Ten

3,652 Days

 

1888. The Day Kris Wanted to Know What it Felt Like

                “Hyung,” Suho said softly, poking Kris’s shoulder.  He had fallen asleep on the couch again, and the other members couldn’t get him to budge, so they had called upon the other leader for help.  “Hyung.”

                “Suho-hyung, we’re going to practice.  Tell him to come when he gets up, please,” Tao called out as the five boys filed out the door.

                Suho sighed and decided to use a more aggressive approach.  “Hyung.”  He shoved at Kris’s arm and earned an irritated groan from the man, his eyes still shut.  “Hyung, get up.  I know you’re awake.  Kris-hyung.”  He let out a frustrated huff.  “You can’t keep moping around just because Chanyeol moved on.  Get up.”  He knew he was being insensitive, but he was starting to become annoyed.  He didn’t need another depressed member to be worried about.

                Kris’s eyes flew open, glaring at the other.  “Leave me alone.”  He turned his face to the backrest of the couch.

                “No.  You’re not like this, hyung.  You’re responsible.  You’re a leader.  You can’t keep doing this.”  He sat beside him when there was no response.  “It’s not his fault, and you know it.”

                Kris flipped over to face Suho, eyes bloodshot.  “What?”

                Suho’s patience was hanging by a thread.  It wasn’t the first time in the past two weeks he had had to force Kris into getting off the couch, but he was fed up.  It was time to say something.  “Aren’t you two broken up?”

                “He was supposed to—”

                “Yes or no?”

                Kris clenched his jaw.  “Yes.”

                “Did you ever call him after that one time while you were in China?”

                “I was busy with—”

                “Jesus, hyung.  Yes or no?”

                “No.”

                “Did you make out with this guy?”  Suho pulled out his phone and tapped a few buttons before shoving it in the older’s face.  The screen glowed with a photo Tao had sent a few months ago, the image showing Kris kissing an unidentifiable man in the midst of what looked like a party.

                His harsh expression faded.  The question was hardly worth answering.  “I didn’t mean to.”

                A breath rushed out of Suho's nostrils as he laughed sarcastically.  “Did you really expect him to sit around and wait for you, hyung?  To wait for this guy?  The one who said to wait and then went ahead and forgot about him?”

                “I didn’t.”  Kris looked up at him, shaking his head slowly, the pain clear in his eyes.  “I tried not to.”

                Suho’s expression softened.  “Hyung, you just… You grew apart.  It’s normal.  Relationships are difficult to uphold when they’re long-distance from the start.”

                There was a brief lull as Kris sat up and placed his hand on Suho’s thigh.  He leaned in.

                The younger leader withdrew.  “No.”

                Kris’s eyes pleaded for compliance.  “I just want to know what it feels like.  I want to know why he did it.”

                Suho was motionless as he let his eyes close.  Kris leaned forward, and their lips brushed gently before he pushed closer, his hand clenching tighter onto the other’s leg.  Suho pulled away after a few moments, his breath shaking.

                Kris paused, taking a moment to calm himself down, then wrapped his arms around Suho’s waist and rested his head on his shoulder as if he were a child.  Suho relaxed when he realized Kris simply needed friendly consoling.

                “Do you know why he did it?”  He traced shapes into Kris’s back, cradling the much larger man in a slightly awkward but comfortable position.

                Kris nodded into his neck, all traces of anger in his body gone.  “He was tired.”

 

 

--

Oh gosh, I'm sorry for making you guys so upset!  D: