Two

3,652 Days

 

0062. The Day EXO-K’s First Promotions Ended and EXO-M Returned from China

                Chanyeol glanced around fretfully, standing on his tiptoes even as the tallest member of EXO-K.  He pushed down on Baekhyun’s shoulder as he tried to get a better look at the incoming arrivals.

                “Ow!  Jesus, Yeollie, I know you’re excited, but you’re not making yourself any taller,” grumbled the older boy.

                “I just,” Chanyeol said, jumping up.  “Need.”  Jump.  “To see—”

                “Kris,” chorused EXO-K.

                “We know, Chanyeol, we know,” Suho said, rolling his eyes.  “You’ve got a big sappy crush on him and you just need to see him.”

                “What?” Chanyeol squeaked, his voice rising two octaves.  “No, no, no, no, no, I want to see all of them.  I don’t know what you’re talking about, silly Suho.”  He giggled nervously and put the leader in a playful headlock.

                “At least one of us isn’t hiding the love,” Kai teased.  Sehun turned and blew raspberry at him, immediately returning to his intent search for Luhan.

                Chanyeol considered Suho’s statement.  I don’t have a crush on Kris. I just miss him the most because he’s my favorite hyung.  Right?

                “Luhan-hyung!” Sehun practically shrieked.  He shoved his way through the crowds and flung himself at the boy.

                Chanyeol looked up, his heart pounding.  Xiumin, Lay, Chen, Tao, where’s Kris?  After what seemed like centuries, he finally caught sight of him.  Time seemed to slow as he felt his body become still, and there he was, there was Kris, his Kris.  “Hyung,” he breathed.  His heart wrenched, and he wanted to run up to the boy, take him into his arms, and never let go.

                “What are you waiting for?” Suho asked.  “Go.”  He nudged Chanyeol gently, an understanding smile forming on his face.  Chanyeol willed himself to take a step forward, but his limbs suddenly went numb.

                What are you doing, Chanyeol?  You’ve been waiting for weeks.  Kris weaved through the crowd behind the others of EXO-M and grinned as he greeted the other subunit.

                “Chanyeol, come here.  I know you missed me,” Kris said, holding his arms out.  “Chanyeol?”  He raised an eyebrow at the frozen boy.

                “Hyung,” he eventually peeped.  He reached out to touch the older man’s cheek as if to make sure he wasn’t dreaming.  Snapping out of his daze, he crushed himself into Kris’s body, wanting to laugh and cry at the same time.  “Hyung, you’re home.  You’re finally home.”

                Kris let out a laugh and wriggled out of Chanyeol’s embrace.  “I got you something.  Don’t tell the others because I didn’t get them anything special.”  He a hand into his backpack and took out a stuffed giraffe plushie.  “It reminded me of you.”

                The younger boy grasped the stuffed animal giddily and clutched it against his chest.  “Thanks, hyung.  I love it.”

                “I knew you would.”

 

                Chanyeol rolled over in his sheets.  He the soft synthetic fur of his giraffe, which he aptly named Chanyeol, Jr.  “I don’t think of Kris-hyung that way, right, Junior?” he whispered into the dark.  The giraffe stared back at him blankly, and he gave a long exhale.  “He’s just a big brother.  A hyung.  A hyung, a hyung, a hyung.”  He pulled the plush toy close and closed his eyes, chanting, A hyung, a hyung, a hyung in his head until he drifted into dreamland.

 

0287.  The Day EXO’s Second Set of Promotions Began

                “Chanyeol, you’ll be okay.  Don’t worry, hyung will call you,” Kris reassured the boy clinging onto his waist.

                “Promise me,” he said, eyes pleading.

                “I promise.”  And then Kris was whisked away, the others waving goodbye.

                Chanyeol was still skeptical about his feelings, even as the months had ticked by, but with every passing second, with every step Kris took away from him, he felt the cracks forming, his heart sinking lower, lower, lower.  Baekhyun squeezed his hand and rested his head on Chanyeol’s shoulder, but it wasn’t the same.  It wasn’t Kris.

 

 

--

Sadly I don't actually know when M is coming back, but I miss my HunHan and KrisYeol so much asldfkj.  D:  And it's still kind of fluffy right now, but I get the feeling this is going to become angsty lol.