Fifteen

3,652 Days

 

2427. The Day Kris Got the Sniffles

                Luhan snorted, raising an amused eyebrow as he attempted to poke the leader awake.  “I wonder who could’ve possibly gotten you sick.”

                Kris turned his aching body over slowly to glare at the source of irritation.  “Shut up.”  He meant to sound threatening and annoyed, but the crack in his voice only caused Luhan to snicker and ignore him entirely.

                “Let me think.  Hmm.  Oh, maybe it was Tao.  No, he’s been completely healthy.”

                “Luhan.”

                “Maybe it was Lay.”

                “Luhan.”

                “No, he hasn’t been sick for ages.  Oh, you know who it probably was?”

                “Luhan.

                “It was probably your buddy, Chan—”

                It took all the energy in Kris’s body to hurl a pillow at Luhan’s chest.  “Go away.”

                With a soft pout, Luhan handed the pillow back to Kris and patted his head.  “Okay, but you’re going to miss me.  Drink some water.  Your throat’s going to die.  Dinner’s still on the table if you want a midnight snack later.”  With that, he was out of the room, and Kris breathed a sigh of relief.

                He stared at his phone, contemplating whether or not to make a long-distance phone call.  With another sigh, he quickly dialed the number before he could change his mind.

                “Hello?” a deep, sleepy voice greeted him.

                “Hey, giraffe.”  He sniffed as he felt his nose dripping.

                “Kris-hyung?”

                “Who else?”  His voice cracked once again, and Chanyeol’s laughter filled his ear.

                “I told you I’d get you sick.”

                “Well, I wanted you too badly to care.”

                Chanyeol gulped at the strangely attractive tone of Kris’s husky sick voice.  “You should get some sleep.”

                Kris hesitated at his cheesy thoughts, but he let them out anyway.  “I can’t sleep without you here.”

                “Just pretend I’m your comforter.  I’m there with you.  Heck, I’m on top of you.”

                “But I need you.”  Despite his childish complaint, Kris snuggled into the covers, his eyelids beginning to droop.

                “I’m right here.  I’ll even stay on the line until you fall asleep.”

                Kris yawned quietly, pulling the comforter in closer.  “You’d better.  This is your fault.  You’re too attractive.  Why can’t you be ugly and annoying?  Get ugly, Chanyeol.  Get a bucket of ugly and dump it on yourself.  Call the fairy of y and tell her to take it all away.”

                Struggling to keep himself composed, Chanyeol laughed awkwardly, almost choking on his own breath.  “I think you’re becoming delusional, hyung.”  There was a pause on the line, and he heard Kris shift in his bed.  “Hyung?”

                “This comforter thing is a good idea.”

                “I can barely understand what you’re saying.  I think you should sleep n—”

                “I love you, Chanyeol.”  Kris’s eyes fluttered shut, and Chanyeol listened to his heavy breaths as he fell into sleep.

                “Good night, hyung.”

 

2634. The Day Kris Raised Suspicions

                “You better not be cheating on me.”  It was difficult for Kris to stay calm as he scrolled through fan-taken photos online.  “I see you all over Baekhyun, Chanyeol.  I see it.”

                Rolling his eyes, Chanyeol scoffed into the phone.  “It’s called fan service, and I’m fairly certain I’ve seen you all over Lay and Luhan and Tao and Chen and especially Xiumin these days, and oh, would you look at that, there are no other members left for you to it up with.”

                “Well, I’ve never actually dated any of them, unlike somebody.”

                “In case you haven’t noticed, hyung, Baekhyun has been especially friendly with a certain member on your team lately.  And I’m not that fickle, thank you very much.”

                “Oh, really?  Because I seem to remember—Wait.  What are you talking about?”

                “Honestly, hyung, you need to pay more attention.  Baekhyun is constantly texting Tao and sending him quite inappropriate photos and his name in his sl—”

                “Shut the hell up, Yeollie,” Kris heard distantly.

                “Huh.  Well then.”  Kris glanced across the living room to Tao, grimacing when he noticed him grinning a little too excitedly, phone in hand.  He cleared his throat.  “Sorry, I just… I just wanted to, you know, I was just—”

                “Jealous.”

                Kris sputtered incoherently.  “I—”

                “Jealous,” Chanyeol repeated smugly.

                “I don’t get jealous.  Just stop being such a troll, goodbye.”

                Chanyeol smirked as the call disconnected.  “Love you too, hyung.”

 

 

--

Yay, I have more time to update now!  :)

And as always, thank you guys so much for the comments!  <3