First Impressions

One More Song [Baekhyun]

[Mei-Hua's point of view] 

I ran off the plane and smelled the fresh new air this country had to offer.

Even if it wasn’t far from China it still seemed like a completely different place to be.

Thankfully, with the money I had I decided to buy a Chinese-Korean dictionary from the airport in China so I could study during my plane ride.

My first priority was finding a home.

I looked at the huge wad of money in my bag as I waited on the immigration line.

I was supposed to be admitted to the hospital right after I left the airport, that’s where grandma thought I would go.

I felt this sudden guilt when I looked at the money she spent almost 18 years saving and raising for me and here I was, about to spend it not how she expected me to. I sighed.

After immigration I got out to the main area of the airport.

There was a huge crowd of girls  there, they were screaming and yelling and holding huge posters up. It scared me a little.

Is this what all Koreans are like?

I didn’t think it would be possible to be friends with people like this. I decided to muster up some courage and ask someone for places where it’s cheap to stay.  

I started on the outskirts of the crowd. “Cheap place? Hotel?” I asked with my broken Korean. The girl pushed me away and was jumping up and down, she probably didn’t hear me.

Well this was annoying

This time I yelled to the next girl. She gave me a weirded out look and decided to ignore my existence. I sighed and kept moving further into the crowd.

The further in I moved, the louder it got and the louder I yelled.

Ah! My throat hurts so much.

Closing my eyes, I started yelling louder and louder. At this point it felt like someone was continuously stabbing my neck.

THUMP!

I bumped into someone’s side while yelling and fell back.

I looked up to apologize and saw who it was, it was a boy who was wearing really flashy clothes with hair dyed dark brown. Not gonna lie, he was really good looking.

The boy glared down at me and said something in Korean “This BISH. She just yelled in my ears. WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!!!” His voice was loud and booming but it was difficult for me to understand anything except “she”. His yelling silenced the rest of the crowd.

I said “Thanks you.” In Korean to him. Even if he looked mad there was a chance that he was saying something like sorry, who knows. After my comment he looked at me even more fiercely.

What’s his problem?

The boy next to him, dressed just as nicely, and also quite handsome, quickly helped me up and said something in Korean I couldn’t understand. “I’m so sorry on his behalf.”

I just nodded and said “Yes”  

Looking around, it was evident we were in the middle of the crowd so I decided to ask here “Me? Hotel? Stay? Show?”

He looked at me like I was crazy and many of the stares in the crowd turned cold at the mention of a hotel.

Some girls were mumbling in Korean. “How dare she? She thinks she has the right to ask Suho Oppa to go to the hotel with her?”

Immediately, he let go of my hand which he was holding to help me up. After that, two big, muscular men held both my arms and took, well more like forced, me away.

Oh will they help me find a hotel? It worked It worked!

I grinned and rejoiced silently.

The girls continued murmuring. “Tch. I bet she did it on purpose so she could hold his hand.”

The two men led me outside and then let go of me.

I started to follow them where they were going after they let go of me. But they were going back inside.

I gave them a puzzled look and they locked that door and made an X with their hands when I tried pulling the door.

My eyes grew wide as I saw they weren’t there to help me.

WHAT?! Weren’t they going to show me a nice place. They just kicked me out. What the heck!! Where do I stay now?! I can’t stay stuck on the street like this!