One

"See You Again!"

Chapter 1:

BACON

 

“Ari, clean up your room!”

“Yes mom!” I don’t really clean my room…

“Ari turn off your air conditioner, it’s been running for five days straight!”

“Yes mom!” I don’t really turn it off and let it be until I go out for school…

“Ari, get off that computer and help me clean!”

“Yes dad!” When it comes to my dad, I follow for the sake of my life. I don’t want to die early and I definitely don’t want my precious laptop taken away from me.

Every single day my life is like this. It’s hard being a single child. You take all the blame and your fingers have no one to point to, you’re forever alone inside the household when your parents are working in the weekends and you have no one to share the chores with. But of course, I’m not saying it’s completely bad. It also has its advantages.

“Ari…” My mom called. I paused the movie I was watching on my laptop and turned to look at her. “We’re attending a wedding next week.”

I raised a brow. “Whose wedding is it?”          

“It’s the wedding of one of your father’s colleagues. I don’t know who either but it’s really important for your father. Give him a chance.”

It’s just like I said earlier: when it comes to dad’s orders, I always say yes.  “Fine.” I said grumpily as a huge grin came up to her face.

“Great! I already have your dress!” Mom pointed outside my room and I sighed. 


 

That day seemed like yesterday. Now I’m sitting in the car on the way to the chapel, wearing a white tube mini-dress that my mom picked for me. I ignored my mom’s tips on respect and manners as my Dad pulled over and parked.

“…remember their names and listen carefully to what they’re saying!” That was the last thing my mom said before we went out of the car.

I was glued to my father’s side, afraid that someone might approach me and interrogate me with countless questions I don’t know the answers of.

“Dad, where is your colleague?” I tugged my dad’s sleeve like a child and looked at him.

He pointed near the entrance. There was a man standing there, wearing a black tuxedo as he greeted everyone who entered the chapel. “Over there, Ari.”  

I looked at him and in that same moment, his eyes met with mine. He smiled at me and then turned over to my dad with a surprised face. He walked over and approached us, completely delighted. “Kyungsan?! Is that you?” He gave a laugh and fist bumped with my dad. It was a weird sight and since I didn’t really want to disturb the two of them, I moved away from my dad and linked arms with my mom.

“It’s been a long time.” My dad smiled and pointed over to both me and mom. “My family.”

“Ah! Your daughter looks really pretty.” His colleague said and I smiled at him. “…and so does your wife.” He continued shortly after waving at me.

“Don’t tell me you’re going pedo on my daughter?” My dad laughed and I turned my head away from the two.

Ew dad, just… no.

 “Just kidding.”

Bad joke, dad.

His colleague just laughed and then quickly changed the subject. Oh, thank God. “Have you seen your best friend yet? Your pal is a rich man now, bro!”

Somehow, hearing those two use the word ‘bro’ and ‘pal’ seems a bit weird for their age.  “Really?” My dad’s eyes widened.

“Yeah, they’re over there!” We all turned our heads near the bushes. A family of three stood there; two men wearing black tuxedos and one woman wearing a pure white dress.

“Is that his son?” My dad asked, motioning his head over to the guy who was shaking hands with countless of females.

 I raised a brow, probably he’s the type of guy who flirts – playboy might be the right term. I observed his parents who didn’t seem to care that their son was shaking hands with only girls. In fact, for the past five minutes I’ve been staring at him, he’s shaken the hands of ten girls already.

In the middle of my observation, the guy noticed me staring at him and met eyes with mine. I didn’t look away but stared back at that cold glare he was giving me. I raised a single brow at him and shrugged when he looked away to shake more hands.

“Come on. I want you guys to meet my best friend.” Dad pulled me and mom over to where the guy was. Without any reason, I felt panic build up inside me.

“Jihoo!” My dad called and a man in his late forties turned around and faced my dad. I figured that guy was Mr. Cold Glare’s father.

Jihoo-ssi motioned his family to come with him and to my surprise, Mr. Cold Glare followed behind him. “Kyungsan, dude!”

Nope. Even ‘dude’ sounds wrong.

He and my father fist bumped and as they stopped in front of us, my eyes met with Mr. Cold Glare again. He was staring at me with those cold eyes of his, observing me in anyway he can.

I raised a brow at him and he gave a smirk. I rolled my eyes, looking away. Yep, definitely a flirt.

“Oh yeah, this is my son.” Jihoo-ssi nudged Mr. Cold Glare’s arm and signaled him to introduce himself.

“Your son looks like you! Handsome!” My father pointed out with a laugh and then turned to me. He pulled me gently out of mom’s arms and pulled me close to his. “This is my princess.”

Dad… seriously?

I’m twenty-freaking-years-old.

Princess…? I can't even -- ugh. 

I shook my head and saw Mr. Cold Glare turn his head away from us and cough. I know you’re holding your laughter you fool. Damn, embarrassed by my dad again.

It was a matter of seconds before Mr. Cold Glare stepped up to me and bowed, holding out his hand for me to shake. “Annyeonghaseyo, Byun Baekhyun imnida.”

I was too surprised at his actions that I only got a bit of what he said. So being the careless person I am, I just spoke what I had in mind. “What? Bacon? Your name is Bacon?” I blurted out all of a sudden while shaking his hand, my face completely clueless.

I noticed everybody turn their heads at me and look at me with the what-the-heck face. Mom gave a killer glare and dad probably mentally face palmed. It was then that I noticed what I said and clamped my hand over my mouth. 

Oh my God...


 Annyeong! You guys are amazing. *jaw drops* Fourteen subs on the foreword only? Oh my gosh...  xD

Well, for one, I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. I tried my best to make it as simple as possible since most of you guys would probably get bored if I put detailed stuff here and there~ 

@summerbaby: Hai~ I'm a Filipino OuO ♥ *laughs* I doubt I'm better than a native speaker xD Anyways, thank you OuO ♥

For the others, tell me what you think. *wink wink* 

For now, I have to go. Pai pai everyone~ I'll see you all in the next chapter OuO ♥