Chapter 6: Conflict

Motivation
Warning: even though I promised no byun-ness, there will be a bed-scene ish type of thing (not really bed scene ... as one of my friends said, a 'sleeping scene')
 
It's not bad at all, but I'll still warn you when to skip it. You won't be missing much, anyways; it'll just be Tiffany freaking out that she's sleeping next to Taeyeon, and Taeyeon cuddling with Tiffany.
 
 
 
 
 
Taeyeon was sitting on the bed, staring intensely at a sheet of paper. I started to blush; she was so cute when she was serious!
 
I stood there, unintentionally admiring her.
 
Suddenly, Taeyeon turned her head towards me. I turned my head quickly, face turning even further red. "Fany-ah, do you need something?"
 
"N-No …" a brief moment of silence ensued. "Well, I'm a bit curious of what you're looking at," I said, smiling, hoping that that excuse would cover up my staring.
 
"Oh! It's just some stuffs about school rules!" I giggled at her incorrect grammar. Even though Taeyeon has been in America since 6th grade, she occasionally had a slip-up of her grammar. And every time she did it, it was cute.
 
She titled her head adorably. "What?" I tried to hide my giggling, but it just ended up in me sporadically gasping for air.
 
"Nothing," I breathed out.
 
Then, suddenly, Taeyeon grinned. "I know," she declared proudly. My eyes widened for a second as Taeyeon proudly showed her fist to the ceiling. Thank god for her dorkiness; if she had looked, she would've saw my reaction. "it was because of my grammar again, right?"
 
I internally sighed a breath of relief. So she hadn't noticed my blushing. "You shouldn't tease me like that," she frowned in fake-sadness.
 
I giggled again. "I'm sorry. Do you want a hug?"
 
Taeyeon kicked around in her chair childishly (in a cute way, of course), "Yes!" she said, holding her arms out darkly.
 
I smiled and took her out of the chair, spinning her in the air once before hugging her.
 
"Yah!" Taeyeon shouted as she hit my shoulder. "You know I don't like it when you do that!"
 
I smiled at her. "Well, guess why I do it then?"
 
She frowned again. "You're mean, Fany," she determined, pushing herself out of my arms. "I'm going to bed now," she said, heading towards the bed.
 
Internally, I was ripping myself to shreds for having been the cause of Taeyeon to do that, even though I knew she was joking. And despite the fact that I was joking, my heart still clenched as I watched her crawl into the bed and curl up with the blanket. 
 
I joined her in the bed and encircled my arms around her petite waist before pulling her close to me. I shook off any negative feelings, knowing that Taeyeon wasn't actually calling me 'mean'. "You know you love me," I whispered into her ear.
 
My heart pounded, probably audibly, as I awaited her response. Determined to make her respond, I started to move my hand across her clothed stomach, which caused the silence to be broken by giggles. "S-Stop it … Fany-ah," she gasped in between breaths.
 
"Tell me you love me, and you forgive me then," I childishly demanded.
 
"I-I love you," she said, out of breath from laughing. My heart started pounding twice as fast, but I ignored it. "--a-and, I forgive you."
 
I released her, causing her to sigh in relief. The brief moment of silence was broken by her yawn.
 
"Do you want to sleep now?" I asked her, reaching for the light.
 
"Yeah," she responded, turning around to me and smiling. I flicked the light off before she could see that I was blushing again.
 
 
 
**Ok, now if you wanna skip the 'sleeping scene', stop reading from here! Just scroll down until you see the 0-0-0-0 But honestly, its not even bad soo**
 
 
 
My heart started pounding. I was actually sleeping next to Taeyeon … 
 
I could feel the proximity … her skin's heat tickled my own, her soft breaths breaking the silence of night. Her face was a few inches away from mine, but that was enough to send my heart into twice its original tempo. Even in the dark of night, I could make out her beautiful features.
 
I yearned to stretch my arms out in those few inches that separated us, but at the same time, i didn't dare to. The last thing I wanted to do is lose Taeyeon's trust, which could potentially meant that I would never sleep next to her again.
 
My eyes finally adjusted to the dark, with the moon peeking through the window sill cracks. I stared at her face, hoping she wouldn't wake up.
 
Suddenly, she frowned. I froze in surprise; she wasn't awake, wasn't she? Then, she spoke, "Hi, I'm Taeyeon," she greeted in Korean. I giggled; she had always loved Girls' Generation, and sometimes pretended she was the leader of the girl group, Kim Taeyeon. I had almost reached over and pinched her cheeks, but stopped myself with my hand millimeters above her face.
 
I shouldn't wake her up I reminded myself. As my hand hovered above her face, I noticed how the silky moonlight hit her face, revealing her baby-soft skin.
 
"Tiffany!" Taeyeon suddenly yelled, causing me to pull my hand back to quick I accidentally smacked myself in the face.
 
"Owh…" I whined, rubbing the place in between my nose and my right cheek.
 
But before I had a chance to relieve the pain anymore, I felt my arms suddenly being forced onto my sides. Then, I felt a warm pair of hands touch my back, followed by a force slowly pulling me towards Taeyeon.
 
I felt my face heat up as I realized I was being hugged by Taeyeon in her sleep. She dug her face into the crook between my neck and shoulder, causing me to turn even more red. "Why did you ignore me?" she whined. I would never ignore you, even if it meant everyone else was, I thought to myself.
 
Then, I felt her arms relax, followed by some shifting in an attempt to become more comfortable; however, while she was doing this, I sealed my mouth shut, hoping I wouldn't wake her up. Finally, she settled down with her legs intertwined with mine, her hands gently gripping my back,  and her face on my chest.
 
She was even being a ByunTae in her sleep I noticed, wanting to move so badly because I knew I would never to able to sleep like this, but forcing myself not to so Taeyeon could sleep peacefully.
 
In the end, I decided to remain in this position. I took a few breaths to calm myself down, but as I thought, nothing worked. After what seemed like hours, I had tried at least a million things: deep breaths, counting sheep, trying to get comfortable, but nothing worked. Especially not when Taeyeon  decided to push her face further down.
 
I held my breath, determined not to make a sound. After a few deafening moments of silence, my breaths slowed down slightly as I took control back from my body. This was going to be a long night.
 
0*0*0*0
 
I woke up after something moving against my body, but I ignored it. After a minute, something shook my body again. I attempted to reach out my arms and swat it away, but my arm was pinned down by something. "Let me sleep some more …" I whined.
 
Then, I heard a musical giggle. Taeyeon. Remembering the events from yesterday, I started, getting up from the bed quickly, with my eyes still closed, only to feel something warm on my mouth. What was this? Whatever it was, it felt nice. Enjoying the warm feeling, I kept up my semi-sitting position before hearing a slight gasp.
 
Then a thought occured. Was I...?! My eyes jumped open as my suspicions were confirmed; Taeyeon was sitting on my legs, eyes wide open in surprise.
 
"I-I'm so sorry … I didn't m-mean to…" Taeyeon apologized as I turned my head away to hide my furious blush. I savored the memory of Taeyeon's lips, knowing that it would probably the last time I would get to kiss her.
 
"I-It's a-a-alright," I said, stuttering furiously. I felt the pressure of Taeyeon's body off my legs, allowing me to stuff my face into the pillow. Her lips … where so soft and warm … and tasted so good for some reason … my blush intensified just thinking about the recent incident.
 
Combined with the memories of last night, I didn't think my blush would ever go away. I would die of over-exerting my body, making it produce so much heat that my internal organs would give out and shut down.
 
I heard the shower head come on, which didn't help my wild imagination. That's it. I need a distraction.
 
But the only thing I could come up with was waking Jessica up, and God knows how much Jessica hates being woken up.
 
No other choice, though I reasoned with myself as I trudged towards Jessica's room. While passing by the shower, a faint, but beautiful sound passed my ears. It must be Taeyeon singing the the shower again I told myself as I smiled and pressed my ear against the door, eager to hear her sing.
 
But thinking about her singing in the shower caused my mind to flash back to the scene that happened a few minutes ago. I jumped back into the kitchen, face red, and shook my head. No. The reason I was heading this direction was to wake Jessi up. I nodded in satisfaction. Then … Oh wait. What time is it? I glanced at the clock that hung above the kitchen sink.
 
8:14, it read. I bit my lip. This was not good. Well, anything to distract me from this morning. I felt my face flare up again.
 
I walked up to Jessi's bedroom door and lightly opened it. I peeked in to see if she was awake yet, which wasn't that smart because there would be no way Jessi would wake up earlier than 11:00 if she didn't have to.
 
After seeing a lump in the blanket, leading up to a light-brown haired head (not sure if I made her blonde earlier in the story O.O … if I did, lets just pretend … it was a hair coloring, which got washed out?), I walked in stealthily.
 
As I walked closer to her, I noticed her move. I froze, not wanting to be the victim of Jessi' morning mood. But luckily, she just smiled and mumbled something.
 
I sighed a breath of relief and continued tip-toeing.
 
She looked so peaceful, one arm above her head and another in front of her, body slightly curled up with the blanket, lightly breathing in and out, her hair gently cascading down her face, hugging her pinch-able cheeks (let's suspend belief here, and pretend that Jessica has pinch-able cheeks :p). In fact, TaeTae and I would always make fun of her for this, saying that she didn't have fat anywhere except on her cheeks. This always caused her to puff out her cheeks in annoyance, which would lead to more … well, laughter. Except on Jessi' part, I guess.
 
And right now, I just felt like pinching them. I don't know why; maybe it was because I thought it'd be funny to wake her up like that. But I decided I wasn't that mean and sat down on the side of the bed, admiring Jessi's beauty.
 
Well, she wasn't as beautiful as Taeyeon, but since I had liked her for a period of time, I still couldn't shake off my awe of her good looks.
 
 
 
~flashback~  ... Tiffany's 4th birthday party ...
 
I was running in my yard, enjoying the autumn breeze when I saw a white van pull up into my driveway. I decided to ignore it and stopped running, enjoying the cool breeze that blew against my face. All the while, I was wondering who the guests where; but for some reason, I didn't want to look. It was probably more of mommy or daddy's grown up friends.
 
However, I let curiosity take over as I turned in the direction of the van. There were 2 adults … standing next to a little girl, about my age, with light brown hair! She had begun to walk towards me already, but I excitedly ran up to her, watching as she stopped walking with a surprised look on her face.
 
When I reached her, I greeted her, "Hi, I'm Tiffany Hwang. What's your name?" I followed it up with my signature eye smile. I noticed she wasn't responding, and just staring at me.
 
"H-Hi. I'm Jessica Jung," she said shyly. I laughed.
 
"Hi Jessica!" Now that I was up close to her, I realized how pretty she looked. She looked like a younger version of one of those pretty actors on TV that mommy and daddy always watched. "You're funny," I told her, remembering her stare and stutter. "And pretty," I added, unconsciously speaking my mind. But before I could cover my mouth, I saw her cheeks become a little red. twitched into a smile.
 
Just as she looked like she wanted to say something, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into my yard. "Come on, let's play!"
 
 
 
~timelapse, 3rd grade~ 
 
 
I was on my patio, sitting next to the pool, happily enjoying my day when I heard a familiar voice: "Tiff!"
 
I quickly got up to see Jessi running towards me, waving a piece of paper. "Which teacher did you get?"
 
"Oh my god, Jessi; did you run all the way here?"
 
She got on her knees to catch her breath a little. My heart melted a little at the fact that she would run all the way to my house to find out which teacher I got. "Mrs. Kim," I told her. She broke out into a grin.
 
"So did I!" She squealed. I joined her, breaking out into a smile as well.
 
"Oh my god! Really? That's so awesome!" I said.
 
"And Donghae-oppa is also in our class!" My smile broke for a second. She went to Donghae's house first? And he was in our class? I knew there was no competition between me and Donghae for Jessi. But I kept my sadness to myself, trying to be happy for Jessi's sake.
 
"Really?! This year is going to be so fun!" I told her.
 
She hugged me. "I know!" I felt my face heat up. Why was she hugging me? Well whatever the reason, I was enjoying it.
 
~end flashback~ 
 
 
 
Of course, that was all before Taeyeon. When Taeyeon came, I had already verified that I liked girls, although it was hard for me to accept this because it went against my Christian beliefs.
 
"Tiff--" Jessi mumbled. Startled at the sudden noise, I jumped. The sound of the shower was still present, and Jessi had went back to breathing softly. I smiled and went under the covers with her and waited.
 
I watched as she slowly opened her eyes, seeing me, and closing them again. Then, her eyes suddenly were flung open as she jumped out of bed. "Tiff! What the--"
 
I smiled at her. "Time to get up, sleeping beauty."
 
Jessi nodded, rubbing her eyes. "What time is it?" She asked, trying to get back in bed. However, I scooted to the edge of the bed, blocking her.
 
"Around 8:30?" I said innocently.
 
However, contrary to what I had thought her reaction would be, she just shrugged, picked up some clothes, and went to the shower. What was that about? After a few seconds of me trying to figure out why Jessi wasn't killing me right now, I jumped, remembering that Tae was still in the shower.
 
Then, I heard a scream, followed by a thud. I rushed out of Jessi's room to find a flushed Jessica and Taeyeon, who was hurriedly wrapping a towel around herself again. I only raised an eye before quickly deducing what had happened. "You're not hurt, are you?" I asked to a wincing Jessi and Tae.
 
"Owh, my …" both of them complained. I giggled.
 
"Come on, guys, get up …" I said offering hands to both of them. Bad idea; with a hint of evil in both of their eyes, they gripped my hand tightly and pulled me down onto the floor.
 
I shrieked as the floor harshly met my bottom. "Ow! What was that for?"
 
"For laughing at us," they declared in unison. I sighed.
 
"You guys are so immature," they both smiled at me innocently. I couldn't help but break into a smile of my own at their cuteness.
 
"Hey, Jessica! You in there?" A deep voice broke the moment, followed by gentle knocks.
 
Taeyeon grinned. "Hey, Sica. It's your boyfriend."
 
Jessi humph'd. "He's not my boyfriend. He's just annoying," she told her. Then, she smiled. "Of course, I don't mean any offense to YOUR future boyfriend."
 
Taeyeon turned red. Aww, how cute! "Hey! I don't like him!"
 
"Jessica! Are you in there? Can we please talk?" The same voice called out.
 
"I'll get it," I told them. I started to get up, only to have Jessi pull me back down.
 
"No. I have a plan," she said with a wide grin. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Taeyeon gulp. Internally, I gulped too.
 
 
 
Again, sorry for the late update ... I had a huge project in Comp. Science, and Finals are coming up this week, so I barely had time to write the new chapter ... heh heh ^^"
 
So I tried to make this chapter extra-long, but I sorta ran out of things to write about ... hehheh ...
 
But anyways, I hope you liked this update!