I Promise.

Dear Diary, I Love You

After your math study session.  You waved goodbye to Krystal and Taemin, walking back home.

Kicking the rocks on the sidewalk, you looked up to see a figure near your gate.  Cautiously, you walked up to the figure to find it was Mrs. Lee.  Byunghyun's mother.

"Mrs. Lee?" You asked.

She turned around, quickly hugging you.

"Oh! __________! It's been a long time! How have you been?"

Your eyes grew big.  It was her.

"I've been fine.  Where's Byunghyun?" You asked right away.

Mrs. Lee stepped back.

"_________.  There is a lot you need to know.  Can we go inside?" Mrs. Lee asked.

Opening the door to your house, you hanged your backpack on the hanger, throwing your school uniform jacket in the laundry basket.  You walked to the kitchen, pulling out two cups, pouring orange juice inside.

Silence filled the air, as the two of you sat across from each other in the living room.

"_________.  I know you have many questions about Byunghyun right now, but I want to tell you something first."

You nodded.

"Byunghyun... he changed." She started.

'No duh he changed.' You thought.

"After a year we moved to the U.S, we were suppose to come back to Korea as a surprise visit to you... but." Mrs. Lee had started to shake.

"But what?" You asked.

"We were caught up in a big scene in L.A.  There were shoot outs, bunch of cops.  Byunghyun... he was unlucky."

Your eyes widened.

'He didn't-'

"He was hit my a runaway car that was fleeing from the sight.  He had walked out of the car to pick up something that fell from the truck we had." Mrs. Lee cried.

"So was he-"

"Yes.  He was in a coma for months, until when he woke up.  He forgot about everything.  Well mostly everything... including you."

You sank to the ground, tears forming in your eyes.

'My Byunghyun... my best friend... doesn't remember me.' You thought, crying.

"_________, your a sweet girl.  Your like my own daughter.  But, I have a request for you." You looked up.

"Help him retrieve his memoires.  Including the ones of you." Mrs. Lee begged.

"I know, it will take some time but, I really would like to see my son smile again." Mrs. Lee said.

She stood up from her seat.  She bowed towards you, and walked out of the door.

You still sat there, not moving.

'Help him retrieve his memories.... including the ones of you.'

Her voice echoed in your mind, as you remembered the last thing she said.

'I really would like to see my son smile again.'

You ran up to your room.  Digging through your drawers, you found a picture of young you and Byunghyun.

Tears ran down your eyes.  Slumping to the ground, you hugged the picture tightly to yourself.

"I promise."