Ups and Downs~

The New Room Mate

Donghae's POV

"WE'RE GONNA DIE HERE. WE'RE GONNA DIE." Youngshin kept on complaining for the thousandth time.

I shook my head and covered my ears, her voice was really bugging me. But she looked so cute while she threw her childish tantrums. The room was a bit dark, and a musty smell grew from the damp mops and stagnant water that filled buckets that scattered around us. This storage room smelled awful, yes, I could've died from suffocation. I scrunched my nose and closed my eyes, keeping calm. We wouldn't be stuck here forever, someone would find us eventually find us. I do hope so.

"Are you gonna go on like that forever? Will your endless nagging save us from getting stuck here? Huh?" I shot out. She glared at me, I ignored it and leaned against the wall, resting my feet on a bucket infront of me. And so minutes passed, I seemed to get immuned with the awful scent. I coughed as dust bunnies fell upon my face. Youngshin still wore a pout. How cute.

Youngshin's POV

I could feel Donghae's gaze. I glared at him once again. Dust bunnies fell on his fringe, above his forehead. I laughed to myself, he looked like a little kid.

"What?" He asked, annoyed; in response to my chuckle.

I scooted closer to him, only inches away from his face to mine. Though it was a bit awkward, I just continued to stare at him.

"What?" Donghae asked again, I brushed off the dust from his bangs. 

"You look like an old man with all those white dust covering your hair." I chuckled once again. Donghae just stared at me, and I looked looked straight into his eyes. He had brown eyes. How charming. The both of us were like that for a few seconds until someone opened the door. I almost jumped from being surprised, but what shocked me more was the fact that the guy who opened the door was none other than CHO KYUHYUN.

I was suddenly oblivious that Donghae and I were in such an awkward position. I was dumbfounded and so was everyone in the room. I scooted away from Donghae and looked down waiting for the red tint of my cheekas fade away due to embarassment. 

Donghae stood up and dusted off his button-up shirt whilst reaching for me to take his hand, and so Icomplied. I brushed away the light grey dust as well. Donghae coughed and Kyuhyun was still silent. I could tell that he felt awkward too but with no apparent reason.

"I was wondering where the both of you went." Kyuhyun broke the silence and he looked at Donghae and I, he cleared his throat after his sentence.

"Uhm, well..." I was still embarassed that I seem to be tongue-tied, my sentences were incoherent explanations and so I just shut up leaving Donghae to explain.

"Our Youngshin here thought that this was the restroom and she texted me to bring her--" I nudged the side of Donghae's stomach for him to stop what he was saying. He looked at me and I gave a quick glare before faking a smile. It's just that I don't want Kyuhyun to know I have asthma, I want to be the perfect girl for him. If he knew I had asthma, then I'd be called a weakling and I don't want Kyuhyun to see me like that. I am a strong girl and plus, I don't want him to worry about me. XD

"Well, okay then... So you got trapped inside this stinky storage room?" Kyuhyun looked around the dim room as he jumped to our conclusion. Donghae and I nodded in unison. Kyuhyun chuckled and messed my hair, the red tint of my cheeks crept again.

"For a moment there, I thought something bad happened to you. Well, I wouldn't want that to happen." Kyuhyun lightly pinched my cheeks as he flashed his charming smile. I repeated the last sentence he said in my mind. I smiled sheepishly. AHHH KYUHYUN'S SO CUTE!

Donghae cleared his throat, ruining my moment with Kyu. "How about me huh? So it's okay if something bad happened to me? Ah, what a friend." Donghae jokingly said. Kyuhyun turned to him and chuckled. Me on the other hand, mimicked what Donghae said but only to myself.

"Well, Youngshin won't be in any danger as long as she's by my side, right?" Donghae confidently said whilst putting his arm over my shoulder. He wore a bright smile.

"Do you really think so? For me, it's the other way around." I mocked him and 'mehrong'. "Aish." Donghae hissed.

"That's enough. The both of you." Kyuhyun was still laughing.

"You two look like a married couple bickering over trivial things." Kyuhyun added. LOL What? Married couple, my foot. I'd rather be married to YOU Kyuhyun. "C'mon, let's go." The three of us headed towards the exit but then I remembered that it wasn't only the three of us who went here.

"Kyuhyun-ah, Where's Victoria?" I asked, we were a few blocks away from the restaurant already.

"Oh I dropped her off at her dorm already and then I immediately searched for you two." He smiled. Donghae was beside me and it was as if he was sulking. Both of his hands were in his pockets and he looked at his shadow as he walked. What's his problem? I thought.

The walk was pretty quiet but we sometimes chatted then kept silent then chatted, then it became silent again... 

Rrrring! rrrring!

Kyuhyun and I checked if it were our cellphones but it turned out to be Donghae's. But Donghae suddenly had a panicked expression on his face. I was getting more curious on what was happening to Donghae. He's been acting oddly.

"Hae, are you alright?" I asked, he was still looking at the buzzing cellphone in his hand.

"Hae?" I asked again and Kyuhyun snapped his fingers. Just like a person under hypnosis, Donghae blinked twice and turned to us.

"Ah- me- uhm, Yeah I'm alright. I gotta go now! I'll just meet the both of you at campus. Annyeong!" He sped off towards the dormitory.

"Ah- bye..." I waved but he didn't see it. That's strange, what's gotten into him? Hmm...

"Hmm. Well I guess we'll just see him around." Kyuhyun shrugged while we walked again. I wanted to start a conversation in the most casual way I could without being caught up with me being shy around him.

"So, Youngshin-ah, where do you want to study tomorrow? Is it okay if I drop by your dorm?" Kyuhyun asked, panic shot instantly through me. OMO! I spaced out a bit.

"Uhmm... Earth to Youngsin..." He waved his hand infront of me and I regained my senses. What excuse am I gonna make up? AISH.

"Ah... My dorm? .... Uhm, how about your place instead?" I suggested, feeling confident that I eased my way out through this slight problem. Ugh I don't want anyone to know I'm sharing a dorm with DONGHAE!

"Unfortunately, my room's under renovation so that's why I'm gonna move to a new dorm. I haven't told you this before, have I?" Kyuhyun explained.

I shook my head. "Oh... Well, we can always study at the library?" I smiled.

"Well yeah, that would be okay." Kyuhyun flashed one of his charming grins. AH SO HANDSOME ><

We were now standing infront of the dormitory and I honestly wanted to spend more time with Kyuhyun but nah I'm gonna be with him tomorrow anyways ^_______^

"Youngshin-ah..." Kyuhyun said calmly, my heart beat faster at his tone.

"N-neh?" I almost stuttered out.

"I would be more than glad to walk you to your dorm. May I?" Kyuhyun smiled once again. BOOOM! THERE GOES MY HEART <33333

"Ah--uhm.."

THEN BOOM REALITY HIT ME, I can't let him walk me to my dorm because my dorm is DONGHAE'S too! T____T

Kyuhyun was anticipating for my answer...

"Uhm, ah I'll go by myself ^_^" I smiled sheepishly once again. Kyuhyun nodded and looked down then pinched my cheek as his eyes met mine again.

"Arasseo, maybe next time." He smiled sincerely. 

"Well, you should go first." I said, and patted his shoulder.

"Ah, yeah. See you tomorrow Youngshin!" He waved and WINKED. My heart exploded tbh.

"N-neh!" Dang I gotta get rid of stuttering when I'm around him.

I watched Kyuhyun's back as he retreated to another entrance of the building to where his dorm was, and as for me, I went back to my dorm...

I smiled throughout the whole elevator ride... "What a day..."

 

Donghae's POV

I finally arrived in the dorm. No matter how many times I reject the call, it keeps dialling me again!!!

No no no. How?

My phone kept ringing and ringing.

This is it... I locked myself in my room and answered the phone call.

"LEE DONGHAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" Someone said on the other line.

Aish I'm in huge trouble. T______________________T

 

 

 

-------------------------------- *** --------------------------------

Author's Note:

Hello! I'm really sorry for not updating! It's been months since the last time I've posted a chapter.

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed this update!

Do you guys have any idea on who was calling Donghae? :)))))))) hehehehehehe~

You will find out on the next chapter! Please stay tuned!

PLEASE DO COMMENT! More comments make me happy and whenever I read your comments I get motivated to update! hahaha XD

Btw, hello silent readers 

Subscribe too ^^

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

xoxoxo,

Floni Mae Kim

-------------***-------------