Nineteen

3,652 Days

 

3648. The Day Chanyeol Returned from the Military

                “Where’s Kris-hyung?” Chanyeol asked, glancing around as the members tackled him.

                “He’s at home waiting for you,” Suho called out amidst the reunion chaos.  “Your home.”

 

                The members jostled Chanyeol playfully, teasing him as he stepped out of the van onto the driveway of the house.  He looked back at them in bemusement.  What are they so excited for?  I already said yes anyways.  Shaking his head, he strode up to the door and rang the doorbell, tapping his foot as he waited, the others stifling their giggles as they watched attentively.

                Before Kris could swing the door open fully, Chanyeol had him in his embrace, clutching tighter by the second.

                “Hyung, I’m never leaving you again,” he mumbled into Kris’s neck.

                “Don’t worry, I won’t let you.”  Pulling away reluctantly, Kris revealed Junior from behind his back and knelt on his knee.  “I didn’t exactly do this correctly the first time, and I want you to have a proper memory of this proposal.  I already know your answer, so you better not change it now.”  Chanyeol found himself simultaneously grinning and holding back tears.  “Park Chanyeol, will you marry me?”

                Biting his lip, Chanyeol nodded like a madman, pulling Kris up by his collar, and planted a kiss on his awaiting lips.  With a smile, Kris took the ring off Junior’s ossicone and slipped it onto Chanyeol’s finger.  They laughed at the sound of their manager cheering, followed by the deafening hoots of their fellow members.

                “Let’s go to Canada, hyung.”

                “Already got tickets.”

                “No, I mean,” Chanyeol took a breath, “let’s move to Canada.”

 

3650. The Day Chanyeol and Kris Withdrew from EXO

 

3652. The Day Chanyeol and Kris Left for Canada

                “Come back to us soon,” Suho breathed, his throat choking as he took the two into his arms.

                Kris chuckled, ruffling Suho’s hair.  “We’ll see you guys at the wedding in a couple of weeks.”

                “I know, I just—”  K’s leader finally let loose a tear, the other eleven crushing themselves together as he blubbered in the center, forming a huge sobbing mess.  “Take care of each other, and keep in touch with us.  Thank you for all you’ve given me these past ten years.  I—We love you.  We always will.”

                With a crack in his voice, Kris called out, “We are!”

                “One!

 

                “You know, I kind of liked those ducks.  I’ll miss that house,” Chanyeol said, fiddling with his seatbelt.

                Kris rolled his eyes, stretching out his legs.  “Luhan seemed to take a real liking to them, and Sehun was practically prancing through the place.  Plus, I’m sure we can get wallpaper just like it for our new house.”

                Chanyeol clapped eagerly.  “I’m excited, hyung.  I’m really, really excited.”

                Kris gave him a knowing smirk.  “I know.  You look like a friggin’ troll on crack.”  As Chanyeol opened his mouth in protest, the older man took his hand in his.  “A troll who is secretly a cute giraffe in disguise.  My giraffe.”

 

 

--

Oh god, I wanted to cry while writing this.  I hope you guys have enjoyed reading, and as always, thank you for all your comments!  <3