Untold Stories

The New Room Mate

Donghae's POV

Flashback

"Umma..." I could hear my older brother's voice as the door flew open. Despite the loud bang the door made, my brother looked so weary... It was as if all the energy from his body had been drained.

Perhaps he looked like a zombie just like in those movies. I was sitting beside my mom when this happened, I guess I was in my sophomore year in  highschool and my older brother Donghwa was in his freshmen year in college. I forgot to mention that umma and appa sent him to Seoul to pursue a degree. Well, I was really proud of him for having the oppurtunity to enroll at such a prestigious university. But at the same time,  I was kinda sad because I wouldn't see my brother that often anymore.

Anyways... The second he stepped in our front door, I was shocked. It's not that I didn't want to see him now, but, what is he doing here? If I'm not mistaken, he only comes home every other weekend. For some odd reason,I felt really worried. I could sense that something was wrong. My mom slowly stood up from her chair then she walked towards Donghwa. Using the back of her palm, she caressed my older brother's pale cheek.

I focused more on my brother's features... a dark blot somewhat like a bruise stained his white skin on his left cheek... Scratches and cuts were present on his face too. His arms had bruises and cuts everywhere.

"Hyung." I whispered, wide eyed. Who would do such a cruel thing like this to my brother?!

"Umma, Dongsaeng..." Hyung's voice whispered weakly. Then after that, my older brother fainted in my mother's arms.

{Mokpo Emergency Room, 2:14 p.m}

"Donghwa's in stable condition now. He has some broken bones, I will take care of that, I assure you Mrs. Lee. His muscles have inflamations, but it will fully heal if we just wait and follow the medications. His cuts will heal too. So please don't worry Mrs. Lee, he fainted due to fatigue. Donghwa will be alright." The doctor assured my umma. She seemed to be in a state of shock... and so was I.

What happened? I stared at my brother who was sleeping peacefully. The bruises faded but it was still there, marked on his white skin.

A few days after hyung left the hospital, he told us everything that happened when he was in Seoul. Even though I wasn't the one in that situation... it pained me so much. My heart hurt because my hyung has suffered alot. Suddenly, fear crept up inside me.

"I was at campus and it was very dark outside since I only went out to buy some noodles down the convenience street for my dinner. A few men of my age blocked the street, I've recognized that they were seniors in a nearby Universty whose name I wasn't aware of. I didn't know who they were. At first, I wasn't bothered at having them around since I thought they would be great company and I was enlightened at the thought of having friends outside campus, but I was wrong. They started picking on me and when we reached the dark alley next to the dorm, they started to beat me up. I fathomed that our university have been rivals with their campus. I didn't know where to go nor what to do. I was hopeless since there were 4 of them and it was only I who could save myself. I screamed, I tried to fight back. But I couldn't. It was all a big blur to me... everything was incoherent for me.

Morning came, I found myself lying on the dusty pavement and I struggled to crawl in my dorm without people seeing me because I didn't want my appearance of 'just got beaten' to cause a stir in the whole school. Even though I felt like I was constantly dying during those moments, I thought of you and Donghae. I couldn't give up. I took a quick bath and dressed myself. I packed my bags... I took the first train to Mokpo... and the rest was history. And now, I'm here. Thank God I'm here." Donghwa couldn't help to tear a bit. I was astounded by my older brother's experience. My mom sobbed and held my brother tightly. 

***

If I wasn't mistaken, it was after dinner when my umma and I had a serious chat. Considering what happened to Donghwa, my mom made a final decision.

"Donghae-ya... I'm sorry to tell you this... but I don't want you to study in Seoul anymore." My mother's words were inevitable but my heart simply denied her words. NO. It has been my dream to study in the city and I've finally passed to be a student in Kyunghee University. I couldn't let my dreams sink. I just couldn't.

I heaved a deep sigh and looked at my umma.

"Umma, you've always know my dream to pursue a degree at my dream University. But why? Why are you opposing to this all of a sudden? I am aware of what happened to hyung. But umma, please listen! This is my dream! I can't stay here in Mokpo." A tear fell down my cheek and my sobs became louder. I begged her to reconsider, but her decision was final.

"Umma, that incident happened 2 years ago! I'm all grown up and I'll take care of myself! Umma! Please!" I raised my voice a bit, and I regretted it because I don't usually answer back like that. Umma was silent and she didn't want to argue.

But she finally blew up like a volcano.

"NO LEE DONGHAE! What part of NO can't you understand?! I don't want to risk sending you there! Seeing my older son come in the house severely injured is enough, I don't want that to happen to you too!" She had a point but my heart was gonna burst because I couldn't accept this.

"You're staying here in Mokpo and that's final." She stood up and went to her room. The conversation was over.

End of flashback

(continuation of Donghae's POV)

And here I am. I ran away from home a couple of weeks before classes in Kyunghee started, but I do miss my family. I sent them letters to ensure that I was safe, I just left out the fact that I'm in Seoul.

I stood there in my dorm's room with the cellphone in my hand... 'Mom' the caller ID read. I smiled a bit. 

"Umma, I'm safe." I whispered.

It rang again and I answered it without talking. I kept silent. I can't hide forever, right?

"LEE DONGHAE?! I KNOW THIS IS YOU!!!! YOU'RE IN SEOUL, AREN'T YOU?! YOU STUBBORN KID!" I held it to my ear and smiled while I was hearing my umma's voice despite the fact that her nagging would make me deaf any second. The call ended.

I sighed and lay down on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

I heard the front door open. Youngshin must be here already. I smiled to myself, finding ideas to make fun of her. She was just too cute when she's mad.

"Donghae, I'm home." I went out of my room and saw her putting away her shoes. She wore a big smile.

"Well, someone's in a good mood." I scoffed and her expression changed. She headed towards her room and I the television. 

A few minutes passed and she joined me on the sofa, she changed her clothes. Hmm... Youngshin and I've been friends before, right? Or did I too much when we were kids. I chuckled to myself.

Well, I hope we become friends again. I miss being with her. After all, she is one of the reasons why I wanted to study in Seoul too.

I changed the channel every 1 minute and she got annoyed. 

"Aish Lee Donghae! Just give me the remote!" She complained. Ahaha. Let the 'annoy Youngshin' begin!

"No way!" I playfully merong-ed her and she rolled her eyes. :P

"Ugh! DONGHAE!" She tried to reach for the remote in my hand but I stood up and raised my hand. I was taller than her, that's for sure :P

She jumped and tried to grab it from my hand but I raised my hand higher. "Ugh no fair Hae! You're not using it anyways!" She raised her voice and jumped higher.

I mehrong-ed her again and laughed. "HAhahahahaha too bad you're too short! :P" I teased, she pouted. haha cute.

She was about to reach the remote but I lost my balance and fell on the sofa, Youngshin fell on top of me.

The both of us instantly looked at each other's eyes. My heart started to beat fast. Youngshin was still on top of me and she didn't say a word, we just looked at each other.

Youngshin's POV

I was about to reach the remote when Donghae and I fell on the sofa. He landed with a thud. I looked into his brown eyes once again.

What is this feeling? But I kinda felt comfortable. Okay, what?! Ugh... I'm confused -___-

In a split second, Donghae wrapped his arms around me.

"Ugh whaaaaaaaaat." I asked, annoyed. Donghae hugged me tighter. Me on the other hand, reluctantly rested my head on his shoulder. Ugh what am I doing? I've never ever hugged him before. Well I guess this was an oppurtunity for me to do so since I've always wanted to hug him when I had a huge crush on him before.

"Donghae." I wanted to let go of his embrace because I was too scared that he would hear my heart that was beating too fast at the moment. But his hug was too tight, my heart beat fast and I hid my face in his shoulder so he wouldn't see me blush. We stayed like this for a while and I felt comfortable. Donghae still hugged me. I wonder what's on his mind now... Does he feel the same? Or is he just being annoying again? I sighed in defeat.

"Ugh. Alright Mr. Lee Donghae. You win. You can have the remote. But can you please let go of me?" I sighed once again but Donghae just held me.

"Youngshin."

"What."

"I just realized that you're heavy." He said. I rolled my eyes and freed me. I sat down on the sofa and so did he.

uhm awkard.

"What's up with the sudden hug?" I mehrong-ed.

"HAHAHA that was not a hug." He smirked.

"Okay fine. It wasn't. So... can I have the remote please?" I smiled and hoped he would say yes.

"No." 

"What?! Ugh fine, I'm going to sleep." I lazily stood up but he caught my wrist before I could walk away. I turned around and raised my eyebrow.

"Let's watch a movie." He asked, well since I was bored...

"Okay..." I slouched back to the sofa and sat beside Donghae.

Donghae's POV

I was suddenly confused on what the whole movie was about, I kept looking at Youngshin from time to time. Her eyes were glued to the screen. I smiled and enjoyed the rest of the movie.

A few minutes later, the movie ended but Youngshin was no longer watching. She was peacefully asleep, her head rested on my shoulder. My heart started to beat fast again. I suddenly felt sleepy to wake her up or carry her to her room so I just turned off the television.

I stared at her pretty face, and her lips. I shook my head and just held her as the both of us fell asleep on the sofa.

Author's note:

Hello! Here's another update!

Thanks for commenting and subscribing! All of you make me happy!

Please comment and Subscribe. I hope you liked this update!

THERE IS SOMETHING BIG THAT'S GONNA HAPPEN IN THE NEXT CHAPTER!

Please stay tuned! Thank you! XD

xoxoxoxoxo;

Floni Mae Kim