Chapter 13

Bloody Business

“Are you alright?”, ChanSung asked, as they were sitting in the backseat of the car.

HyoMin who was still shocked and confused about what just had happened, only looked at him with an empty glare. It didn’t seem like she had realized what he had said.

“I’m sorry that it had to turn out like this. But we had to make LeeJoon believe noone would interfere in his plans.”, he explained and acted as if he was worried and truly sorry.

She didn’t answere and only looked down on her hands. Her glance was captured by the ring she wore. It reminded her of the evening she had watched the movie with LeeJoon. Him and her walking down the street hand in hand... his words, his actions... all of that had been a lie? Her eyes filled with tears again. She couldn’t believe it. But still... he had never told her that he liked her. Quickly she took off the ring and put it in her pocket. She didn’t want to see it. But she also couldn’t throw it away. Although it probably had all been a lie she wanted to keep the memories.

“But it’s good that we were able to catch him here, before he could give the receipt to his boss.”, ChanSung continued.

“He doesn’t have it.”, she silently said.

“He doesn’t?”, he asked and blinked truly surprised, “But-“

“I don’t know about the receipt.”

Silence filled the backseat of the car. Then ChanSung laughed a bit. “Don’t worry, you don’t have to act like you don’t know anything about it anymore. You can tell me.”

Now she looked him into the eyes. “I really don’t know it.”

She wasn’t lying. As ChanSung realized this, he clenched his fists and cursed in his mind.

“The only thing that’s left from my father is his will.”

“No material things?” She shook her head.

“Is there anything he gave you, before his death?” She shook her head again and then looked at him. The tears of her had dried. “Why do you want to know all this?”

“To protect you.”, he lied, “If we could get the receipt, the organisation would be mightless. And you wouldn’t have to fear them anymore.”

“I’m sorry, but I really don’t know...”

“...maybe we can find it together. Please come with us, we still have to ask you some questions.”, he said. Slowly she nodded.

ChanSung turned his face to the window so she couldn’t see it.

An evil smile was on his face. What a naive girl...