Chapter 12: TaeTeuk ...?

Motivation

I would never get used to it, the feeling of Taengoo’s soft, warm hand on mine.

Well, it wasn’t so much the feeling of her soft hands, and believe me, her skin was … well, it made you want to hug her and never let go. And it wasn’t just because I liked her … well, maybe it was. But anyways, what I would never get used to was the fact that she could hold my hand so innocently, forever unaware of how much I enjoyed her touch.

But instead of telling her, I wordlessly followed her as she tugged me through a few hallways and buildings.

I knew where the building was, it was just … as I said before, I was enjoying her touch way too much. Plus, I wasn’t the most eager person to pull my hand out of her’s; I mean, friends hold hands, right?

I would know, I guess, since Tiff and I shared lots of skinship in elementary school.

A voice snapped me out of my thoughts. “Hey Jessica! Hey Taeyeon!”

As Tae ducked behind me, I looked forward to the source of the voice.

And of course, as my luck would have it, there sat Leeteuk and his friend from yesterday.

I sighed and remembered what Tiff said from earlier today; be nice to him for Taengoo’s sake. I didn’t want to cause Taengoo to be upset with me because I treat him so poorly, so I gave him a small smile and waved.

He grinned and waved back. I heard a small sound behind me, followed by a small hand grab a small amount of the back of my shirt.

Her cute reaction drew a smile out of me. “Come on, Tae. At least wave,” I told her, looking over my shoulder a bit to look at her, who was staring intensely at my back.

She nodded and cautiously sidestepped me. “Hey Leeteuk!” I looked back at him, who was grinning widely. Taeyeon immediately jumped behind me again.

“She’s a shy one, isn’t she?” he said, suppressing a laugh.

Just as I was about to answer, Taeyeon grabbed my hand again and pulled me away from them, sitting me down in a chair before sitting down herself and leaning towards me. “I didn’t put on makeup after we woke back up. Do I look OK?” she whispered to me fearfully.

I looked at her. She didn’t put makeup on? Well I, for one, couldn’t tell the difference. “You look absolutely beautiful,” I said without thinking. The second I said that, I covered my mouth with my hand and looked away from her, face turning beet red. Why did I just say that?

“Really?”

Of course! I wanted to say. You’re always beautiful! But I managed to restrain myself this time. “You look perfectly fine,” I replied, carefully choosing my words.

She breathed a sigh of relief. “Ok, good. Thanks Sica.”

I nodded in response, not willing to show my red face.

“What was that about?” I heard Leeteuk’s voice behind me.

“What?” she jumped at the sudden sound of Leeteuk’s voice. “Uh … I had to … consult Sica about something,” she replied shyly.

“Mind if I sit here?”

After finally being able to calm down, I looked back to see him pointing to the seat behind me. I shrugged. “It’s a free country,” I replied, looking back at Tae, who was braiding her hair. She was still concerned about her looks, how cute~

“Hey, Jessica right?” I heard someone whisper behind me. I looked away from Tae and to the seat behind her. It was that familiar looking person.

“Yeah…”

He flinched a little. “What did I do?”

Then I remembered to not use my cold tone with him; after all, he was a potential boyfriend for Tiff. “Uh, nothing. Yeah, I’m Jessica,” I told him, smiling a little to make up for the fact that I probably scared him.

He let out a small sigh of relief. “Scared me there for a second,” he said, laughing a little. I smiled apologetically.

“Sorry about that.”

“It’s alright. But you’re a friend of Tiffany, right?” I nodded. “So I was wondering if you could help me with—“

“Ok class, settle down,” a young looking female teacher told us, walking in with a big notebook.

“She’s pretty,” Tae whispered to me. And I could see that from the class’s reaction. Guys we’re exactly drooling, but you could see them sit up straighter than usual, eyes trained on her. “Is she as beautiful as me?”

“Yah!”

Taengoo laughed heartily before looking forward, telling me to do so as well.

0*0*0*0

“So as I was saying, can you help me with Tiffany?”

“Sure,” And really, I was eager. And for a pretty selfish reason, too; this would mean that, if he and Tiffany got together, I would have more alone time with Taengoo.

And as bad as I felt for being selfish. But then reminded myself the real reason was to help him get to know Tiff more.

“Sica! Let’s go back to our dorm!” Taengoo said, pulling my arm away from him. I still didn’t know his name; that was slightly embarrassing.

“Later?” he shouted to me. I shrugged and followed Tae.

“Why the rush?”

She turned a little red. “Well, because … I miss Fany?”

My heart clenched in jealousy, but I smiled anyways. “It’s because of Leeteuk, isn’t it? You aren’t comfortable around him?”

“N-No … why would I be uncomfortable around him?” she murmured, dragging me faster.

“Because you love him—” I was interrupted by a red-faced Taengoo hitting me on the arm. I smiled; her blushing face was so cute! If only I was able to cause that …

“Stop teasing me!” she whined. I stuck my tongue out at her.

“You know it’s true,” I said in a mocking, sing-song voice. Even though I wished it wasn’t, I added, in my head.

“Fine. You can think whatever you want,” she told me, followed by a humph! sound. Her childishness was so cute!

“Ok then. So I guess you wouldn’t mind if I told Lee—” my mouth was immediately covered by Taengoo’s hand. Shocked, I turned red at the sudden feeling of her addictively soft hands on my mouth.

“No, please don’t,” she pleaded me with big eyes, her eyes seeming to also be screaming don’t do it!

“Uh … ok …” I said slowly, voice slightly muted, dumbfounded by the combined factors of her hand on my mouth and her big eyes.

She let out a breath of air and retracted her hand. “Thanks Sica.”

After recovering from my redness, I piped up. “Told you so,”

“What?”

“Well, if you didn’t love him, you wouldn’t have cared if I told him. But since you did…”

“B-But … I … uh, he — well, I didn’t want him to have false info.”

“Aww, you care about him!”

“It’s not like that!” she complained in an absolutely adorable voice as we entered our residential building.

I just nodded, still wearing my fake smile, hiding the fact that I wish I wasn’t even teasing her about liking someone else.

“Why can’t I like someone as good looking as Leeteuk, anyways?” my ears strained to pick up her voice whisper it as she pressed the button.

My heart sank. So she actually did like him. Not that I didn’t know already.

I guess I was sort of hoping that I was wrong somehow. The fact that she didn’t admit she liked Leeteuk gave me a ray of sunshine, right from the sun of hope, that maybe, maybe, I had a chance with her.

But now it was confirmed, I didn’t even bother about it. But kept my façade of happiness. I didn’t want her to worry about anything when I could prevent it.

As the elevator doors opened, I saw a familiar black-haired girl outside our room. “Seohyun?”

She turned around. “Oh, hi Taeyeon and Jeshika unnie!” she smiled at us. “I’m trying to get in, except Tiffany unnie isn’t responding. I think she’s sleeping …”

“Hyunnie! I’m in the bathroom right now! Wait a second!” I heard Tiff’s muffled voice from the other side of the door. I suppressed a laugh.

Tae, also holding a hand over , took the key out of her pocket and unlocked the door, swinging it inwards.

“Ok, coming!” I heard Tiff say as I heard footsteps. Not before long, I saw her running towards us. But when she saw us, she stopped. “…Oh. Hey, Jessi; hey Tae,” she said awkwardly, face slightly red. Why did she say it so shamelessly when she thought it was only Seohyun, then?

“H-Hey Fany,” Tae stuttered out, barely holding back laughter.

“So you guys are done with class?”

“Actually, we ditched, Tiff.” I heard Seohyun gasp. Did she honestly believe me?

Tiff grinned. “You naughty girl.”

“I know right,” I replied, grinning back.

“Wait, Jeshika unnie. You guys ditched class? Then how can you be so calm about it, Tiffany unnie? I mean—”

Tae patted her head. “You have a lot to learn, maknae. They were kidding.”

She froze. “Ooohh…”

Tiffany giggled. “You’re so cute, Hyunnie.”

“You still need English lessons, huh Seohyunnie?” She hung her head with shame, which caused Taengoo to laugh. “I’m just kidding, maknae.”

“That’s not nice, unnie,” Seohyun pouted.

“Seohyun!” I heard a voice shout behind me. We all turned around to look at him; I’ve never seen him before. But he also looked Korean.

What was all these Koreans?

“Y-Yonghwa oppa!” I heard Seohyun stutter.

I looked sideways to see her face turn slightly pink.

Well, this was interesting.

 

Sorry if this chapter was sorta plain … I didn’t know what to write though D:

I promise the next chapter will be more interesting and planned out … heh heh …

But I haven’t written the update in a long time. It’s just that I felt I should write the next chapter. But for some reason, chapter 11 wasn’t added. Or it was, but then deleted somehow …

Anyways, tell me if this chapter was any good or not ^^

Hope you enjoyed!