A Change

Dear Diary, I Love You

Looking through your book.  You sighed with relief that he didn't do anything to it.  You reached through your bag to grab the key when you noticed it was gone.

"What the! No! Where is it!"

You cried hoping it was at the bottom of your bag.

"Now where did my necklace go?"

L. Joe sat at his desk, actually doing his homework and studying.  He stared at your key necklace and smiled.

"I'll change, for you." He whispered, continuing to study.

The next day of school.  Everyone's eyes widened as L. Joe was actually early to class.  He sat down at his desk pulling out a textbook studying before class started.

"Yah. L. Joe what are you doing?" Ricky asked.

"What does it look like I'm doing, genius? I'm studying." L. Joe replied.

CAP, Chunji, Changjo, Niel and Ricky's eyes widened.

"What?!" They yelled.

They couldn't believe his words, L. Joe... studying?

"Hyung, your joking right?" Niel said.

"Nope." L. Joe replied.

You walked into the room with Taemin and Krystal.  L. Joe looked up.  He didn't know what to do, nor how to react.  As usual you walked to your seat, sitting next to L. Joe.  You didn't want to talk to him, since you were still irritated that he had your book.

"Hey." L. Joe said.

You turned towards him and turned away.

L. Joe sighed.

'She's probably still mad at me.' L. Joe thought.

During lunch, he sat with Teen Top.

"Dude what's wrong with you? You keep trying to talk to that _________ girl, i thought you hated her." CAP asked.

"Well, maybe I'm starting to like her." L. Joe said.

Ricky and Chanjo, the maknae's dropped their piece of frie.

"Really?" Chunji said getting interested in the conversation.

"Yeah." L. Joe said, taking a piece of fry, flinging it at Chunji.

"Ah Yah!" Chunji yelled.

A bunch of girls walked near L. Joe with a box of chocolate.  You on the other hand noticed.  It was not Valentines day nor white day.  It was just a bunch of girls ready to confess.

"L. Joe shi, I really like you.  WILL YOU BE MY BOYFRIEND!" The bowed holding out the box of chocolates.

You looked at them.  You didn't really care, but on the inside you really did.  L. Joe caught you staring as he smirked.  You turned away.

'He'll probably accept them.' You thought.

"No."

Your eyes widened as you turned to see L. Joe standing up.

"Now if you excuse me, I'm busy." L. Joe said.

L. Joe walked up to your table.  Taemin glared as Krystal waved.

The girls watched, frustrated.

"_________." L. Joe said nervously.

You looked up at him weirdly.

"What?" You asked.

On the outside you tried to seem you didn't care but on the outside you were one, scared he was going to insult you again, two, nervous on what he's going to say and three, completely lost.

"Meet me at the 'wangja tower.' at 6PM tonight, if your late, I'll kill you." He said seriously and walked away.

Everyone in the cafeteria stared in awe.

Your eyes widened hearing the word wangja come out of his mouth.

"He doesn't..." You whispered.

"Well are you going?" Krystal asked.

"What?" You said.

"Psh, no." You replied.

But really you did want to go.

After school, Krystal ran off with CAP.  You and Taemin walked home together.

"Are you really going to see that douche bag tonight?" Taemin asked.

You laughed.

"No.  Probably not." You said.

Taemin waved goodbye as you walked inside your house.

"I'm home!" You yelled.

You threw your bag on the ground of your room, and laid on your bed.

Meet me at the 'wangja tower.' at 6PM tonight

You shook your head.

"How would he know that word." You asked yourself.

Your phone rang.  You ran up to it, answering.

"Hello?"

"_________!"

"Mrs. Lee?" You asked.

"Oooh dear! Um, Byunghyun is missing!"

"What!"

"I don't know where he went! He just got mad at us all of a sudden and ran."

You didn't know what to do and ran to find him.

Without a jacket or jeans.  You ran in the cold night trying to find him.  Then you remembered about the wangja tower.

'He wouldn't.'

You ran towards his old house, and running another few blocks to where the park was where the two of you met.  You ran around the park circling.

"L. Joe!" You yelled.

"L. Joe!"

'He has to be here.'

"YAH! BYUNGHYUN!" You screamed.

"Stop calling out my name, I can hear you."

You turned around to see him siting on the swings.

You stared at him.

"You came." He said.

"I came because your mom said you were gone missing!" You yelled.

"You were worried about me?" L. Joe smirked.

He caught you.

"N-No!" You said stuttering.

L. Joe laughed.

"Right ________.  Same old you.  Always worrying about others before herself.  Look at you, your going to freeze."

L. Joe took off his jacket, laying it on your shoulder.  You looked up at him weirdly.

"Why are you doing this?" You asked.

"Doing what?" L. Joe asked.

"This! Being nice to me all of a sudden! Are you taking pity on me!  I don't need you, I didn't need you anymore!"

L. Joe felt hurt.  He looked in your eyes, seeing the tears fall.

"I waited for you! You said you were going to come back!" You screamed.

You didn't care.  He doesn't remember me and he'll never will.  You thought.

"I promised didn't I?"

Your eyes grew big as you stared at him.

"What?"

L. Joe pulled his hand up, his hands in a fist.  He gently opened it, appearing your key necklace.

"My necklace!"

You went to grab it, but L. Joe pulled it away.

"Give it now!" You yelled.

"Why, how important is it to you?"

"L. Joe give it now!"

"Why don't I test this hm?"

L. Joe was ready to throw it somewhere outside the park, when you pushed him down.  L. Joe grinned.  You were on top of him, laying in the grass.

"Give it to me now."

L. Joe smiled.  He unhooked the necklace, putting it around your neck.  You gave him a weird stare.

"Perfect." He whispered.

Before getting up, you noticed a shining object around his neck.  He noticed you looking.

"Oh this?" He asked pulling it out.

You stared at that object, looking at him.

"My best friend from long time ago bought it for me.  It's funny, we had matching keys for our journal we were going to write and put pictures in as memories.  This was the only thing I had left of my past before I lost my memories." L. Joe said.

The two of you were sitting in the grass, face to face, inches apart.

"That best friend, was you right?" L. Joe asked.

Tears ran down your face.  You didn't know how to react, whether to be happy he remembered you or to be angry at him for teasing you.

"I'm sorry for the things I did to you.  If I had known, I wouldn't have done that."

L. Joe touched your cold cheek.

"Because I love you, my best friend Han __________."

You didn't care anymore and hugged him tightly.

"Byunghyun oppa!" You cried.

L. Joe smiled, giggling.  Hugging you back.

"Shh, don't cry, oppa is here." L. Joe said.

L. Joe walked you home.  You turned towards him before walking into the gate.

"Tomorrow, you'll be different right?" You asked.

L. Joe saluted.

"Of course for my princess." L. Joe smiled.

You laughed.  You hugged him again, your arms wrapped around his waist.

"I'm afraid that tomorrow, you'll turn to the same mean disrespectful L. Joe." You whispered.

"That won't happen, I promise.  And this time, I'll keep my promises I make with you."

L. Joe waved goodbye to you.  Watching you enter your home safely.  You ran up to your room, jumping up and down.  You were so excited.  But what you didn't know was, L. Joe was staring at your window watching you.

L. Joe laughed, and smiled.

"Silly _________."