I'm Sorry

Dear Diary, I Love You

You were sitting in your bed.  You looked at our journal and started writing:

Dear Diary,

It's been weird lately.  Byunghyun, even though he doesn't remember, he is starting to act different.

I mean, he's less mean to me and is more caring. But, I don't know if I should believe if its true or not.  He hasn't insulted me, he doesn't even irritate me by poking my waist nor tapping his pencil when I'm trying to study during free period.  During P.E when we play sports usually he would embarrass me or hit me with some kind of ball but nothing.  And lately Taemin has been acting extra caring to me too.  What is up with these boys?

Krystal is dating CAP, but its cute.  They are very adorable, but its scary how CAP always eats with us during lunch.  He's an intimidating person, but he loves Krystal, I can tell by the way he stares at her all the time.

Your thoughts were interrupted when you remembered about the book.  You got up trying to look for it.

"Where did I put it?"

L. Joe stared at the book.  The picture of you and him smiling at the age of five.  The two of you were smiling, holding small worms.  He flipped through the pages as he landed on a picture of you and him at the age of eight.

A picture of you holding a trophy for a spelling bee contest, as L. Joe doing a peace sign next to you.

L. Joe flipped through more of the pages as he landed on a picture of you and him during middle school.

Byunghyun & ________ middle school opening. It titled.

L. Joe sat down, flipping through the book as more memories of you and him he started to regain. He read through every picture description, from the time you and him were at the amusement park opening, to the picture of you and him with a goat at the petting zoo when you guys were eleven.

His eyes widened as he stared at a picture of you and him with the old couple who owned the ice cream parlor.

Free ice cream from halmoni and haraboji!

He turned the page to see a picture of himself kissing you on the cheek.  His eyes grew big, remembering that picture.

Flashback:

"Okay guys smile!" Mrs. Lee & Mrs. Han said.

The two of you smiled but at last minute, Byunghyun turned, kissing you on the cheek.  Your eyes grew big as you turned to him.

"Yah!" You slapped his shoulder.

"What?" Byunghyun laughed.

"Byunghyun!" Mrs. Lee scolded.

Byunghyun hugged you tightly.

"Eomma! You like _______ right? I'm going to marry her when I grow up!"

"Yah! Who said I was going to marry you!" You rebeled.

"ME!" Byunghyun smiled, kissing your check again.

"YAH! LEE BYUNGHYUN!" You screamed running after him.

End of Flashback.

L. Joe smiled as he flipped to the last page.  He started reading the message.  His eyes glued on the last sentence.

Byunghyun ah, I'll miss you.

L. Joe stared at the message remembering how he left you.

Flashback: L. Joe's leave

"Oppa!" You cried.

"_______ ah." Byunghyun said hugging you.

"Oppa! Don't go please!" You cried.

"I have to.  I'll come back don't worry." Byunghyun smiled.

"I promise."

The two of you intertwined pinkies together as he kissed your cheek.

"I'll be back before you know it."

End of Flashback.

L. Joe's eyes started to tear, as he punched his hands on the book.

"_________." He whispered.

He ran downstairs towards the old garage.

"Byunghyun honey?" Mrs. Lee said, rushing towards her son.

"What's wrong?"

"Eomma, where did you put my old phone?" L. Joe asked.

"What?"

"Where is my phone!" L. Joe yelled.

"It's in the attic."

Mr. Lee came out with the box.  L. Joe stared at him.

"Appa." L. Joe whispered.

Mr. Lee walked up to him, handing the box.

"I've kept every item that __________ had given you." Mr. Lee said.

L. Joe took the box, laying it on the floor as he opened it.  His old phone that was stained with blood was there.  He took it, turning it on.  As the phone finished loading, the same picture he had as his wallpaper from the accident of you and him was still there.  Tears ran down his eyes, your face became familiar almost too familiar.

"Eomma, Appa." He whispered.

"Do you remember now?" Mr. Lee asked.

L. Joe cried, as he couldn't forgive himself for what he had done to you.

"I made her life a living hell." L. Joe said.

"No you didn't." Mrs. Lee said calming her son down.

"Eomma, you didn't know what I did to her! I , I injured her! I did everything possible to ruin her life and now she probably hates me!" L. Joe yelled.

"Not if you tell her you love her." Mr. Lee said.

L. Joe looked up at his father.

"I know deep down, your the same Byunghyun who loved ________ with all your heart." Mrs. Lee smiled.

L. Joe nodded.  He ran up the stairs.  He took the book and your necklace rushing out of the house.

You were still rummaging through your bookshelf trying to find the book.

"Where the hell did I put it!" You yelled at yourself.

The doorbell rang, as you sighed.

You ran down the stairs, running towards the door.  You opened it.  Your eyes widened to find a drenched L. Joe in your doorway.  It was raining hard, and lightning was flashing in the dark.

"L. Joe... what are you doing-"

Your eyes turned to the book.

"You! Why do you have this book!" You yelled tearing it away from his grasps.

"I asked you WHY!" You yelled.

You hadn't been so mad in your life.

"It's nothing important to you!" You yelled about to close the door when L. Joe slammed his hand on the door leaving the open space between you and him.  Both of you stared at each other as L. Joe looked at you seriously.

"Why didn't you tell me."

You stared at him.

"Tell you what." You asked.

"Don't be stupid ________."

You gulped hard as you tried to run away.

You turned to leave, when he grabbed your arm, pulling you into his chest.

"Pabo." L. Joe whispered.

You were confused.

'Why is he acting this way?' You thought.

L. Joe's arms were wrapped around you, you pushed him away, slamming the door on him.

You held on to the book, staring at it.

L. Joe stood outside in the rain.   Staring at the door.

"Han __________.  I'm sorry.  I'm sorry I didn't remember you sooner."