Two

"See You Again!"

Chapter 2:

VOLUNTEER FORCED

 

I closed my eyes shut, preparing for the worst but when I heard laughter come out of his mom's mouth, I just nervously joined along and apologized. “Sorry…”

I shook his hand and bowed. “Annyeonghaseyo, Choi Ari imnida. It’s nice to meet you.” I put on my best smile, hoping he would at least say his name again.

“It’s nice to meet you too. And Ari-ssi, it’s Byun Baekhyun not Bacon.” He corrected with a smile as I blushed, looking away.

My dad laughed. “Well, they seem to get along well. Why don’t you two hang out for now?” My eyes widened.

No, dad! Don’t leave me with him!

“Sounds like a great idea. Baekhyun-ah, we’ll leave you with her for a while.” Jihoo-ssi declared and literally pushed his son over to me. Baekhyun-ssi stumbled a bit, surprised at his father’s actions.

“Take care you two!” My dad grabbed my mom and pulled her away.

I mentally face palmed as I was left with him. I watched our parents walk away and disappear around the corner.  Without turning my face over to Mr. Cold Glare, I spoke. “So… what’s up with your life?” I asked but received no reply. I turned my head and to my annoyance, he wasn’t there beside me anymore.

This guy… what a jerk. Making me look like I’m talking to myself… you’ll pay Byun Baekhyun.

I sighed in frustration and groaned, looking for the guy. I roamed all over the chapel like a lost child while looking for him, receiving stares from the guests. I ignored it but my annoyance for that guy slowly increased bit by bit until I finally found him in the garden.

“Yah!” I shouted and he turned his head to look at me. When he saw it was me, he shrugged and looked away. “You! Bacon!” This time I did it on purpose to catch his attention and it worked. I marched up to him and sighed.

“I told you it’s Baekhyun not Bacon.” He said emotionlessly and rolled his eyes.

I scoffed. “I know I said it on purpose to catch your attention.”

“Why would you need my attention?”

“Why did you disappear all of a sudden? Did you know I looked like a lost child looking for her parents?”

“Do I look like I care?” He played with the flowers and looked at me with his brows raised.

The nerve of this guy…

“I care. I didn’t even ask if you care or not.” I crossed my arms and looked at him. “Jerk.” I mumbled loud enough so he could hear it. I closed my eyes and rubbed my temples.

Excuse me?” I felt him grab my shoulders and push me over to the brick wall. I twitched, feeling my back collide with the wall. The guy cornered me, his face inches to mine. “What did you say, kiddo?”

I snorted and pushed him away but what I did only made it worse. He cornered me again and this time, his face was much, much closer to mine.  “Say it again, Choi Ari.” He hissed my name and looked at me straight in the eye.

I looked back at him and little did I know blood came rushing up to my cheeks, turning it completely red.

This guy… actually looks good.

I shook my head away from that thought and listened to what the guy has to say. “What? Don’t tell me you fell in love with me now?” He chuckled in my ear.

Simply, my response to that matter was a good kick in his… thing. Yeah, I kicked him. I also had good timing since everybody was now starting up to gather inside the chapel, meaning the wedding would start soon.

“!” He cursed, groaning in pain as he clutched his… thing while holding back his scream. I pushed him away and watched him as he fell to the ground. I made a run for it in my one-inch heels.  “Choi Ari!” He shouted and called my name. I looked back and stuck my tongue out at him before completely returning back inside the chapel and reuniting with my parents – in my daddy’s safe arms.

Though, through the whole ceremony, I felt somebody staring at me with a killer stare. I knew there was only one person who could do that now: Mr. Bacon. I looked for him and spotted him in the other side of the church, glaring at me as if he wants to murder me.

I gulped and tried my best to ignore his stare. I’ll probably have to stay away from him during the reception party later.


I can’t believe this.

Why am I in the same table as him?

And why am I sitting beside him?

I felt him kick my leg under the table. I snorted and stepped on his foot with my heels. He groaned slightly. When I looked up, I noticed our parents looking at us with weird stares.

“Did something happen earlier?” Jihoo-ssi asked and we both shook our heads. “You two look like you hate each other or something.”

Both of us looked at each other and linked arms. “We’re good friends’ dad.” He said with a huge fake grin on his face. Yeah right, ‘good friends’ my . I shook his arm off mine and stood up. “I’m getting dinner.” I excused myself.

“Me too.” Bacon said, also standing up. Damn it.

Without waiting for him, I walked over to the buffet table and grabbed a plate. He did the same. I filled my plate with Carbonara and he did the same. It was after he grabbed a cup of red wine – the same as mine, that I finally decided to speak up. “Why do you pick the same as mine?” I asked him, shaking my head and walking over to the table.

I ate in peace, watching my parent’s and his parent’s converse about their old days. The gross thing about it all was when Jihoo-ssi started talking about how he and his wife met. I twitched at every ‘kiss’ he mentioned and almost vomited when he said the pick-up line: “If you were a booger, I’d pick you first.”

I can see that Bacon beside me almost felt the same. I can’t help but notice the pieces of bacon that was in my Carbonora. So for the sake of annoying him, I grabbed the biggest piece of bacon I could find and held it up in front of his face. “Look, Bacon.” I grinned at him as he looked at me with the what-the-heck-is-wrong-with-this-person face.

“Excuse me, everyone?” The groom spoke and the crowd turned to look at him. “I have bad news.” We all went silent, waiting for him to continue. “It seems that the band we hired couldn’t come because their vocalist was diagnosed with vocal cord nodules. So to get straight to the point, we can’t hold the first dance without a singer and anyone who can play any instrument on the stage. Is there any person in here who can sing and play at the same time? Please, we ask for your cooperation on this one.”

I shrugged. Not my problem…

“This girl can sing.” I looked up to see who Baekhyun-ssi was pointing to and when I noticed that it was me, I slapped his hand away from my head. He gave a smirk and chuckled darkly as he took a sip of his wine.

“I can’t sing!” I hissed at him as everybody turned their heads to me.

“Ari-ssi… can you?” The groom seemed to remember my name. I shook my head but my dad tapped me in the shoulder and motioned me to go for it. When I shook my head again, he leaned over to me and whispered something. “Trust me.” My dad whispered as he pushed me off the chair. I was forced to stand up and I heard everybody clap.

A smile went up to the groom’s face. “Just one song wouldn’t hurt. So, will you do it?”

I looked at Baekhyun-ssi who still had that smirk on his face and punched his arm before sighing and nodding. I made my way up to the stage and grabbed the microphone. “Just a quick note: I’m sorry if your ear drums explode.” I gave a smile as the crowd laughed. I’m not kidding people…

“Still need anyone to play the instrument?” I looked up from dusting my clothes and spotted a familiar face stepping out of the dim light. “Hey, Ari.” A grin came up to my face.

“Chanyeol!” I waved at him and walked down the stage. “What are you doing here?” I asked.

“The groom is my uncle.” He said and chuckled, patting my head. “Nice to see you in a dress once in a while.” He winked at me as I pouted.

“I had no choice you know.” I shrugged and made my way to the stage. Chanyeol was a member of the music club so he does have knowledge in playing an instrument. He strapped the guitar on his shoulders and nodded at his uncle, signaling that he was ready.

“Anybody else want to volunteer?” The groom finalized and everybody went silent.

My eyes widened at the person who stood up. He raised his hand and slowly made his way towards the stage. “I’ll play the piano.” Baekhyun-ssi declared and sat on the piano bench. I looked at him, surprised. He just rolled his eyes at me and grabbed the music sheet on the piano and studied it.

“Great! We’ll depend on you three then. Now, please give a round of applause for our kind volunteers.” Everybody clapped as I gulped, looking at the lyrics on a sheet of paper and observing it. The groom gave us time to study and to learn the tune of the music. After that, it was show time.


 Le Chapter two is here :3 I'm feeling hyped up in typing since I'm pretty much bored every single day. 

@kaironi: OTL. You guys are making me smile by your comments xD Thank you OuO ♥.

@Mesheko: Hai der~! OuO Thank yo uso much xD I hope you enjoy this one. OuO ♥

@seobielovee: Thankchu~ ♥ OuO

@NoeNation: Bacon is really the best OuO ♥ 

@icekyuream: OMG your username ish sho cute OuO ♥ Baekhyun is our Bacon xD

@-EurynomE-: *laughs* Thank God you enjoyed it xD Thank chu for commenting :3 OuO ♥

You new subs, Hai there :3 I love you guys, you know that? *o* Thank you for the support~ :3 

In other news, omg EXO already has sasaeng fans >< I hope they don't suffer just like JYJ did x.x  OTL. 

Well, I'm off to attent some party with my cousin~ I'll be off now. Pai pai~