Fifteen

"See You Again!"

Chapter 15:

RUINING IT

 

I didn’t expect my Friday to begin like this.

As I arrived in school, students were staring at me with a smile on their face.

“She’s so lucky.” I heard a girl squeal. I raised a brow and continued walking to my first class. I still had a lot of time left though – about an hour. Either way, I woke up from a text message from Eunmi saying that she won’t be able to attend school. After that, I was wide awake to the extent that I couldn’t sleep anymore.

Shrugging, I decided to ignore the whispers and stares and change my plans. Instead of going inside the classroom, I sat under a tree and grabbed my phone, playing with it.

“Choi Ari of the Multimedia Arts class, please proceed to the school garden.” I blinked. Since when did I do anything wrong?

Noticing the stares one more time, I gathered all my stuff and went to the school garden. I blinked when I saw majority of the student body staring at something by the gazebo. I coughed and they all turned their attention to me. Quickly, they made way for me and I saw what was causing all the commotion.

My jaw fell to the ground.

Two boys had a huge tarpaulin hanging on their hands. The words: “Choi Ari, I’m sorry.” Was written all over with different fonts but the thing that caught my eye the most was the guy kneeled down in front of me as he presented flowers.

“I…” I felt my heart pace speeding up.

“I didn’t mean to do that. I’m sorry, really. I was drunk and…” His apology was cut off when somebody grabbed my hand and stood up beside me.

“Channie…” I blinked at him and he didn’t look at me.

“…please give up on her.” He explained, his eyes softening as he looked at Jihwan.  My eyes widened even more and I squeezed his hand as a signal for him to stop. But he didn’t. He kept on talking which made me feel tensed. I felt him take in a deep breath as he continued. “Having one is enough already. I believe you don’t want to get into this mess too.” His eyes became blank.

Jihwan stood up from his position and looked at me. “I won’t.” He said with determination which made me smile a bit. “But for now, all I’m asking for is her forgiveness.”

“Can’t you understand? If you were to get in the triangle, she’ll get hurt in the end even more.” Chanyeol literally growled and I gawked at him. Frowning, I slapped his hand slightly. I had no idea on what he was talking about.

Feeling a bit of guilt enter my chest, I faced Jihwan and nodded with sincerity. I don’t know why but I felt like he didn’t deserve to hear those things from him. “You’re forgiven.” I gave a small smile.

“I’m telling you.” I faced him again and frowned. “Stay away from her.” He growled.

“That’s all I wanted to hear.” He sighed in relief and gave me a smile before turning over to Chanyeol. “Dude, like it or not I’m not giving up.”

“Chanyeol, stop it.” I warned him with an emotionless voice. He turned to look at me and scoffed. What was wrong with him now?

“Suit yourself.” He nodded simply and walked off without me.

Sighing, I faced Jihwan. “You don’t mind if I leave now to chase after him do you?” I asked with hopeful eyes.

He nodded and I simply ran off with another word.


▬▬ Chanyeol's POV

“Channie!” I heard her shout after me.

I didn’t like it one bit. The way she acts like she doesn’t know anything, the way she makes me go crazy and the fact that I worry about her too much. I hate it and yet, I was positive that it was my fault.

“Chanyeol!” She shouted again. This time, her tone changed. She was starting to get annoyed now. I closed my eyes and just pretended I didn’t hear anything. Six years, Chanyeol. Six, freaking years and you didn’t bother on telling her.

“Park Chanyeol!” She was mad. She never calls me by my full name unless she’s angry with me. A mischievous smile appeared on my face as I felt her hand grab my arm and pull me back. “What in the world is your problem today, dude?”

Maybe I acted too nice towards her and acted too much brother-like. “It’s none of your business.” I shot her a glare. She specifically knew what it meant: stay away. She knew me better than anyone; even my own self. And for her, I know her the best. Our relationship was like this: Unbreakable. I always thought that we were destined for each other; that we were meant for each other. The way she blushes as I , the way she acts shy around me, the way she laughs around me: for a long time I thought that she likes me the way I’ve liked her for six years. But when he came along, I started to have second thoughts.

I shook her arm off forcibly. Yes, do it like that. Act like a jerk now and ruin your friendship.

“Chan – ”

“Stop it.” I hissed at her with a somehow menacing tone she haven’t heard from me before.

Her face crumpled into a look of despair and shock. Her eyes were as round as Kyungsoo’s and dropped to the ground. She looked hurt, about to be broken and more importantly, it was all because of me. Why am I doing this again?

She’s a stubborn girl. I know.

Again, she grabbed my arm and spun me around with all her might. “Tell me.” She ordered.

I looked down. Should I? Or should I not? A memory flashed in my head.

He grabbed my arm and spun me around. “Yeol, I like – no – love her. You don’t feel the same do you?”

They were so much – in many ways the same. Don’t get me wrong, I like Baekhyun. He’s been so nice to me – just like how a brother would treat me. We were of the same age too so of course, we would get along quickly. He was like my best friend but problems started to arise when I accepted that scholarship. Sometimes I would think: What if I hadn’t accepted it? Would she have fallen for me instead?

…and all of it was happening because of her.

“I hate you.” I felt like flipping tables and such but I couldn’t in front of her. Usually, she would calm me down. I wonder what happened to me. “…so much.”

She was about to open to complain but I shot her off. “Why do you make guys fall for you so easily like that? I hate it. Don’t you know that there’s someone loving you already? For six years, he endured it all. He gave you everything to notice: signs, gestures and such. And what does he get? Brotherly love. And yet this random guy appears out of nowhere and you fall for him in less than a month. It’s so unfair.”

Her eyes widened again. “Channie…” Yes, you get what I’m saying do you?

“You let him in your room when you’ve known him for less than two weeks and I had to wait for a year. You make him lie on your bed so easily and I had to wait for two years. You trusted him so easily while I tried my best to earn it for years. Why Ari, why?” Because life was simply unfair…

Understand me. Please. Unconsciously, I felt my hands reach out for her shoulders. I shook her. “What does he have that I don’t?”

She looked so clueless. I looked so stupid.

So I guess… I ruined it for us right?


Oh, the drama T.T Anyway, I haven't updated for a month? o.O

Woah...

I feel so guilty. ksjdlkasj.

Sorry you guise, I still love you yew know? ;n;

As promised, here the drama .u.

School is shiz. I hate it. >:(

ttyl guise T.T Questions? Post on my wall ♥ No? Okay. /forever alone

I'mma be sleepin. 3:20AM mark. lmao.