Thirteen

"See You Again!"

2BiC - Made Yet Another Woman Cry Again

Chapter 13:

BEATING HEART

 

Baekhyun sighed, ruffling his hair in frustration as he stared at his phone. EXO's manager once again texted him, asking to pick him up in one of the clubs in downtown Seoul. Sighing once more, he returned his phone back to his pocket and entered his car. He really needed to discuss this topic about their manager. 

It has been six hours ever since he went off without seeing Ari. Not that he has to be there to check on her ever hour but the sight of her with Chanyeol; he couldn't take it. Chanyeol was a good friend so maybe he thought that it was best not to mingle with whatever affairs they have. But he had to admit, he was twitching all over. After all, he saw her tears earlier and that just made him worried.

He pulled his car up to the front of the club, taking out his phone once more to text his drunkard of a hyung. Ten minutes passed and no reply came, he became annoyed and impatient, stepping out of his car and entering the club.

He hated it in here. Yes, he has performed with EXO in several clubs but this club was an exception. This club was specifically known for those people who are too wild. There was too much skin ship here and the stench was just pure awful. He frowned, looking around to see something surprising. 

The vice president of the student committee, Park Haneul, was by the bar, looking so awful with her smudged make-up and her messy hair. Her dress was filled with wrinkles, making it obvious that she must've been here for such a long time now. 

"Haneul-ah!" Baekhyun shouted over to her. Although he wasn't that close to her, there were some rumors that Haneul likes him very much. Baekhyun knew those rumors of course. Being best friends with the Kingkas of the school - Kris, Kai, Luhan and Lay - was really helpful at times. 

Haneul looked up from her drink, her eyes droopy and her face red. The minute Baekhyun saw her face, he knew what was happening already. 

Drunk, a smile appeared on her face and she stood up, tripping on her feet after. Baekhyun caught her and he frowned even more at her stench and the things she was blurting out. 

"You jerk. I like you so much and I know you know but you keep on acting like nothing's happening." Somehow, her words hit him. Baekhyun felt like an arrow was stabbed into his heart. "Did you come here for me?" A laugh escaped from her lips. "Oh wait, you probably didn't right? Because you love that other girl instead!" When he looked down at her face, Haneul already had tears in her eyes. She let out a soft sob and hit Baekhyun with all her might. "What does she have that I don't?!"

What does he have that I don't?

"You're too good for me." Baekhyun simply used an excuse. He couldn't say yes even though Baekhyun liked her; he liked her but not to that extent. He fell hard. He fell for another woman. And he doesn't have the heart anymore to lie and play with girls. Not after constant things that Ari said. He doesn't want to see that disappointed look on her face once she finds out. 

Just then, Haneul stopped struggling and Baekhyun felt something collide with his cheeks. Guilt flodded his body. "What kind of lame excuse is that?" Haneul then ran off crying, leaving him with a stinging cheek. 

Drunk people slap so hard. He groaned and stormed off, annoyed. He was too frustrated to even care about the stupid manager anymore. 

Without knowing it, he went to the nearby park, sitting on the bench as he stared blankly at the tree in front of him. The sun was beginning to set and he made no move.

An ice cream suddenly appeared in front of his face. Baekhyun blinked and he looked up to see the most unexpected person that would appear at a time like this.

"Something wrong?" Ari asked, taking a bite of her own ice cream as she motioned her head to him, telling him silently to take the ice cream. 

"Tell that to yourself who was crying earlier and looks like nothing happened now." He rolled his eyes and started to the melting part of the ice cream. 

"What?" Ari raised a brow at him. 

It was then he realized what he said. He mentally face-palmed and shook his head defensively. "Nothing." He looked at the tree again, eating his ice cream silently. He felt Ari sit beside on the space next to him, doing the same thing. 

"I guess Chanyeol and you are really close." Ari started, breaking the silence once she felt a cold gush of wind pass both of them. "He told you already? The one about Eunmi?"

He blinked. Somehow, he hated it how Chanyeol came in the conversation. Shrugging it off, he nodded, lying. "Yep. Is she okay?" He quickly rephrased the question to form another. "Are you okay? I heard you cried." 

Ari chuckled and nodded. She wasn't really in the mood to joke and laugh right now but she feels comfortable. She hasn't done this in a while - eating something while talking to a friend comfortably. "We found her. Thankfully, she was okay and then we sent her home."

Baekhyun nodded and just smiled, throwing the last piece of the cone in his mouth and chewing on it before he dusted his hands. The sun has completely set now and the stars began appearing one by one. A full moon was present and the both of them just stared at the sky.

Sneakily, Baekhyun moved in closer to her, carefully not disturbing her from staring at the stars. He felt like laughing at his actions but he held it in.What am I doing? He stopped moving in closer and coughed, looking away from her.

"I can see you, you know."

A light blush crept on his cheeks and he turned his head towards her to defend himself. But the moment he turned his head, all he could sense was Ari's breath on his face. Her eyes was staring directly into his and their noses were almost touching. Both of their eyes widened and they were frozen, unable to move.

It was a while when Baekhyun noticed that Ari was staring at something in his face. He noticed her eyes drift onto his lips and his eyes softened. Is she staring at my...? Does she want me to...?

Softly, Ari suddenly cupped his left cheek, caressing it gently. Her eyes softened too and her gaze returned to his eyes. 

Baekhyun moved in closer, about to do it, until he heard a certain question.

"Who slapped my Bacon?"


 So... I've been gone for quite a long time o_e School just started here and it's a holiday today so I'm procrastinating . I decided to finally update. harhar. Sorry, I was lazy Dx. /bricked

 Meet my awesome new avvie >w< ♥ I have been playing too much ragnarok and then all of a sudden, the miku one won't load Dx I'm changing it! lasdjlaskj. .n. 

And guess what! I published a new one-shot. xD Nyahaha~ Here its is: Kidnapped. 

Meh. If I'm not lazy, I'll update by the weekend or by mid-nextweek. Hey, I'm a lazy girl with lots of homework. OTL. I'm so sorry ;-; 

I shall see you guise soon ♥