Twelve

"See You Again!"

4MEN feat. Mi - Here I am (Secret Garden OST)

Chapter 12:

HERE I AM

 

Ari felt her blood rush up to her cheeks. “Love you?” She checked if her ears were deceiving her but thankfully, she heard a laugh escape from his lips.

She sighed in relief. “I’m just kidding.” Baekhyun smiled, a hint of sadness in his eyes.

Ari couldn’t help but feel guilty for him. He seems like he was a lonely person. “Fine.” Ari sighed again, shaking her head unbelievably. She couldn’t believe she was doing this. “I’ll love you. I’ll only love you as a friend. You can be my second best guy friend!” She grins to lift the sad atmosphere up.

This girl doesn’t understand love… Baekhyun scratched his head and just smirked. “Why not first?”

“Because…!” She crosses her arms, eyes narrowing. “Chanyeol is still number one in my heart!” She nodded then her eyes widened. “That’s it! I bet you two will get along!” Ari grins at the idea.

“I already like that guy. I know him well already too.” He pointed out.

“Eh? How’d you meet him?”

“Secret.” He smirked and ruffled her hair. “You should go home soon.”

Ari glanced at her watch. “Oh, crap! Chanyeol is gonna kill me!” She launched herself up and dusted her clothes.

At the same time, Baekhyun stood up and pulled her into a hug. “Thanks…” He whispered into her ear, squeezing her a bit.

Ari was surprised and she turned red as a tomato, not knowing what to do. It was after a few seconds that she smiled and rubbed his back soothingly. He smells nice. “You’re welcome. I’m your friend, remember?” She smiles and pulls out of the hug. Though, Baekhyun still kept his arms on her shoulders.

He grins, widely as ever and Ari now knew that this was his true smile. Her heart melted. “Oh and Ari?”

“Yeah, Baekhyun?”

“I don’t think I wouldn’t want to never see you again. I take back what I said yesterday. I want to see you again.” 


She closed the door behind her, a huge smile on her face. She doesn’t even know why it was there. All she knows that she was smiling as Chanyeol brought her home.

“I’m home!” She shouted, cheerfully.

 Immediately, her dad greeted her and smiled. “How was the party? Did you meet some guys?” Her dad wiggled his eyebrows and laughed.

Until her mom slapped his arm and pushed him slightly. “No! My baby is forbidden to have a boyfriend!”

“I thought you already agreed on Chanyeol?” Her dad teased more.

Ari just rolled her eyes. “You guys!” She sighed and shook her head, making her way back to her room. She slid down her door, all the way to the floor, shaking her head as she felt her heart beat so fast.

“What’s wrong with me…?” She groaned, her hair. “This isn’t me. Why is my heart like this…?”

As soon as she looked up, flashes of Baekhyun’s sincere smile began to appear.  She frowned and saw the bed. Maybe I just need to sleep… She sighed and began to fix herself to sleep.

After taking a quick shower, she jumped on the bed, not bothering to dry her hair. Her eyes felt heavy and she immediately dozed off as soon as she finished putting the covers above her.

The next morning, Ari woke up with a dozen of calls and text messages from one person. And yes, it was Baekhyun.

I regret giving him my number. She sighed and read the messages.

“ Frieeend! Are you still awake?  – Baekhyun @ 11:04 PM

Are you there? :( –Baekhyun @ 11:15 PM– Baekhyun @ 11:15 PM

 Hellooo? – Baekhyun @ 11:20 PM

Kay, do you hate me or something or are you just avoiding me?  – Baekhyun @ 11:21 PM

Okay, I’m kidding. Please, don’t hate me friend >< – Baekhyun @ 11:23 PM

Ari sighed and gave up reading, thinking that every message must be related to each other. Sighing she typed up a reply.

I was sleeping, you idiot =.= I don’t hate you, dude. I’ll see you whenever. Have to go to school now. ‘Kay. Bye.

Surprisingly, five seconds after her message was sent, he replied. “Oh my god, does this guy have no life?” She threw her phone back to the bed, deciding that she’ll reply later. She rolled her eyes and prepared herself for school.

When she arrived, she was a bit surprised that Eunmi wasn’t by their usual meet-up place during Mondays. She raised a brow and looked around, spotting something unbelievable to the eyes.

Isn’t that Eunmi’s boyfriend…? She scratched her head at the sight of the guy kissing another girl. It was then that her eyes widened and she marched up to the guy, pushing the girl away and grabbing him by the collar.

“Where’s Eunmi? What have you done?!” Ari screamed, worry taking over her.

The boy looked at her weirdly. “Get off of me!” He pushed her away and stood up. “God, her friends are such weirdo’s. I broke up with her, alright? She’s weird!”

She nodded and grabbed her phone, dialing her number.

“The person you’re calling is currently unavailable. Please, try again later.”

She cursed and ran over to find her. She was in the verge of tears. She was scared – very, very scared that she’s doing something bad to herself right now. Once, she attempted to kill herself because she loved the boy too much. That’s why after break-ups, Ari would usually be there beside her to check on her if she was doing fine. She’s scared that if she wasn’t there, Eunmi would attempt on killing herself again. This time, it didn’t even last a week. Who knows what would happen to her.

Frustrated and in a hurry, Ari scrolled down her contact list, looking for someone who can help her in these situations. And her eyes were focused on only one person, Chanyeol, of course.

“Yeoboseyo…? Ari, what’s up?”

“Channie, h-help me.”

“Why? What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

“Eunmi… she’s gone and… I don’t know where she is and I n-need to find her…”

“Where are you?”

“Main gate.”

Chanyeol hung up and thirty seconds later, he found Ari standing outside the main gate, tapping her foot impatiently on the ground. “Ari!” He called and Ari faced him with a teary-eyed face.

He walked over to her and pulled her into a hug. Ari did nothing but just stand there, still. “H-help me…” She begged and Chanyeol nodded.

“We’ll find her, I’ll help you. Don’t worry.” He soothed, her hair.

Meanwhile, Baekhyun leaned on a streetlamp across the street, watching the two with two eyes full of jealousy.

It saddens him how Ari can’t be like that to him. He always knew Chanyeol was closer to her than any other guy in the world. He wishes that he was in the place of Chanyeol right now. It hurts knowing that he’s willingly here to protect her and help her like Chanyeol does but she doesn’t notice him at all.

Even if you think it’s not enough, it’s fine. I’ll show you how much I really love you. You may never know, but here I am.

Amidst all of these events, Ari’s phone lighted up once more but she was so busy worrying about Eunmi that she didn’t even notice. Unknown to her that was the message Baekhyun sent earlier, waiting to be opened and read.

I’m sorry, I didn’t meant to disturb you sleeping. I was just happy I finally have a ‘girl’ friend. TT_TT Arasso ^o^ I hope you enjoy school, which I strongly believe you won’t. You don’t mind that I pick you up after school right? I need to tell you something important. I… uhh… I’ll be here when you need me. I’ll see you later~ *sends you lots of Bacon love*  ♥ ” -- Baekhyun @ 7:36 AM


I'm so sorry Bacoooon! I just had to do it! askdjl /3 

It's nearing the eeeend >:D Puahaha. Okay, why am I laughing? ♥

I love you guys so much. /sends you lots of love/ Your comments are... wow o.o

Anyway, catch'cha guise later ♥ I need to study o_e 

Questions? Ask up in the comments, PM me or idk post on my wall? 

OuO /glomps you/