A Chat with Ice Cream

Dear Diary, I Love You

Sunday, you decided to take a walk in the morning.  You stretched your body from side to side, as you walked through the old park.  You smiled remembering that one time you tried to confess your love to Byunghyun.

Flashback: Valentine's day.

You smiled at yourself.  You were impressed on how good your baking was.  You aligned the chocolate together, spelling out the words I Love You in English.  You giggled to yourself as you walked out the door ready to go to school.

Walking to the gates, you saw Byunghyun leaning on the side.  He smiled towards you, waving.

"Good morning ________." He said.

You smiled as you and him walked to class.

After school you were nervous.  You were about to confess to him.  You held the box to your chest, hugging it.

"Okay you can do this." You said to yourself.

As you walked near him, you stopped.

"Please accept my love." A girl named Minhee said.

You saw the smile on Byunghyun's face as he accepted her box of chocolate.

"Gomawo, Minhee shi." He said.

Right there your heart shattered.  You gripped onto your box of chocolate tightly.  Tears pushing from the inside of your eyes, fighting to come out.

You saw him turn around, his eyes growing big seeing you there.

"Hey, you okay?" He asked.

He walked up to you, touching your shoulder, but you pushed him away.

You saw his eyes turn towards the box of chocolate, you hid it behind your back.

"Hey? You didn't give it to someone yet?" He asked.

'Its for you babo.' you thought.

You stepped back, tears falling down your cheeks.

"Yah, why are you crying? He didn't accept it? Let me talk to him." He offered.

You stepped back again. Whispering:

"I hate you."

Byunghyun stared at you, as you stepped back as he tried to come closer.

"I hate you! Go back to Minhee!" You yelled running off. Dropping the box of chocolate.

End of Flashback.

You sat on the swing set.

"I came here after that." You whispered.

"But you never came to find me."

"What are you doing here?"

Your eyes widened as you turned around to see L. Joe in a grey jacket, and track pants.

He pulled out his earphones sitting next to you on the swings.  You wiped the tears from your face away, staring at him.

"What are you doing here?" You asked.

"I asked you first." He said.

You stared at him.  His blonde hair was in his face, one side covering his eyes, with the jacket's hood covering the rest of his hair.

"I know I'm good looking but you don't have to keep staring at me." L. Joe joked.

You stood up irritated about to leave when he grabbed your wrist.

"What now?" You asked, giving a hint to him that you were irritated.

"Sit." He said.

"Why should I?" You asked.

"Fine, don't want to sit? Then come with me." L. Joe said.

"Where are we going?" You asked.

He dragged you towards an ice cream parlor.  Your eyes widened to which ice cream parlor it was.

"Isn't it too early to eat ice cream?" You asked.

"Just come on."

You and L. Joe entered, two old couples smiled.

"Ah Byunghyun! _________!" They said.

Your eyes widened.  It was them.  They would always give you guys free ice cream when the two of you were little.  L. Joe's eyes widened as he stared at you and pointed to himself.

"You know me?" L. Joe asked.

"Of course we do!  You two used to come in here all the time when you guys were little."

Your eyes widened giving them a "Don't" expression.  The old man's wife elbowed his side gently as his eyes widened.

"I mean... What can I get you?" He asked.

L. Joe stared at him with a confused look and said:

"I'll have-"

"One rainbow sherbet and one cookie's n cream coming up." The old man said.

L. Joe's eyes widened.

"How did you-"

"Its always the number one ice cream to order here." He said smiling.

L. Joe paid as the two of you sat in the corner of the parlor.

"Those two.  So cute." The old man said.

"They are even sitting in the exact spot they sat when they were kids." The old woman said.

You and L. Joe ate ice cream in silence.

"Why are you being nice to me all of a sudden." You asked.

"I'm not." He said.

You looked at him.

"I'm here to ask you something."

"What?" You asked, continuing to eat your ice cream.

"Do I know you?"

You stopped eating, the spoon frozen in front of your lips.  You looked up at L. Joe.  He was dead serious.  His face expression was solid and looking for a complete answer.

You put the spoon down, smiling.

"Why would you think that?" You asked.

"I don't know.  You seem familiar." He said eating his rainbow sherbet ice cream.

'Are you remembering me Byunghyun?' You asked yourself.

After the two of you were done, you waved goodbye to the old man and woman.  As you guys walked out, a voice called out to the two of you.

"L. Joe!"

You turned to see Teen Top.

"What are you two doing here?" Changjo asked curious.

"Yeah, are you two going out or something?" Chunji said, elbowing L. Joe.

"No, why would I date a girl like her." L. Joe said.

Right then, your heart sank.

"I should go.  Bye." You said.

L. Joe watched as you left.  You turned around and smiled.

"Thanks for the ice cream, Byunghyun shi." You smiled.

L. Joe's eyes widened.  You waved and ran off.

His eyes were still on you.  His cheeks started to warm up as he turned away blushing.

"Oooh! Someone is blushing!" Ricky grinned.

"Shut up! I'm not blushing!" L. Joe said, pushing Ricky hard.

L. Joe touched his cheek as he stared at the pathway you had ran off to.

'Why do you seem so familiar?'