Chapter 9: Oblivious

Motivation

IMPORTANT MESSAGE: I WILL NOT BE UPDATING ANY OF MY STORIES STARTING FROM JUNE 17-23 AND JUNE 26-JULY 25

So yes, there will be a small window in between my first and second vacation, in which I hope to update all my stories … yes, I will probably be writing my stories on my vacation. But chances are, if I ever get bored (I probably will, since I get bored easily), then I write.

But yeah. Just as a heads up. But please don’t un-sub because of the long inactivity, especially the second vacation … D:

If you do unsub, I’ll cry D’:

BUT ANYWAYS, ENJOY!

 

“T-Taengoo…” I heard a voice gently whisper to me. I was sleeping with Sica, right.

“Mmph…” I mumbled, snuggling with Sica more. I heard a suppressed gasp, but I ignored it and smiled, enjoying the warmth she provided.

“Y-Yah, Taengoo…” I shifted again, causing Sica to gasp again, for some reason. “Taengoo, let’s wake up~”

Jessica, the sleeping princess, wanting to wake up? And before me? “Noo…” I whined softly, pulling her closer to me so she wouldn’t be able to escape me.

After a moment of silence, a reason for why Sica wanted to wake up popped into my head. I couldn’t have slept that long, right? “What time is it?” I asked softly, just in case she fell back asleep.

After another moment of silence, she responded with, “Eight forty-seven.”

“Why do you want to wake up this early?”

“It’s not early…”

“It is for you.”

“Yah!” Sica hit me lightly on the head, causing me to giggle. “I couldn’t sleep with you molesting me anyway…”

I full on laughed this time.

I felt heat coming from her neck. “Y-You did!” Sica whined in protest. “I couldn’t f-fall asleep…”

“I’m sorry,” I told her, still giggling. She didn’t respond. “It’s a habit of mine to hug something when I sleep,” I explained. Her only response was an increase of her neck heat.

I removed my head from her neck. “Are you sick?” I asked her, looking at her with worry. I brought the back of my hand to her  forehead; it was pretty hot.

She removed my hand. “No, why?”

“You’re burning up.”

“…O-Oh…”

I giggled again. “You don’t need to hide stuff from me. I’ll get medicine,” I told her, getting off the bed. I saw her try to get up as well. “Don’t move, Sica. I can bring the medicine to you.”

Sica reluctantly sighed and laid back down on the bed.

I quickly ran to my suitcase (I didn’t fully unpack everything yet) and grabbed medicine for fevers and ran back to the bedroom. When I went back, I saw Sica asleep again.

I noticed that she had her usual arm above her head, which caused me to giggle. Sica was so cute when she was sleeping. Oh well, I’ll just give it to her when she wakes up again.

I slipped in the covers and snuggled up with Sica again.

0*0*0*0

“Hey, you lovebirds. Get up,” A voice invaded my dreams about an ice cream monster. Don’t ask, by the way.

I stirred a little, waking up Sica. “Taengoo…~” Sica said while stretching, causing my head to accidently shift downwards. My head stopped at something soft. Enjoying the softness, I shifted my head to get comfortable.

“B-ByunTae!”

Then, I realized what I might be on. I jumped up, face hot-red. “S-Sorry…”

Tiffany giggled. “You lovebirds are so cute,” she cooed. “I heated up some breakfast, so you guys can just eat that when you two decide to get up.”

Sica’s face also turned red. “You’re just jealous of our close relationship,” Sica sat up and stuck out her tongue at Fany, hugging me.

Tiffany frowned (so cute!) and stuck out her arms. “Tae, we’re also close friends, right?”

I felt Sica’s grip tighten around me.

I stuck out my tongue at her. “MeanFany. That’s what you get for teasing me about Leeteuk earlier,”

“Yah! Jessi helped me!”

I jumped out of her arms and pointed at her accusingly. “Yeah, you did! MeanSica!”

“Taengoo~” Sica whined, kicking her legs and holding her arms out, pouting.

“You’re cute aegyo won’t save you this time,” I said, trying to prevent myself from pinching her cheeks. She had really pinch-able cheeks.

“Tiff! You’re so mean!”

Fany shrugged. “Well, I’m gonna eat now,” she told us, heading out the door.

“Come on Sica, let’s eat,” I said. As if on cue, my stomach grumbled.

I held my stomach and sheepishly grinned. “Heh heh…”

Sica grinned with me. “Aww, Taengoo is hungry!”

I ignored my desire to protest and grabbed her hand, pulling her to the table.

0*0*0*0

“So we’re all in the Humanities and Sciences school?”

Tiffany and Jessica nodded. “Alright. Let’s go there first, then,” I told them, walking up to the map.

“Uh, Tae? The building is that way,” she said, pointing to a huge tan-colored building. “We covered this in the tour. Remember?”

“…oh…” I grinned.

Fany and Sica both laughed. “Come on, TaeTae, let’s explore it a little,”

We didn’t get far before I saw him.

Well, you probably don’t know who ‘he’ is. Unfortunately, he isn’t interested in me.

He turned around and showed off his bright smile, making me turn around to hide my blush. “Jessica! Hey!”

…Oh. It wasn’t for me. I still, for some reason, got sad at the fact that he liked Sica and not me. It was pretty selfish of me, but you couldn’t blame me. He was persistent enough to endure Sica’s wrath, and nice enough to always have a smile on his face. Not to mention he was incredibly good looking.

Sica scoffed. “Not him again.” She scooted behind me. “Taengoo, save me!”

“Wh-What?” I asked, startled as Leeteuk approached.

“Hey! Taeyeon, right?” He … he remembered my name.

“Y-Yeah,” I replied, doing my best to smile without turning red. “Sica, you shouldn’t hide from people. It’s rude.”

Leeteuk sighed. “If she doesn’t want to talk, it’s fine.” He turned around. “See you later, Taeyeon!” He yelled back, waving.

He didn’t say bye to Sica …!

I heard Sica sigh a breath of relief. “Thank god,” she said, getting out of her cover.

“Why do you dislike him so much anyway?”

“Well, it’s not that I dislike him, it’s that I already like someone—” Sica stopped herself abruptly.

I grinned. “Who?”

She turned red. “I’m not telling you.”

I frowned. “Why not?”

“Yeah, Jessi. I told you I liked someone, why didn’t you tell me that you liked someone?”

I looked at Fany, surprised. “You also like someone?”

Fany smiled. “Yeah,” she replied. “I’m not going to tell you who though,” she cut me off as I opened by mouth.

I frowned again. “Aww, don’t be sad, TaeTae. It takes forty three muscles to frown, but only seventeen to smile.”

“And zero to not do anything.”

She laughed in response. “And zero to not do anything,” she agreed, nodding.

“You didn’t admit you liked Leeteuk, anyway. So that’s why we aren’t telling you,” Sica told me.

I gaped. “What? I don’t like him though!”

“Shall I call him over here now?” Sica turned towards Leeteuk’s direction. “Lee—” I put my hand on , cutting her off.

“Don’t…” I said, not wanting them to find out. “But you said ‘we aren’t telling you’. Does that mean you both know who the other likes?”

“Of course!” Tiffany said, putting her arm around Jessica’s shoulder.

Sica, however, looked uncomfortable.

I laughed. “Sica isn’t doing a very good job at convincing me.”

“Well, Jessi just is still surprised about who I like,” Fany said, trying to come up with an excuse.

“Hmph. You guys shouldn’t lie,” I scolded them. “Fany, I thought you were a Christian. You should know more not to lie.”

“We’re just teasing you, Tae,” Fany said, smiling her signature eye-smile. Sica breathed a sigh of relief.

“What’s wrong, Sica? Do you like Leeteuk?” I asked, grinning. Although in the inside, I was a bit sad because I knew I had no competition with Sica when it came to Leeteuk.

“No! It’s just…” Sica trailed off. Before I had the chance to press it, she pointed to the Humanities and Sciences Building. “Let’s start exploring our main school building!”

I sighed and decided to let the subject off, knowing that if Sica really likes Leeteuk, I would have to settle for someone else.

I felt sorta betrayed by her.

But then again, it wasn’t her fault. Jessica is a very attractive person, and so is Leeteuk. It’s only natural for those kind of people to get together.

 

Sorry that chapter seemed a bit … bad?

I don’t know how to write in Taeyeon’s POV in this story much. I did this because … well, ‘9’ is a special number to Taeyeon and I; it’s both of our favorite numbers; Taeyeon was born on March 9, I was born on November 29. Plus, she wore the number ‘9’ in ‘Oh!’. So yeah. Had to make this in Taeyeon’s POV.

Might end up revising this …? Probably not :P

Anyways, hope you enjoyed!