Truth Revealed

The New Room Mate

Author's Note!!!

Sorry for some typos. I'll edit them later :)

Donghae's POV

I could feel the faint rays of the sun as it casted on my eyelids, the faint radiance peeked from the window just above the kitchen's sink. I stirred in my sleep and realized that I was sleeping alone on the sofa. "Where's Youngshin?" I mumbled, half awake. She must've went to her room. I sighed and greeted another morning. Ah, another Saturday morning; that means staying in the dorm because yay no classes. Well not for Youngshin though, she has to meet Kyuhyun today. Just crossing about this thought, I felt lonely all of a sudden. Ugh, what am I gonna do here? It being alone. I have no one to annoy.

I rubbed my eyes and stretched my arms whilst looking at the clock just above the TV, but my gaze suddenly shifted to the empty space on the couch. My eyes widened and my heart pounded ten thousand times faster than its usual. What is this??????????

I saw blood on the blanket on the sofa. BLOOD?! Uhm what? 

I immediately jumped from the sofa and stared at the maroon stain on the cloth. I ruffled my hair out of anxiety and nervousness and went straight to Youngshin's room without even knocking I opened her door. 

But to my surprise, her bed was neat and clean. Where the heck would that girl go? I bit my lip and millions of thoughts rushed through my head. I'm dead if something bad happened to Youngshin! Mrs. Park will definitely kill me! Aish, I avoided the negative thoughts first and contemplated on what happened before I woke up.

Well... Nothing happened. We just fell asleep on the couch last night. 

My eyes widened suddenly but I shook my head. Ah aniyo! I headed towards the bathroom. Aish. What are you thinking Lee Donghae. I shook my head once again. Mrs. Park's really gonna kill me, I sighed.

The bathroom's door was locked. Well I guess I've found Youngshin. 

"Yah!" I knocked on the door. And waited a few seconds, wondering if she'd answer. But there was no response at all.

"Yah! Youngshin! I need to use the bathroom!" I knocked once again.

I put my ear against the wooden door. I couldn't hear any water running, so she's not taking a bath... but after a few seconds, I could hear Youngshin's answer.

'Yah! Just a few minutes!" What's taking her too long?

Youngshin's POV

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one of my worst nightmares! No!!! 

I looked through the cabinet once again.

No more sanitary napkins! Ugh -_- How would I know that I was gonna get my period today. Ugh ugh ugh. And now I'm stuck here! With no pads! And the worst part is... I have a guy as my room mate! Ugh and that guy happens to be Donghae -_- What a stressful morning. 

I searched my minds for ideas but there was only ONE option... Ask him to buy some for me? Uhm THAT'S A BIT AWKWARD. Well no, IT IS BEYOND AWKWARD. Gah... I was going crazy and I paced around the bathroom. I felt like I was stuck in the storage room again, but this was worse. Oh how I wish I had a girl as a room mate. 

"Yah! Youngshin! What's taking you too long?" I heard Donghae knock. I shut my eyes and sighed deeply. Aish Youngshin... this will pass. Reluctantly, I opened the door. Well yes, happenings like this were inevitable anyways. I peeked and Donghae held the doorknob.

"Finally. I thought you were never gonna live in the bathroom." His expression was a bit annoyed tbh. 

"Well, uhm... not yet." I said shyly, looking down.

"Wae?" He asked. "You really do plan living here in the bathroom huh." He said, the tone of sarcasm was there of course.

I pouted. Donghae looked at me and scoffed. "Yah, don't pout. You're not cute. :P"

He tried to open the door a bit more but I opposed to his action.

"Yah! I've gotta use the bathroom to you know." He was stronger than me so he opened the door a bit more.

"WAIT FIRST." I shut my eyes and grit my teeth, having a dilemma whether I should ask him or not.

"Yah Youngshin. Are you constipated? What's up with that expression?" He asked annoyingly and let out a chuckle. His expression changed once I looked down trying to display an image of a harmless kitten who needed help. I pouted a bit.

I looked up to Donghae once again and heaved a sigh.

"Donghae."

"Yes?" 

"Can you buy me some..."

"I'm not buying you lunch today." He interrupted and mehronged :P

"Ah aniyo~" 

"Then what?" He crossed his arms and tapped his foot.

"CanYouPleaseBuyMeSomeSanitaryNapkins?????" I said, I guess I said it too fast that Donghae didn't understand a word I said. I looked down feeling embarassed than ever. Donghae on the other hand was frozen into place. Aish...

"Mwo???"

"Do I have to repeat it again?" I sighed.

"Ah ani- aniyo. B-but how am I supposed to buy those things??? I'm a GUY!" He stuttered a bit at first and ruffled his hair. Poor Donghae, he had to go through all this trouble. -_-

I scratched my head, not knowing what to do next. Well he was the only one here. I was desperate for his help.

"Mianhe Donghae-ya~" I looked down. "But please?" I smiled brightly, trying to convince him. 

Donghae didn't stand my aegyo. lol. He let out a sigh and put his hand on either side of his waist. Assa!

"Arasseo. You're gonna pay me back." He looked at me at shook his head once again.

"GOMAWO DONGHAE!!!" I smiled widely once again.

"Yeh yeh~" He waved and got his jacket from the hook. I heard the door close and I sighed in relief.

I then opened the shower and took a warm bath.

Donghae's POV

I stared at the 15,000 WON in my hands as I walked my way to the nearest convenience store. Aish good thing I didn't forget to bring my hat. I lowered my cap and returned the money inside my pocket. The weather was sunny, but I felt like a huge cloud was above me. Aish. I entered the convenience store looking from left to right if there were any people around. Good, the coast was clear. Only a few teenage girls in their school uniform were gathered up at one of the mini tables enjoying their ramen. I then stepped in and made sure to lower my cap so that people could barely see my face. Once again, I glanced from left to right.

I felt like a ninja on one special mission. I casually walked around the short aisles of the convenience store until I found the rack for the sanitary napkins. Aish, let's just get this over with.

But there were too many sanitary napkins to choose from. I didn't know what to buy.

Wings??? Without wings??? Which one????

I stood there for a minute. Aish do I look I erted for staring at these? --" 

I just got the one without wings though I had no idea what difference it made to get the other one. Reluctantly, I got one from the rack and hid it under my arm as I headed to the cashier.

But as I made my way to the counter, the girls were still there and they were looking at my direction. Aish what now? --"

"Waaah he's so cute. I wonder what his name is." The other girl whispered. I lowered my cap and went to the chips section and pretended to look at some snacks.

"Ask him." The other suggested. I was still there, faking that I haven't heard a single word they've said.

I then turned to the counter being careful so that what I bough wouldn't slip from my arm. But what I planned on doing so failed. Flip! The pad slipped from my arm unfortunately -_- Darn you plastic!

The girl immediately looked at what fell and turned to me wide-eyed.

AISH.

I quickly picked it up from the floor when the girl suddenly asked me something.

"Oppa, why did you buy sanitary pads?" She looked at me. Aish are people nowadays this nosy???

"I-- uhh... Uhm my girlfriend needs them so I-- yeah..." I rubbed the nape of my neck. I shouldn't have entertained her question and just went out of here. 

"OPPA! YOU'RE SUCH A SWEET BOYFRIEND!!!" She started smiling and acted all giddy all of a sudden. Uhm okay, what? I faked a smile.

"Hey girls, Chingu-ya~ Oppa bought his girlfriend some sanitary napkins... Awww~ He's so sweet right?" She announced, I wanted to die right there tbh. The remaining 2 girls went up to me and squealed. 

"Kyaaa~ Oppa you're so handsome and kind. I wish I had a boyfriend like you~~" They used aegyo omg. It doesn't have an effect on me tho. hahaha.

I laughed awkwardly and slowly made my way to the counter. I sighed in reliefed as I noticed the three girls didn't follow me. I got the money from my pocket and set the pads on the counter. Just as what I expected, the male cashier looked at me quizically, he then scanned the product's barcode and put it in a plastic bag.

"Sanitary Nap--"

"Aish. They're for my girlfriend!" I nearly shouted and took the plastic bag. I stormed out the store and ran to the dorm.

***

The day went on like the usual. Youngshin and I ate lunch together at the bibimbap place. She told me Kyuhyun was the one who introduced this place to her. All I could hear was "Kyuhyun this, Kyuhyun that." Aish. 

A few hours before we went home, we went grocery shopping. Alot of people, especially the elderly mistakened us as a couple. The way the both of us were quarreling over the juice drinks on the counter, the cashier told us ONCE AGAIN that we were a really cute couple, and she even asked me if we were married. 

I kind enjoyed these little moments. I've discovered how stubborn and cute she could be at the same time.

***

Youngshin's POV

"Thank you again Donghae~" I thanked him once again. It did take him a while to come back here but oh well if it weren't for him I'd be living in the bathroom now, I recalled this morning's incident. Donghae was sitting on the couch after unloading some groceries. I sighed in relief, good thing I got rid of that blanket... Blood stain. Aigoo --" Embarassment clouded me once again.

"You're welcome~" He said, his eyes were still on the television. I got my sling bag and hung it over my shoulder before sitting beside Donghae. His eyes still focused on the television.

"I'll buy you dinner!" I chuckled lightly and nudged his arm.

He then turned to me and crossed. "You're meeting up with Kyu, right?" He asked and tilted his head to the side a bit. He looked like a kid.

"Yup, why?" I nodded.

"Ah, aniyo nothing." He turned back to the TV and flipped through channels. I nodded and got up from the sofa.

"Alright then, I'll be back later." I smiled and patted Donghae's head. He slouched on the sofa and didn't pay attention to me.

"Bye." He said.

What the heck's happening to Donghae?

***

A smile suddenly appeared on my lips as I entered the library and saw Kyuhyun sitting at one of the tables. AIGOO he's so handsome. I fixed my hair a bit and went to him.

"Annyeonghaseyo Kyuhyun-ah~" I greeted and bowed.

"Oh Youngshin-ah~ You're here." He smiled. I nodded set the sling bag on the table.

"Shall we get started?" Kyuhyun grinned and offered me a seat.

"Neh." I smiled brightly and nodded.

Kyuhyun's teaching skills were really easy to follow. Yay math became easier for once. lol.

I never wanted this day to end, I was daydreaming.

"Youngshin, what's the final answer?" I was snapped back into reality. 

"Ah, uhm... X = 75?" I guessed and looked at the paper infront of me. Woah since when did it have that much notes? Wow I've spaced out too much. Bad Youngshin, bad. I shouldn't be distracted.

"Aniyo it's 60. Pay attention, okay?" He said a bit sternly. I nodded. Okay, I'm gonna take this seriously now. NO DISTRACTIONS.

Donghae's POV

I lay in my bed rolling myself in the blanket. Aish. How long am I gonna do this? I'm really getting bored. -_- I wish Youngshin was here... I sighed and pouted. Hmm... Youngshin's pretty face appeared in my mind again. I grinned. I do  like her... kinda. It's just weird to feel this way, we used to be enemies and what-not. But now, I can't seem to stop thinking about her. I tilted my head to the side where my study desk was.

Rring! Rring!

An incoming call. Must be her, I smiled once again and jumped out of bed and got my phone.

That's odd... it wasn't Youngshin who was calling me. It was Jessica.

I was a bit hesitant to answer it though. Jessica and I haven't talked to each other since we broke up so yeah things are  still a bit awkward between the both of us. How we broke up? I'm not sure why. It was a long time ago and things just started to change. Nevertheless, I promised myself that things would be normal once we went our seperate ways and that includes being friends. I shook my head and answered it.

"Donghae-ya~~~~ Oppa~ Fishy~" Jessica giggled and hiccuped. Where is she? Loud music was in the backgriund and her words wer inchoherent. I listened more carefully.

"Jessica, where are you???" I asked and tried to hear an answer. Unfortunately only the heavy music could be heard and clinks of glass.

"Oppa~~~" Jessica giggled once again, ignoring my question.

"Jessica. Just tell me where you are!" I was a bit concerened on what was happening. Why is she like this? I started to worry a bit.

"Fishy Oppa I'm here at a bar." Her words were still incoherent.

"Bar?! What are you doing there? Who are you with???" My questions trailed. I ruffled my hair. 

"The one Dongdaemun Bar." She ended the call.

I changed my clothes and went to where Jessica was. It was very unlikely for her to be at that place.

***

The stereos were on their highest volume. I held my breath because I couldn't stand the smell of the smoke coming from the cigars. Though it was only 6 pm outside, it was really dark inside. I found it difficult to find her in the crowd of people dancing. The blinking lights made it worse. Clinking glass and people chatting here and there. I finally spotted Jessica. She was wearing a pink dress and she was all alone on a table but more than 7 bottles of Soju were infront of her, all empty.

I hurriedly went to her. She was tipsy and hiccuping.

"Oppa you're here~" She smiled and started to dance to the beat. I just looked at her, my hands on either side of my waist.

"Why are you just standing there??? Sit down~" She giggled and pulled me down to one of the chairs.

"Aniyo. Jessica, we're getting you home now." I said sternly and pulled her hand to help her from the chair.

"Aniyo Oppa!" She whined, she was drunk. I let out a sigh.

"How long have you been here huh?? How many bottles of soju have you drank?? You're drunk." I raised my voice and tried to help her up again.

"You're such a party pooper!" She mehronged me and kept dancing to the beat of the music. Aish.

"Aniyo. You're gonna go home now." I pulled her hand and supported her because she was too tipsy too walk. I put her arm around me and the both of us got out of the bar.

Fresh air. Finally.

"Oppa~ Fishy oppa~" She giggled once again and hiccuped. I shook my head and tried to flag down a taxi.

"Oppa~ Donghae oppa I missed you~" She laughed and poked my cheek.

"You're drunk." I replied non-chalantly and carried her to backseat once a cab pulled over infront of us.

It was a 30 minute drive to where Jessica was staying at. She fell asleep on the way, her head rested on my shoulder. I stared at her face and tucked her hair behind her ear. How come my heart doesn't beat as fast anymore compared to when I'm with Youn

"Condo # 17 Jongno?" The driver asked. I peeked outside the window and saw a condo. 

"Hmm Ne. Kamsahamnida." I paid the fair and woke up Jessica. She seemed so tired.

"Sica, we're here." I said in a low tone and tucked the strands of hair covering her face. 

Once again. I felt no spark.

"Oh~" She nodded, still half asleep. I guess she was too drunk to even walk. Before carrying her bridal style, I got her keys from her bag and opened the front door. This condo was all to herself no one was around. I switched on the lights and put her down on the sofa before leaving her keys on the coffee table infront of it.

I turned around and was about to leave until Jessica pulled my hand.

I looked at her.

"Oppa~" She giggled. I blinked my eyes twice and said nothing.

I was taken aback. Jessica crashed her lips to mine.

I closed my eyes but I didn't kiss back. Youngshin kept popping in my head.

I broke the kiss and held her shoulders. 

"Sica, you're drunk. You should just rest." I helped her lie down.

When I looked at her again, she was sleeping already.

I sighed, walked out of her condo.

I checked my cellphone, seeing 8:00 p.m. 

I walked to the dorm alone, thinking about the kiss. Have my feelings for Jessica completely disappeared? It's really not the same anymore...

Youngshin's POV

Yes! I finally understood Math better. I smiled to myself and packed my bag. Kyuhyun stretched and yawned.

"Sleepy? Mr. Cho. " I giggled and hung my sling bag over my shoulder.

"Yeah kinda." He laughed a bit and smiled at me sweetly. My cheeks flushed in crimson.

"Thank you Kyuhyun for being my tutor. I really appreciate it." I smiled.

"You're welcome Youngshin. You're a really good student." He giggled and messed my hair as if I was a little kid.

"I'm gonna get home now. So see you next time." I bid farewell and bowed once again.

"It's late. I'll take you to your dorm." He offered. NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ah aniyo. I'll be fine. I promise." I grinned and rejected politely.

"Are you sure?" He asked.

"Neh." I smiled and bowed once again before dashing to the dorm.

I can't let Kyuhyun know where I live, I reminded myself.

No One's POV

Donghae was sitting all alone on the couch once again. Thoughts raced in his mind. His thoughts focused on the kiss. He touched his lips and sighed.

Donghae turned to the right and saw Youngshin come in. She left her shoes on the rack.

"I'm home." Youngshin took off her jacket and rubbed the nape of her neck.

"Someone looks like a zombie tonight." Donghae teased and Youngshin glared at him.

"Zombie? Aish." She checked here eyebags in the mirror next to the shoe rack.

"What time is it?" Youngshin asked as she was too lazy to read the time.

"10 minutes to 10 pm." 

"I feel dead tired." She jumped on the sofa. Donghae stared at Youngshin's face, observing her pretty face and her lips.

"You do." Donghae laughed a bit.

"Have you had dinner yet?" He asked.

"Aniyo, I don't feel like eating. And you?" She replied drowsily.

"I don't feel like eating either." He shrugged. But as Youngshin closed her eyes again. Donghae's eyes observed Youngshin's lips. Would there be a spark if he kissed her?

He was about peck her lips but before he could do so. Youngshin shifted and rubbed her eyes.

"I'm sleeping in my room. Goodnight Hae." She stood up and went to her room.

"Ah okay." Donghae looked down.

"Goodnight~"

***

Kyuhyun had luggage in both of his hands. He was excited to move in his new dorm since a close friend of his was gonna be his room mate.

"205?" He pushed the 2nd button on the elevator and waited. Kyuhyun felt sleepy he wished he would just sleep once he stepped in his new dorm.

Ting! The elevator's door opened. After looking for his dorm number, he finally found it and smiled.

***

Tok! Tok! tok! Donghae just stepped out from his room after getting dressed.

"Who would visit at this time?" He mumbled and dried his hair with the towel hung over his shoulder. On the other room, Youngshin was sleeping soundly under the covers. She could sleep for hours since she was too exhausted.

Donghae was shocked when he opened the door....

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Kyuhyun?????" Donghae's eyes were wide. He spotted luggage beside his friend. What's the meaning of this???

"Donghae!" Kyuhyun greeted and hugged his hyung. Kyuhyun got in with his luggage and set it in the living room.

"Wait, Kyuhyun-ah~ What are you doing here???" Donghae was panicking, he was frantic.

"I'm your new room mate!" Kyuhyun smiled widely whilst setting his backpack on the couch.

"B-but how?? When??" Donghae stuttered. He was going crazy.

"Donghae hyung~ I'm tired. Can we discuss this later? I need to sleep." Kyuhyun yawned and went to one of the rooms.

YOUNGSHIN'S ROOM TO BE EXACT.

Yahhh!!!!

Domghae was supposed to chase Kyu but he already locked the door. Kyuhyun didn't even mind to open the lights, he just set his backpack on the floor, removed his socks and lied down on the bed.

Youngshin's POV

I stirred in my sleep as I felt something heavy on my bed, plus, someone was knocking on my door numerous times. Could it be Donghae??? It was Donghae's voice telling me to open the door. AIsh what does he need??? I stretched my arms and felt something warm beside me. A body??? I froze in place, so scared.

Someone was sleeping beside me O_____O I freaked out!

"Yah!!!" I kicked the person beside me and I guess he/she fell on the floor. I immediately opened the lights and to my surprise... it was KYUHYUN!!!!

He rubbed his head and looked towards me. His eyes widened.

"What are you doing here????" The both of us asked in unison.


 

Author's Note:

How was it? Hahaha XDD

Sorry for the late update. Please comment and subscribe!

Thank you!!! Btw please don't forget to vote :D

 

xoxoxoxo;

thegaemgyu