Chapter 16: Revelation! ...?

Motivation

"Bye Taeyeon!" Leeteuk waved to me, grinning that beautiful smile of his.

I mean--well, it did show off his white teeth perfectly. There's no denying how good looking his smile is; it's a wonder how Tiffany and Jessica could see it but not be affected by it.

I felt my face grow a little warm as I waved back, quickly zipped up my backpack, and started for the door. Then, remembering the textbook we received in class today, I stopped and grabbed the textbook before scuttling out of the classroom, eager to tell Tiffany and Jessica what I had just learned.

"Hey--wait, Taeyeon!you forgot something!" I heard his voice from behind me.

Grinning as an idea popped into my head, I broke into a run. "Catch me if you can!" I sang, increasing my speed.

"Y-Yah, why are you running away from me?" I heard him shout as the sound of footsteps from behind me increased in frequency.

I giggled and willed myself to run faster, hugging my textbook to my chest so I wouldn't drop it.

"H-Hey Taeyeon, get back here!" I heard him shout again. "God, why can you run so fast?"

"Why are you so slow?" I shouted back, giggling again.

0*0*0*0

I quickly rounded the building and sped through the door. Seeing that an open elevator's doors were closing, I ran to that one, yelling "wait!"

The people inside the elevator gave me looks, but prevented the door from closing and let me in. "Thanks," I breathed out, quickly tapping the close doors button. Right as the doors began to close, I saw Leeteuk run inside the building and scan it.

Giggling, I tapped the close door button faster, but Leeteuk saw me. "Taeyeon! Wait!" But the doors had already closed.

I fist-pumped. "Yes!"

"Boyfriend?" an amused voice asked.

I looked at the person who just said it; she was a pretty female with long, wavy, light brown hair and startling green eyes. Those very eyes were arched upwards into a smile; in fact, her smile was really similar to Tiffany's. "No, he's just a friend," I explained, giggling Leeteuk's expression as he ran towards the elevator doors.

"He's pretty good looking," she speculated, nodding to herself as if agreeing.

"Hey, your boyfriend is in this elevator," a male voice said. I turned to look at him; he had short, messy black hair and those type of misty/glassy blue eyes that made him seem like he was a fortune teller or something.

The girl laughed and hit her boyfriend's arm playfully. "There's nothing wrong with me stating it, right?" she asked innocently. "Plus, you're waaay hotter," she continued, looking deep into his eyes.

He smiled back; he had one of those cute half-smiles, where half his mouth rose to his right cheek, and his misty blue eyes seemed to sparkle. "I love you too, Lily."

Internally, I cooed. I wish I could have that type of relationship with Leeteuk.

"Floor 3," a calm, electronic voice said, interrupting my thoughts, and Lily and her boyfriend's interactions. "Well, good luck with the guy, um..."

"Taeyeon," I offered.

"Taeyeon!" Lily said, giving her eye smile again before the elevator doors closed, blocking my sight of them.

I patiently waited for the elevator to click to the 5th floor, readying myself at the same time to sprint to my dorm, key in hand.

"Floor 5," the electronic voice said. As soon as the doors opened, I dashed out, quickly glancing at the numbers on the doors. After spotting my room, I quickly grabbed the door handle. As soon as I did this, I heard footsteps pounding up the staircase nearby.

Grabbing my keys, I inserted it and turned quickly. Upon hearing the click, I opened the door and went inside. "I'm home~" I said, closing the door behind me. Upon entering, I felt the tense atmosphere: Jessi's hand just finished wiping off her eyes while Tiffany was looking at me like I was some stranger.

Jessi stood up and ran to me. "Taengoo~"

Choosing to not jump to conclusions, I laughed at Jessi's eagerness to see me. "Did you miss me that much?"

I felt Jessi's head poke my shoulder lightly, followed by a "Yeah; Tiffany was bullying me," she whined. I smiled and looked at Tiffany.

"Yah, you were asking for it," she replied, grinning. But it didn't fit; why would Jessi be crying if Tiffany was just bullying her? Maybe--

"Help me Taengoo~" I suddenly heard as Jessi grasped the back of my shirt, using me as a shield between her and Tiffany.

Before I could think much of the situation, I heard the door open from behind us. "Don't ditch me next time," Leeteuk said, panting. "Oh, hey Jess!"

Jessi let go of me. "Hi Leeteuk," she said in a very reluctant voice.

But even with Leeteuk here, I was determined to find out what had happened. "Tiffany, why did you bully Sica?"

Tiffany paused for a moment, as if remembering the past events (or trying to come up with a story) before speaking. "Jessi was making fun of Kyuhyun, and I defended him, which lead to her saying that we'd make a cute couple," she said. "So I trapped her and started to hit her with her pillow."

"Yah, there's nothing wrong with complementing you," she complained. "Right, Taengoo?" Jessi said, tugging my shirt.

I nodded, trying to fit in how that equated to Jessi crying. Maybe ... she tripped while 'escaping' Tiffany? No, that was stupid. Maybe it was because ... the thought that popped into my head made my jump a bit. It couldn't be ... could it? Jessi didn't even seem interested in him.

Was Jessi jealous of Tiffany, because she likes Kyuhyun?

I started grinning, but my thoughts were interrupted by Leeteuk's soothing voice. "Tae, did you hear me?"

I felt my face fluster with embarrassment. "Uh, ... no?" I said, back still facing him.

"I said that you forgot your binder, so I grabbed it for you," he said. I turned around, with Jessica letting go of my shirt.

"Thanks, Leeteuk!" I said, smiling at him as I took my binder.

He nodded and stepped back out into the hallway. "Well, I'll be seeing you, Jessi, Taeyeon, and Tiffany!" he said, waving.

He didn't say bye to me first... I thought as he walked back to the elevator. He still likes Sica more...

"Do you have any homework, Tae?"

It was Tiffany, trying to resolve the awkward tension. As always.

In fact, that seemed to be her job in our little trio. Jessica was comfortable in silence, so 'awkward silences' had no affect on her. I often times blanked out when thinking about things, so I would remain silent; so that would leave Tiffany, a hyper-active, always happy girl who loved to talk. Which meant that 'awkward silence' was very much in her vocabulary. It was a wonder how Sica and Fany became friends quickly.

"Well it's just some research we have to do," I replied, thankful once again that Fany hated silence. "What about you, Sica?" I asked, turning to her. Only to find her staring at me.

I had been increasingly aware of Sica randomly staring at me at times, with a sort of desperate, hopeless look in her eyes. I never could exactly locate what it was, and whenever I asked her, she said she was just thinking about her sister. I knew the topic of Krystal, Sica's sister, was a sensitive one, since she was currently fighting cancer, so I never pressed the topic.

However, just last year, Krystal had miraculously fought off the cancer and was recovering right now. But her stares had only increased in frequency within the past year. But still, whenever I asked, she just said she was concerned about he sister. Maybe she was concerned whether or not she would recovery safely, but still, I was suspicious. Of what, I wasn't sure.

Sica stopped her staring. "Uh, ... noooo?" she trailed off uncertainly. She placed an index finger on her lower lip; it was her way of thinking, which was adorable, in my opinion. Then, she answered more affirmatively. "No."

"Well, I was thinking about going eating at Little Italy tonight for dinner," Tiffany explained. "What about it?"

"Fancy," Sica commented lazily.

"Sure, that sounds great!" I said. "Can we invite Leeteuk and them?"

For a second, I thought I saw Tiffany's eyes darken. But after a split second, her eyes returned back to their happy mood. "Sure," she said, walking to her computer.

I wasn't seeing things incorrectly, was I? Did Tiffany dislike Leeteuk, for some reason?

In the end, I decided against inviting Leeteuk. Here Tiffany was, thinking about us, while I was just selfishly delving in my own thoughts about Leeteuk. Plus, I wouldn't want Sica to feel uncomfortable, with Fany ignoring Kyuhyun while Sica wishes it was her.

I smiled to myself and shook my head. That wouldn't actually happen; love triangles only exist in dramas.