how to think straight. We've never been this close.

"Okay, I'll stay... don't cry." I stuttered out. She nodded and cuddled to my side. She was wrapped in her blanket. 

A few minutes passed... I looked at Youngshin. She looks so peaceful in her sleep, a smile tugged at the end of my lips. I still felt so nervous... She hugged me tight and I stayed there.

I closed my eyes and got some sleep as well.

Hey! How are you my lovely readers! I'm sorry for rarely updating.

Thank you and SARANGHAE!!!!

I had to re-update this chapter since AFF crashed and removed it ;__;