Chapter 17: Rooming

Motivation

We walked home with full stomachs.

The pasta Taeyeon ordered was seriously HUGE, so Tiffany and I had to help her out. And a couple of other people we begged to finish for us. Well, not really beg; I mean, who in their right mind would turn down free food, right?

But the result of being so full was that Tiffany basically had to carry her home.

Seeing Taeyeon looking comfortable in Tiffany's arms suddenly gave me the urge to go to the gym. But God knows I'm too lazy for that. Why go to the gym when you can spend the time sleeping?

I looked over at Taeny again.

Yep, taking a trip to the gym tomorrow.

I huffed and looked away.

"What's wrong, Sica?"

I didn't reply; instead, I just huffed again and continued walking. "Sicaa, are you jeaalous?"

I felt my face turn a little pink. But I continued my streak of silence and increased my pace a little.

"Jessi, actually, can you hold her for a while? My arms are getting a bit sore," Tiffany said, voice clearly reflecting her acclaimed tired state.

I stopped, allowing time for Tiffany to catch up. As jealous as I was, I knew why Tiffany was the one carrying her: I wasn't as strong as her. But on the other hand, Taeyeon couldn't be too heavy, so I feel I shouldn't have much trouble. Plus, we were almost there.

She set Taeyeon down back on her feet.

"Aish," Tiffany said, rubbing her arms.

"Yah, are you calling me fat?" Taengoo pouted, leaning on Tiffany a bit since she still couldn't stand up on her own.

"What if I am?" Tiffany said, sticking her tongue out and immediately stepping away so Taeyeon's support vanished, causing her to flail from putting most of her weight on the right side of her body.

I automatically reached out and managed to grab hold of her arm, pulling her into my embrace.

Taeyeon made a sound of surprise as she landed in my arms. Realizing what I had just done, I bent down a little to grab her legs and sweep upwards, bringing a squealing Taeyeon to my chest.

"Omo, I'm so sorry Tae! I didn't realize--"

"Hmph. Meanie," Taeyeon said to Tiffany, snuggling closer to me. I felt my face get a little hotter.

"Thanks for carrying her, Jessi," Tiff thanked me, rubbing her arms a little before continuing to walk forward.

"Onward!" Taeyeon said, pointing at our dorm building in a Taeyeon-like dorky fashion. I giggled and starting walking, making sure Taeyeon was as comfortable in my arms as possible.

0*0*0*0

I actually managed to make it to the elevator before my arms gave out. Well, actually, I managed to set her down gently before jumping back up and rubbing my arms, whining.

"Aish, I get it already guys. I'm heavy," Taeyeon sighed a breath of defeat, leaning against the elevator walls.

"No, it's not that, I just--"

"Its ok Sica, I get it," she said, smiling sadly. However, after years of knowing Taeyeon, the perfect smile that tugged at my heart held a secret message.

"Hey, you just faked so you could be lazy, couldn't you?" Tiffany and I both said at the same time.

Taeyeon's eyes widened. "Wh-No ... why would I--" but her poker face was already breaking down.

"Taeyeon--" we were stopped by the ding! of the elevator.

"Oh look, our floor," Taeyeon said, sprinting out of the elevator in a fashion that didn't reflect how full she portrayed herself.

For such a small person, she runs fast, I thought to myself as I lazily stepped out of the elevator, following my rule that one should never run.

Tiffany, however, was already banging on the locked door. "Taeyeon! Get back here, Taeyeon!"

"No!" I heard her defiant voice on the other side of the door.

What's Tiffany going to do if she gets a hold of Taeyeon, anyways?

"What are you going to do if you get a hold of my anyways?"

Wait, did she just--

"I'll..." Tiffany trailed off. "Um..." she pondered, voice quieter now. "I'll..." then, her eyes brightened. She had an idea. And Tiffany-plans were always ... well, they were like Disney movies. 'Oh, that was such a good movie--wait, is that a' and then you find out that Disney artists are actually erts.

So moral of the story: don't follow Tiffany-plans. Which is exactly what I was thinking about when she asked me if I could help her with something in the cutest pout she could muster.

I, being Tiffany-aegyo proof from about 13 years of knowing her, shook my head.

"Aww, pleeeaaaassee?"

"Tiffany, your plans never--"

"This one will work though, I promise," she said with confidence.

I took a turn at the door. "Taengoo, can you please open the door?"

After a second or so of waiting, the door creaked open a crack, revealing a fraction of her face.

I smiled as brightly as I could, remembering her words of advice about how I should smile with my teeth.

Apparently, it worked. She rushed me in to close the door again, leaving Tiffany in the hall. "Yah, Tae! Jessi!" she whined, turning the already locked doorknow.

She put her finger to her lips and made a shushing noise. I giggled and nodded.

"If you open the door, I'll pay for tomorrow's lunch," she offered.

"And dinner," Taeyeon bargained.

"There's no way--"

"Then I guess you're not coming in," she said, stifling a giggle and stomping lightly, as to sound like she was walking away. I followed suit.

"Hey-ok fine, dinner too," Tiffany said reluctantly.

"Ok," Taeyeon sung happily, reaching for the door, I grabbed her wrist and put a finger to my lips. Getting the idea, she nodded.

"And midnight snacks," I added.

"Wh--"

"--for a week" I continued, smiling triumphantly.

"But--fine..." she said. I could imagine her sagging her shoulders in defeat, mentally calculating how much money she just bargained away just to be able to step into her own dorm room.

"But honestly, Tiff, it's not so bad, right? You know us, we usually never wake up in the middle of the night. Plus, we don't eat much," I said, trying to comfort her.

"...aand, alarm set." I gave Taeyeon a thumbs up.

But apparently, Tiffany heard this. "What did Taeyeon just say?"

"Oh nothing, she was just agreeing with me," I said innocently, opening the door. Thankfully, Taeyeon had already pocketed away her phone. "Welcome home, Fany," she greeted, grinning.

Tiffany just made a face at her before sitting down at the table and pulling out a folder.

After silently high-fiving (and looking away from each other innocently when Tiffany whipped her head back to see what we were up to), we joined her.

0*0*0*0

Because we constantly had to remember which bedroom we were supposed to take, we agreed that after today, we could decide who would share the double bed, and who would have the single.

I, of course, was silently hoping that Taeyon would decide she would choose me to room with. Of course, I couldn't pick her without coming up with a good reason first, because that would just seem too suspicious. And since it would be easy to overlook things, I decided that whether or not we would share a bedroom together lay in her hands.

Tonight, I was sleeping with Tiffany. Which is something I did not enjoy. At all.

First off, Tiffany was an early bird. And I ... well, I value my sleep. So whenever we would have sleepovers, Tiffany would always wake up bright and early (at 9:00. I mean come on, that early, Tiffany?), not to mention her wake up methods were ... unorthodox to say the least. Once, she sprayed water on my face to get me up. If anyone but Tiffany (or Taeyeon) did that, I would have probably beat that person up. You'd actually be surprised at how good I am at doing that; I took kickboxing lessons when I was little, as a precaution from my dad to protect myself and my sister. Now, not to brag or anything, but I'd say I was quite good at it.

Anyways, secondly, she has no idea what private space means. When she sleeps, she has to cuddle with something, or she can't sleep. The bigger, the better. And since she conveniently forgot to bring her Totoro doll, that would mean she would be clinging onto me when I sleep. Usually, I don't mind hugs (especially from Taeyeon ... anyways), but being hugged by Tiffany while sleeping is ... well, for a lack of better words, disturbing.

The thing is, she has a slight ADHD problem (not the kind we all associate ourselves with; she was literally diagnosed with minor ADHD), which apparently affected her even in her sleep. And that need for constant movement translated into her hands. And when someone was hugging you, while laying down ... yeah. She still doesn't believe my accuses of groping me whenever we sleep on the same bed.

And thirdly, Tiffany hogged the pillow. Well, it was probably due, mostly, to the fact that her hugging often times caused me to try and scoot away from her, which of course, caused her to close the gap until I reached the end of the pillow. Taeyeon didn't complain though; but being the byuntae she is, she probably didn't mind.

I wish I could-- I immediately cut off that thought. How could I think of doing such a thing to Taeyeon? I thought, face turning red nevertheless of what my mind was already imagining.

I felt the the bed behind me sink a little. Oh great, Tiffany decided to sleep early. I quickly shut my eyes, hoping I would fall asleep before she ... started anything.

Did I manage to do it? Well, I forgot to mention another thing. I usually fell asleep quickly, but Tiffany falls asleep almost instantly. So no, I didn't.

While I was trying to ignore her, a positive thought popped in my mind: I can use this as an excuse to sleep with Taeyeon, at least.

0*0*0*0

I woke up to Tiffany stirring. "Yah, Fany, get up. I'm hungry," I heard someone say.

As soon as I managed to comprehend what was just said, I grinned. Usually, I didn't like disrupting my sleep. But there were two exceptions to this rule: one, if it was Taeyeon. And two, if it was for the sake of pulling a prank on someone.

Ok, well it's not much of a prank, persay. Just ... taking advantage of her, let's say.

"TaeTae?" I heard Tiffany say grogily. Strange. I thought she usually got up really fast.

"Yeah. About that promise we made ... I'm suddenly craving something to eat. Could you buy me something?"

Tiffany finally let go of me and rolled off the bed. "Sure, TaeTae," she said.

I got up after her. "Oh, can I come with?" I said, trying to hide my sleepiness.

Then, Tiffany realized what was going on. "Yah--"

I put a finger to her lips. "You promised," I reminded her, grinning.

"You--I--fine. This better not go on for this whole week," she said, turning and walking towards the door. But I had seen Taeyeon's alarm: and it said otherwise. We silently high fived again (and looked away from each other innocently again when she heard it and turned around).

0*0*0*0

The next day, since none of us had class until after 12:00, we gathered up around the table. I actually managed to squeeze in another hour of sleep (but still woke up at 10:00. Sometimes, I wonder why Tiffany is my best friend), probably because of our midnight trip.

"Tae, I want to ask you something first."

"Sure!"

"Be honest here. Were you watching Jessi and I before waking me up?"

I saw her face turn a little red. "Wh-No ... Why would I do that?"

She grinned. "Ok, just making sure,"

"Yah, I seriously didn't--"

"Anyways," Tiffany interrupted her. "About rooming. I, personally, am fine with anything."

I played around with the idea of asking Taeyeon to room with me. I've been thinking about this ever since I woke up, too. I had thought of at least four different ways to bring it up, but now that I was on the spot, I didn't have the courage to.

"Actually, I was thinking, if no one else minded, that I room alone. I--"

"Its because you want more chances to see Jessi and I sleep, right?"

"No--"

"Oh, then maybe because you're watching ?"

"Wha--!"

"Its ok TaeTae, we all know you aren't innocent."

Her face was beet-red at this point. Which seriously made me wonder if she actually watched or not. I sorta doubt it, but then again; why would she be so red? "It's because ... um, as guys know, I'm an author to a story, and usually I will stay up extra late to update it, and I wouldn't want to bother you guys if you were already sleeping by keeping the lights on."

I knew she was making an excuse; even though the reason was something extremely characteristic of her, I could see by her looking at the table rather than us that she had another reason. And I hoped to God it wasn't Tiffany's excuse.

"Are you really sure that's your reason, TaeTae?" I heard the humor in Tiffany's voice. I sighed; there went my last resort. Tiffany agreed.

"Yeah!" she whined, giving us an adorable pout.

Tiffany flashed her eyesmile and laughed, reaching over to her and patting her head. "Its ok TaeTae, I was only teasing you. Of course we'll allow you to room by yourself. Wait, right Jessi?"

"Of course. Maybe we'll even catch her watching --"

"Yah! I don't watch p-p-..that, ok?" she whined, her face turning red nevertheless.

Tiffany and I laughed, but inside, I was thinking I'll never have the chance to sleep with Taengoo again...