More Than That

One More Song [Baekhyun]

 

[Baekhyun POV]

“However, when we were examining her, was swollen up and seemed really bad.” He continued a little worried. “It may be an infection”

“It must be her cancer,” I said almost immediately. “She has cancer in .”

“We need to run more tests then.” He said and hurried back inside.

I sat down on the bench and tapped my foot. Thank goodness it’s nothing more.

I pulled out my phone to look at the time. It was almost 10 AM.

But what caught my attention more than that was that I had 40 missed calls from Suho, 90 text messages from D.O, 73 from Chanyeol, and 56 from Kai.

I opened just one of the many. “You can’t ditch practice every single day to go on dates with Mei Hua. You have to come!’ The text said, almost immediately I shut it off.

How could about practice at a time like this.

After about an hour, the doctor came back out.

“She hasn’t been getting treatment?” was the first thing he asked.

I shook my head.

“come to my office… we should talk.”

I followed him to his daint office, it was all white. And clean, not a spec of dust anywhere.

He sat down in a chair and told me to sit as well, so I did.

“The cancer is spreading rapidly- ” he started but that made me anxious.

“So, give her treatment.”

“That’s what I need to talk to you about.”

“There should be no question about it. Just give her treatment.” I said quickly.

He sighed. ‘I understand that you’re nervous. But, we can’t provide the treatment. I won’t say it’s guaranteed, but it’s much more likely to be able to recover if she’s sent to America.”

“America?” It’s so far.

He nodded. “Yes, America. They have some of the best hospitals in the world. There’s not much chance for recovery. She has, at most a few months to live. But, maybe that time could be extended, here we don’t have the specialists for it though.”

It felt as if every bone in my body broke.

Maybe, that wasn’t even enough to describe the pain I felt.

She’d given me too many memories.

Just over the past two months there was laughter.

There was happiness, happiness like I’ve never felt before.

It was hard to let go, hard to let go of something I didn’t have yet.

Something, no someone.

Someone I was so close to having.

“Let’s… send her. I’ll pay. For everything. Just send her.”