Chapter 11: Seohyun

Motivation

I pulled my hand back for the umpteenth time.

“I’m sorry, Kyuhyun, but I already told you I don’t like you that way,” I said with a small smile. His persistence was really getting to me, but I had no reason to be mean to him. I mean, if I were more confident, I would probably do the same to Tae.

And on top of that, I get the feeling he would be nice if he wasn’t annoying me. And quite good looking. In fact, if I didn’t like Tae, I would maybe go out with him. Or Jessi.

“All the more reason to convince you,” he told me, putting an arm around my shoulders.

I sighed and shrugged off his arm. “We’re here,” I told him, comparing the room number to the one on my schedule. Once I verified it was the correct room, I walked in.

Another huge lecture room. I sighed. At least I could lose him easily in here.

Right after that thought popped into my mind, I noticed a huge group of students crowding around the teacher’s desk.Perfect, I thought, heading into the crowd.

I walked around in the crowd in hopes of losing him, and right when I saw him come in, I walked out to find a seat.

I noticed a black, long-haired, incredibly pretty and pure looking Asian. She seemed lonely, reading her book all by herself, so I sat down next to her. “Hey, what are you reading?”

She looked up from her book at me. “Oh, just the book the teacher recommended us to read for this class,” she told me in a slight Asian accent.

Oh right. “Heh heh. I sorta forgot about that,” I said, rubbing the back of my neck and smiling a little.

She smiled. “It’s ok unnie. There’s probably a lot of people who didn’t read this book.”

I became alerted at the word ‘unnie’. “Oh, you’re Korean?” She nodded. “Same! I’m Tiffany,” I introduced myself, extending an open hand.

“I’m Seohyun,” she told me, taking my hand and shaking it.

“How do you know I’m your unnie though?”

“Oh, I skipped a grade.”

“Waah, really? Your so smart!” Seohyun blushed. “No wonder you look so young,” I told her, making her blush deepen. “But you looked lonely up here. I have 2 Korean friends, so you can hang out with us if you want,” I told her.

She smiled. “I’d love that! Thanks, Tiffany unnie!”

I laughed at her politeness. “No need to call me unnie,” I said brightly.

My mood was short lived, as I felt someone brush my arm. “Finally found you, Tiff. You’re quite the slippery one, aren’t you?”

“Don’t call me Tiff,” I said. Then I leaned in to whisper to Seohyun. “There also are Korean boys here, if you are interested,” I told her. She flushed again. “I know one.” Then I thought of Leeteuk. I internally frowned. “Two, actually.”

“Unnie! I—”

I laughed. “I’m just kidding with you, Seohyun-ah.”

Then, the students shuffled away from the teacher’s desk, the teacher signaling the start of class.

0*0*0*0

“That teacher was very interesting, wasn’t he?” I asked Seohyun in Korean as I stood up.

“Deh!” She replied brightly, also standing up.

As I was exiting the lecture hall, Kyuhyun stopped in front of me. “Next class?”

“You’ll find out if we are in the same next class if you see me,” I told him, meh-roing him.

He smiled. “Fair enough,” he walked away. “Tease,” I  barely heard him say.

“Hey! I heard that!” I yelled at him with a raised fist and began chasing him, a laughing Seohyun following me.

I stopped once we reached outside. “Sorry about that,” I apologized to her.

“It’s ok. You guys are cute together,” she told me, smiling brightly, despite her panting.

“WHAT? No no no, I don’t like him,” I told her, waving my arms frantically.

“Oh really? Sorry,” she said, although she didn’t seem convinced.

“I already like someone,” I said to clear up any misunderstandings.

She nodded. Glad that was out of the way, I grabbed her hand and guided her to our room.

0*0*0*0

“Jessi! Tae! I’m home!” I yelled, finally turning the key the correct way and opening the door.

We walked in and took off our shoes before heading in. We walked to the double bedroom. “Jessi? Tae?” I looked in the room to see them curled up with each other, sleeping peacefully.

I immediately burned with jealously. Why couldn’t MY classes be as aligned with Tae’s as Jessi’s was?

“Aww, so cute!” Seohyun cooed.

As jealous as I was, I couldn’t get mad at her. She didn’t know my situation, and she was the type of person you couldn’t get mad at.

I forced a smile at her before entering. “Yah! You two lovebirds!” I yelled, bouncing on the bed. Deep in my heart, my heartstrings tugged at the thought of Tae and Jessi being in love. I shook the thought aside though. “Taengsic! Wake up!” Within our trio, we created couple names; Taengsic was Taeyeon and Jessica, Jeti was Jessica and I, and my favorite, Taeny, was Taeyeon and I.

They stirred a little, Jessi waving an arm at me and Tae turning her head to face me. I immediately stopped to admire her amazing beautiful face, stretching into an incredibly cute yawn.

“Oh, you’re back, Fany,” she said sleepily, smiling that smile that caused my heart to jump out of my chest every time.

I felt my cheeks turn slightly warm. “We have a guest.”

She nodded and shook Jessi awake. After a few minutes, Jessi finally sat up reluctantly, her hair a mess, her eyes drooping slightly. “Did you already make a new friend, Tiff?” She asked when she noticed Seohyun.

“Annyounghasehyo, Seohyun imnida,” she said, bowing. Then, she snapped back up. “I mean, hello, I’m Seohyun,” she said in English, turning a little red.

We all laughed. “It’s ok Seohyun-ah. We all know Korean,” Taeyeon said. “I also came from Korea.”

After that, Taeyeon and Seohyun started talking in Korean too fast for me to understand. I looked at Jessi, but she already laid back down on the bed.

I walked to her and sat on her. “Ow! Tiff, get off!”

I grinned and got off. “No more sleeping,” I told her.

She groaned and sat back up. We attempted to listen to their conversation, but the only words we picked up were ‘pretty’, ‘close friends’, our names, and a bunch of other random words.

“So what are you guys talking about?” Jessica suddenly asked them in Korean when they stopped talking for a brief second.

Seohyun stopped to look at her, hand covering , eyes giving away her laugh. “What?” Jessi asked, also catching Seohyun’s laugh.

“You’re American accent, Sica,” Tae said, laughing.

She turned red. “So? I’m American,”

Tae shook her head. “It’s ok Sica,” she said, reaching out and rubbing Jessi’s back. I felt another wave of jealousy, but ignored it. Instead, I heard a low grumble.

I saw everyone turn their heads to me. Oh wait. Was that me? I thought, embarrassed. Well, I am hungry… “Sorry, I’m just a little hungry. Heh heh…” I smiled sheepishly.

They all broke out in laughter. “It’s ok Fany-ah. It’s lunch time anyway, lets eat!”

0*0*0*0

We took the opportunity of time to share as many embarrassing stories of each other. The end result was Tae, Jessi and I each covering each other’s mouths, Seohyun laughing cheerfully.

Eventually, we all agreed on a truce; we would all stop the stories. Although I heard Tae whispering to Seohyun, causing her to stifle a laugh. “TaeTae! No more—”

“Don’t worry Fany, I wasn’t talking about the stories.”

“Then what were you talking about?”

Tae glanced at her watch. “Oh look at the time! We better get to class, Sica!” She hurriedly pulled her hand and lead her out. I internally groaned again at my bad luck.

“Oh, well I better get to class too. Bye Tiffany unnie!” She said, getting up.

I smiled and waved at her. “Bye!” I watched her leave before leaving myself, heading to our room, wondering why Fate was trying so hard to separate Tae and I.

Well, it wouldn’t work, I decided. I’ll beat you, Fate. You just wait and see.

 

EDIT: I thought I uploaded this chapter earlier ... but apparently, I didn't ...

GOOD NEWS! I'M WORKING ON CHAPTER 12! :DD

Sorry this chapter was sorta short … but I didn’t really know how to make it longer.

But more bad news :/

I decided that this year, since my grades weren’t the best last year, that I would try extra hard to get straight A’s. Which means I won’t be spending much time updating.

But that’s only during school, right? And school for me hasn’t started yet.

But I also have to actually start my summer homework (heh heh…) and practice violin, because the group I’m in is actually really good. Not to brag, but our school’s music program has won several Grammys. And I got into the top orchestra. Soo yeah. And I have driving school. And Kung Fu class on the weekends.

On top of that, I’m considering revising my first story (and maybe this one, because I don’t edit/revise any of my chapters o.o. Bad habit, I know D:)

I WILL, however, update at least once a week.

But anyways, thanks for reading!