Eleven

"See You Again!"

Chapter 11:

FRIEND

 

Ari looked down, twiddling her thumbs. “I’m sorry,” She apologized. “He lied to me. He said he got permission from the professor.”

I can’t. I can’t possibly resist her. Chanyeol breathed in and shrugged, plastering a small smile on his face. He hated it. He absolutely hated the fact that he can’t get himself to get mad at her. “It’s okay.” He placed a hand over her head and gently ruffled her hair. I have to make sure to speak to that guy when I transfer there.

She brightened up, sighing in relief. But before Chanyeol could even say something to break the silence, Ari didn’t waste precious time. “Say, can you do me a favor?”

“Favor?”

“You promise me you’ll do it no matter what?”

Chanyeol hesitated a bit but nodded anyway. “What is it?” A huge grin formed on Ari’s face. He gulped, instantly regretting that he agreed.


 

“What am I doing here again?” Chanyeol sighed. He hated – no – despised parties. He couldn’t even imagine himself inside a tuxedo and here he was, wearing one as he stood in front of Ouran’s prestigious gates with his best friend standing beside him.

Ari looked up at him and punched his arm slightly, linking arms with him after. “Because I need moral support from my best, best friend in the whole wide world.” She simply answered and chuckled as she pulled Chanyeol inside the party venue.

This girl, aish! Chanyeol rolled his eyes and laughed sarcastically. “Nice try.” He hinted and managed to smile, looking at her running figure from behind. Well, at least I can spend some quality time alone with her. He grinned triumphantly and caught up with her.

“Noona!” Ari spun around and her eyes widened at the guy.

So much for spending some quality time with her. Chanyeol sighed and spotted some guy waving at her, a slight pout on his face. Is that dude pouting considering his… mature appearance? Chanyeol couldn’t help but gape but he quickly shut his mouth and just looked back at Ari who still stood frozen.

“Tao!” Ari shrugged and she paled, remembering something important. Oh , right! I was supposed to call him that evening. She mentally face palmed and composed herself. “I’m so sorry I didn’t call you. Your hyung was bugging me all night and I kind of forgot.” She just blurted out, completely forgetting that Chanyeol was here with her.

“Bugging?” Tao inquired, leaning a bit closer.

“All night…?” Chanyeol did the same, raising a brow.

Me and my stupid mouth. Ari face palmed and shook her hands defensively in front of her. “No, not like that! I meant that he kept on calling me!” Seeing that they still haven’t given up, Ari gulped. Lie, lie, lie!

“Ah, there you are!” The troubled girl spun around to see Suho approaching her. “I didn’t expect to see you again, young miss.” Suho gave a charming smile. “It’s time for you to go upstage.”

God, I know you love me. A grin made its way to Ari’s face and she nodded. “I understand. Channie, I’ll see you around, okay? Don’t flirt with women.” She warned before running off with Suho.

How did he know that Ari was the one supposed to perform? Chanyeol raised a brow and saw Ari’s picture on the projector screen. Oh, so that explains it. He shrugged and faced Tao.

“Chanyeol hyung, right?” Tao grinned and waved cheerfully. Chanyeol just looked at him with a surprised expression.

What the heck is my picture doing up there? How? When? Why? Ari gaped at her picture and closed shut after a few seconds. She now stood on the stage, mic in hand.

Meanwhile, amongst the crowd, was Baekhyun, standing beside his date. He, of course, had all of his attention on the girl on-stage. And he had to admit, she looked so… lovable right now.

“Baekhyun-ah? Are you listening?” His date asked, tugging his sleeve gently.

“Beautiful…” Baekhyun managed to mumble out, staring directly at Ari.

The girl beside him chuckled and flushed a bit. “T-thanks…”

With that, Baekhyun looked at her with a confused expression. “What? Not you, pabo.” He laughed and the girl looked shock.

Annoyed, his date gasped and hit him in the arm. “You’re sick, Byun Baekhyun.” She frowned and left without another word. Exactly after that, Ari’s sweet voice erupted from the speakers. A smirk formed on his face and he walked towards the staff.

Tao stared at the girl on-stage with interest. “She has a nice voice...” He mumbled, taking a sip from his cocktail.

“I know right?” Chanyeol laughed by the side. “She hides it. She doesn’t like singing actually.”

“Eh? But she – what the hell?” Tao was cut off when he heard another voice erupt from the speakers. All heads turned to the stage and there was no doubt that this wasn’t planned. Even Ari was surprised.

 Ari gaped at him, hearing his voice. Nonetheless, she continued ignoring him and sang her heart out. Must. Not. Kill. Him.

As the song ended, she immediately bowed and excused herself from the stage. Baekhyun ran after her but at the same time, so did Chanyeol.

“Ari!” Both boys shouted her name.

But in Ari’s ears, there was only Chanyeol. With a huge smile she ran up to him and hugged him to get rid of the nervousness in her heart. Chanyeol blinked and just returned the hug, clueless of what to do. “Why are you hugging me?” Chanyeol asked, raising a brow, a smirk forming on his face.

Without lifting her head up from his chest, she spoke, “…because I feel like my heart is going to explode right this moment.”

“So you want me to explode with you when your heart explodes?” He joked and she gave him a look. Not a second after, Ari exploded in a laugh and Chanyeol didn’t even have to think before joining in.

…and all of these, we’re carefully observed by Baekhyun. A frown formed on his face and he felt like something hit his heart. His chest felt heavy.

They seem close, really close. He thought, backing away.

“Baekhyun, come with me.” He spun around and nodded, hearing his father’s voice. He knew he was in trouble for doing that earlier.

His father led him into an empty hallway. After checking to see if no one was around, his father’s palm met collided with his cheeks. “How dare you, you imbecile.” His father hissed. “Do you have any idea how much you messed up this party?”

Baekhyun looked down, ignoring the stinging pain on his cheek. “I just sang with her. She should be honored to sing with me actually. I didn’t ruin the party.”

“And now you dare to talk back? Some parent’s complained to me that you just broke the heart of their daughter. And yes, they came complaining with a crying girl.” His father’s index finger pointed at his face, menacingly.

“It’s not my fault. Their daughter is dumb.”

“Why I oughta – !” Another slap made its way towards Baekhyun’s face but as he waited for another slap, nothing came.

SLAP!

The sound was there, but nothing came?

“Sir!” Ari stumbled a bit at the force but soon regained her composure as he held her stinging cheek. She twitched a bit but managed to let it go. She put both of her hands on her waist and stood in front of Baekhyun with a frown on her face. “I’m sorry to interrupt this dramatic moment but it’s not entirely his fault!”

Ari pointed an accusing finger at the man in front of her. “You’re also at fault!”

All eyes widened and Baekhyun tried to push the girl away. Guilt filled his heart when he saw her red cheek. “Ari, stop it.” Baekhyun grabbed her hand and tried to drag her away.

Jihho-ssi stared at the girl with interest. “Oh, really? How so, young miss?”

“Ari!” Baekhyun had no choice but to lift her up and slung her over his shoulders. He excused himself from his father and ran away to the garden.

“Let go!” Ari wriggled and Baekhyun dumped her over a bench, staring at her with a raging expression.

“What is wrong with you?!” He pointed a finger accusingly at the girl.

“Me? What’s wrong with you? Your father is already slapping your soul out of you and yet you’re doing nothing?” She shot back, getting annoyed. She doesn’t even know why she was helping this guy in front of her.

“It’s none of your business!” Baekhyun roared which made Ari step back a bit.

Ari looked down a bit and stood up from the bench. “You know what? Fine.” She stomped off. “Suit yourself, you… salty piece of Bacon!”

Baekhyun watched her as she stomped away. What have I done now? He fell onto the bench and sighed. Remembering what happened earlier, he just missed his good old child hood days. “What am I doing with my life?” He mumbled.

As he looked up, a handkerchief came into view. “Use it.” The familiar voice made him look up. Ari was standing there, not looking at him, waiting for him to take the piece of cloth.

He didn’t get why though.

“Take it, dude.” Ari rolled her eyes and gave up, squatting in front of him and then wiping his teary face after. “Such a kid.” She pointed out sighing as she took a seat beside him.

“I was crying?” Baekhyun’s eyes widened and he wiped his damp face. He didn’t even realize it if it wasn’t for her. “…thanks?”

She just gave a nod. “You lack love.”

“What?”

She turned to him and stared at him directly in the eyes. “You lack love. That’s why you date so many girls and dump them, right? Your parents never loved you and you were jealous of those other kids.”

“How would you know?” He asked, looking up at the stars in the sky.

“Because I had a friend like that once.” Ari smiled under the moonlight, closing her eyes as she felt the gentle breeze on her face.

Baekhyun tilted his head. “What happened to him?”

“He moved to the states.” Ari simply answered.

Silence filled the air. Neither of them knew what to talk about especially Ari who never expected to see him cry. The guy is actually a softie.

“Say…” Baekhyun started, closing his eyes, looking down. “…will you help me then?”

“Hm?”

“Help me fill myself with love?”

“What?”

“Will you love me?”

 


 

Hello, again you guys ♥ First things first, Happy birthday to our guardian angel Suho ♥ I made this chapter extra long because it's his birthday ♥ 

So, uhm, yeah I'm kind of sulking right now because EXO got to spend time with Exotics in Disneyland TT___TT OTLOTL. 

School here is starting soon ♥ Mine starts in three days. Collge . ._. I swear. 

I'll see you guys... again? Probably. I'm typing the next chapter now. So... yeah~ xD 

Paipai OUO