Last Impressions

One More Song [Baekhyun]

[Baekhyun POV]

The doctor nodded and handed me a stack of papers. “We need her signature on here. She is over 18 right? We’ll send her tonight, just make the payments at the door.”

I dully nodded and took the papers from him.

Hold it together Baekhyun. She’ll be just as hurt. 

Give her the support you can while you still can.

There was sorrow trapped in my eyes.

And a smile graced my face. It’d shifted, the sorrow, and was now conveyed in my smile.

Her last image of me had to be a smile.

I entered the room.

My steps were soft and meticulous, it was as if I moved too much, too loudly I’d awaken that hidden desire to let tears flow down my face.

Her sleeping figure reminded me of snow, so still, so graceful.

She’d made me happy.

At first I’d hated her, I hated her cold warmth.

But, now I’d come to accept her, I was used to her.

Now that she’s taught me about the faint line between love and hate she was leaving.

She was melting.

But, snow returns every year, she might not.

My finger brushed against her cheeks.

Her cloud like soft skin was from another world.

And the floral smell of her hair was just as intriguing.

Her enchanting eyes opened at my touch.

“Beakhyun?” Her mesmeric voice called out.

I was still wearing that smile. “Do you want to go to America?” My hand combing through her silk like hair.

“Why?”

“To get better.” Her answer was obvious, of course she’d shake her head. Like it was no big deal. Like it was nothing to her.

“Please. Go.” My voice pleaded her to go, to leave here, to get better. But my body pleaded differently, my eyes pleaded her to stay. I’d instinctively moved closer. “Please, I beg you, go.”

“What if… I don’t come back?”

“You’ll come back. I know it.” She had to. My heart was broken and it would be waiting for only her to put the shattered pieces back together. “You’ll be a great singer then. You’ll continue to sing songs everyday for the next hundred years when you return. You can be happy everyday for the rest of our lives.” My hand held tightly onto her delicate one.

She took the papers with her other hand and took the pen from my other hand.

She was about to sign, and her hand fell. I looked into her eyes which sheltered just as much sorrow as mine and nodded to her.

Please.

She signed it. Her heart cried.

“Mei-Hua… when you get there. When you’re okay, call me. I’ll wait for you. I’ll wait forever. I love you.” I disclosed my concealed heart to her.

“Don’t wait…I have someone I love in China.” her voice was softer then a whisper. “You can leave now…”

My fragmented affection severed even more.

I stood to go and dragged my unwilling feet out the door.

In this world, there can never be such a thing as a good farewell.

I’d still wait though.

Even if it was harder than waiting for rain in a drought.

Even if you’d never come back, the memories would make me keep waiting.

You had become my dream, and right now I was facing the hardest part. Waking up.

But I’d fall asleep again, for sure.

If there was no role for me in your life’s script, I’d make one. 

 

-End of Part One- 

 

 

 

Okay well, don't hate me OTL 

I will be restarting part two in a few weeks.

Don't worry! I just need a little time off from this fic xD I'm very uhh.. dissapointed (?) in it so far xD  

Thanks so much for reading this far ;w; 

I have some plans for the future already xD 

Part two will start in the next chappie probably  c: 

I'm so sorry again, I'll start the next  part soon. 

Also I tried writing this chapter in a little bit of a different writing style