Fourteen

"See You Again!"

Chapter 14:

KILLER DAD

 

Baekhyun felt like cursing a lot of incoherent and vulgar words right now, but he coudln't bear to do it in front of her face. Not when it was her own question that ruined the moment; not when that he hoped of kissing her right in this spot was nothing. And then it bothered him. She called him "Bacon" again. The only thing different was that he felt less annoyed and more glad that there was a "my" before his most hated nickname. He had a sense that she knows that he only belongs to her. 

Swiftly, he pulled back and watched as Ari's hands dropped to his lap. He got electrocuted by the touch and jerked away a bit. She stared at him weirdly. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked up at him and stared up into his eyes innocently.

Baekhyun looked away, feeling like he could explode any moment now. That innocent look triggered his heart once again but knowing Ari, he can't be too sure if she's just teasing him or if she actually means it. The girl he loved doesn't look too innocent after all. "No!" He quickly shook his head.

"Ah!" She gasped, plastering a shocked yet a disappointed look on her face. Her index finger shot up and it turned to point towards him. He raised a brow at her. "Your father slapped you again?" She frowned and then nodded to herself once she saw that surprised look on his face. "I knew it. Could it be that you're playing with girls again?" She crossed her arms in front of her chest and shook her head at him.

He frowned. Does she really look at me like that? Unconsciously, he found himself blurting out the unspoken question. "Do you really think so low of your friend?" He pointed out and Ari looked down.

. What did I do now? He panicked and breathed in some air to calm himself down. He saw her shook her head and she smiled softly.

Without hearing a spoken reply, he got worried. This wasn't the girl he used to talk to. It's not like her. Something must have happened. He thought that and gazed towards her, observing her as she stared at the stars again.

He was about to open his mouth until he heard her spoke. "Hey..." She softly started with a blank stare ahead. "What is love?"

His mind went blank after he heard her question. Despite being a playboy once - because Baekhyun declared to himself that he'll stop being one after the party, he never really had any experience in love. But maybe a song could help him explain that. With a smile, he mentally thanked D.O and his awesome composing skills. He then started singing, quickly grabbing the attention of the girl beside him.

Hearing his singing voice, Ari snapped out of her daze and stared at him. 

( EXO-K - What is Love )

Hearing his voice somehow made all her worries go away. All of it disappeared; the pain of seeing Eunmi in Chanyeol’s arms, the worry about her best friend and the thought of getting revenge on that stupid guy who dared to cheat on Eunmi. Ari’s expression softened.

But at the back of her head, there was confusion.  She always knew that she treated Chanyeol as a close friend. There were no other feelings than that type of ‘brother’ feeling. But she was having second thoughts about that. Does she really treat him as a brother-friend?

But looking at Baekhyun, she had to admit that during the first time they met, he was annoying – a huge hindrance and a bother. She had no idea how it came to this. She felt happy around him. Even though he constantly teases her, it seems like everything he says makes her smile.

A mischievous grin formed on her face as she chuckled darkly. “You have an ugly voice.” She simply stated just to .

Baekhyun gasped, put a hand over his chest and gasped again. “Ouch woman! Ouch!” He laughed after, pinching Ari’s cheeks. “Now you know, you pabo.”

Ari groaned and slapped his hand away. “Yah!” She rubbed her cheeks, managing to chuckle.

Baekhyun chuckled too and looked away in satisfaction. She was back to her old self. “Hey…” Baekhyun just stared off to nothing.

Ari looked at him, her hair with her fingers. “Hm?”

“I’ve been wanting to ask…”

“What?”

“What if a close guy confessed to you?”

Ari frowned at the question but she had to admit, it made her feel a bit nervous. The word ‘confession’; it reminded her strongly of love and love reminded her of Eunmi – broken hearts, tears and pain. She wasn’t sure herself if she was ready for all of it. “I won’t be a spoiler and spill everything. Just wait till it happens then you’ll know what I’ll do.” She smiled at her answer.

“Oh.” He didn’t feel anything but the next question made his stomach twist. “What if I confessed to you?”

Her eyes widened and her heart pace fastened up. A light blush crept to her cheeks and Ari immediately looked away. “W-what?” She stuttered, trying to calm herself down.

“I’m kidding!” Baekhyun suddenly let out a laugh despite his disappointment.

Ari sighed in relief and chuckled. “Seriously!” She playfully hit his arm. “I hate you!”

“Oh, you know I love you so much.” Even though he felt serious about it, he forced out a laugh as he saw a pout made its way up to her face.

That night, Baekhyun walked her home and when they arrived, there was an awkward smile on her parent’s face. Ari’s mother invited him for dinner and even though they were in front of Ari’s parents, the two never failed to let out a loud laugh.

Her father became worried but he was happy as well. As soon as Baekhyun left, her father came in her room to talk to her.

“Yeah, dad?” Ari looked up from her laptop.

“Are you and him dating or what?” He asked with suspicious eyes. Ari almost fell on the floor if it wasn’t for the stack of books beside her.

“Dad, I don’t want you to kill anyone, okay?” Ari sighed and shrugged, continuing to type on her laptop.

“So… you are dating him!”

“NO!”

Without another word, her father stormed out of her room, mumbling incoherent words. As soon as possible, Ari found her phone and prepared to warn her friend. But she had no idea what to say so she just sat on the bed, thinking for twenty straight minutes before a message was finally sent.

“Hey… thanks for today Bacon! You made me feel better ouo Oh yeah, please don’t show your face to my father for a while if you want to live that is. Sleep tight~ and may the lizard haunt you! Kekeke~ ” 


Here's the update ==" No this is not a filler :P You'll see in the next chapter. Muwaahaha. Drama is going to come 8D Huge Drama. 

Meh. It's the weekend and I have no homework sooo... I might update tomorrow if I'm in the mood xD See you guys OuO