Seventeen

3,652 Days

 

2979. The Day Chanyeol Enlisted in the Military

                Kris watched in a daze as Chanyeol ran a towel over his body and pulled on a clean outfit, drying his hair in the process.

                “Aren’t you cold?” Chanyeol asked, a hand on the hairdryer, the other fumbling with his belt buckle.

                Kris stepped out of the shower and dried himself off slowly.  “No.”  He frowned as he got dressed, still staring as Chanyeol failed to secure his jeans.  In an instant, Kris’s arms were around his hips, fingers looping the belt through its buckle swiftly.

                “Thank—”

                And just as quickly as he had buckled the belt, Kris unbuckled it with frantic fingers, jamming his hands down the man’s boxers, lips sliding up his neck.  “Don’t go,” he breathed, teeth grazing gently over Chanyeol’s earlobe.

                Chanyeol turned off the hairdryer and turned to face what he expected were puppy-dog eyes, but was instead met with a sharp gaze.  He thumbed Kris’s cheekbone and blushed when he received an grab in return.  “I’ll be back soon.”

                “Two years isn’t soon.”

                “It’s not even a full two years.  I’ll be back before you know it.  And in the meantime, don’t turn into me.”

                Kris’s removed his hands from Chanyeol’s pants as his eyes softened, pulling him in by the small of his back, and kissed him on the forehead.  “You better call as soon as you can.”

                “I will, hyung, but I really have to go now.”  He put his belt back on and placed the hairdryer in its drawer.  “Come on.”

                With their fingers interlocked, the two headed out of the bathroom to see Suho waiting patiently, barely able to form a sad smile on his face.  “Ready?”

                Chanyeol nodded hesitantly as he squeezed Kris’s hand until he felt as though his knuckles would break.  Kris could only squeeze back.

 

                D.O. reached up to cup the tall member’s chin in his hands before giving him a soft pat on the cheeks.  “Look at this thin face.  I’ll cook you the biggest feast you’ve ever seen when you come back.”

                Chanyeol chuckled and leaned down to hug him, Kai and Sehun soon latching on as well.  With Sehun came Luhan, and with Luhan came Lay, and eventually the others had all joined the group hug, with the exception of Kris, who stood off to the side, staring at the gravel.

                “Hyung?”

                Kris whipped his head up just in time as Chanyeol’s chest smacked into his, arms wrapping around his waist, face nestling into his neck.  With a rough tug, Kris brought him in closer.  “When you come back, we’re never going to be apart for more than three months at a time.  Promise me.”

                Chanyeol pulled away slightly.  “I don’t think that’s my decision to make, hyung.  I mean, what if—”

                “Promise me.”

                “All right.  I promise.”

 

3023. The Day EXO Declared an Indefinite Hiatus

 

3042. The Day Kris Bought a House

                “Welcome to my home,” Kris said, spreading his arms out, smiling ear to ear.

                “That’s… a rather large purchase, hyung,” Suho murmured, staring at the small, modernly constructed house.  “Why haven’t you told the others?”

                “I wanted you to approve of it first.”

                “I don’t think it matters if you’ve already bought it, hyung.”

                Kris shrugged as they walked in.  “What do you think?”

                “It’s very… homey.”

                “What’s with the face?”

                Suho looked up at the other leader and sighed.  “What do you need a house for, hyung?  I know we’re all getting older and whatnot, but I just—I just think—I mean, what—”

                “What are you getting at?”

                “I just hope that you’re not throwing around money to forget about how much you miss him.”

                Kris crossed his arms.  “I’m not.  I swear.”

                “But—”

                “Follow me.”  Suho padded along behind him and stepped into the room Kris had gone into with uncertainty.  “See?”

                “There are ducks on the wall.”

                “Aren’t they cute?”

                Suho’s brows drew together in confusion.  “What’s your point?”

                “That,” Kris gestured to the other room down the hall, “is Chanyeol’s and my room.”

                “Then what—”  As he connected the dots, Suho’s eyes popped open.  “You don’t—you’re not—are you?”  Kris nodded and let out a laugh when the other slapped his arm and exclaimed, “Get out, hyung!  Really?”

                “Yeah.”

              Suho’s smile faltered as he came to another realization.  “Have you discussed it or is this just another rash decision?”

                “We will.”

                “Hyung—”

                “We will eventually.”

                “People will talk.”

                “Let them.  Let them make up rumors and criticize us and realize that we’ll be the most beautiful family ever.”

                “Ever?”

                Kris grinned.  “Ever.”

 

 

--

Lol what am I doing.