Auditioning

One More Song [Baekhyun]

[Mei-Hua's POV] 

So I ended up getting on a train to who knows where.

I couldn’t read Korean so I had no clue, but hopefully, it was to Seoul.

There, I found a small, unoccupied, hut to stay at.

It would have to do, plus the woman who lived in the house next door agreed to teach me Korean.

She also told me about an SM entertainment audition happening today.

That’s where I am right now.

I hope I didn’t look too plain.

My stomach was tossing and turning every which way the closer it got to my turn.

I heard this is the entertainment TVXQ is from. Apparently Shinhwa too.

They were some of my favorite singers.

I heard a peculiar sound and realized it was their way of pronouncing my name so I went inside the room.

There were a bunch of adults sitting at the other side.

A table was separating us. It was like a wall between the judging and the judged.

What should I sing?! I didn’t even prepare a song.

I bowed and introduced myself to buy time.

“Hello, My name is Min Mei-Hua.” It sounded a little traditional but oh well. At least it was something I could say without to much of an accent thanks to the lady next door.

I got it! TVXQ’s “Hug” would be good

I closed my eyes and started singing the Chinese version of it.

Unknowingly, I was adding notes here and there. Just things I thought made it sound better.

“Stop” I heard one of the judges say after a little bit of it.

All of the were smiling. Grinning.

Did I do that bad?

I started tearing up a little and bowed “Sorry.” I said as I walked off the stage.

One of the judges got up though. “Wait.”

 

[Lee Soo Man POV]

She turned around to face me, wiping away tears before she did. “Y-Yes?”

I went closer to her and She didn’t say much.

I circled her once and then twice.

Not bad.. Not bad

“Not bad, not bad.”

“You have the three Ns. Nice Voice, Nice Body, Nice face. A pretty girl could probably get to him. You also seem polite enough.”  I said trying to flatter her.

She smiled the second I said pretty

And she’s trapped.

I smirked.

She looked like a country girl, a very pretty one too. Pure and innocent.

Hopefully, she could fix that Baekhyun for me so he doesn’t cause EXO’s image anymore harm.

After that, I could always kick her out if she’s not good enough.

I just needed to use her for my purposes long enough. “How would you like to become a trainee here?”

She looked blankly at me.

“You would have the chance to complete your dream, you want to be a singer right?”

She nodded after hearing singer almost immediately too.

She was eager, so I decided to get to the point. “There’s just one little catch.”

She nodded again, she looked excited.

“You have to help me with a boy. You probably have seen him all over on the television and computer. He is EXO-K’s Baekhyun Byun. I need to teach him a few lessons. Will you help me?”