Chapter 1

Bloody Business

 

When he arrived at the university and got out of his car one girl noticed him right away and hysterically nudged her friends arm with her ellbow.

“Look, look! This guy over there is hot!”

“What? Where?”, she immediately turned around and searched for the guy her friend was looking at.

“Over there! With the sports car! Wahh, even though he has sunglasses on I know his eyes are gorgeous!”, she said and seemed to be drifting away into dream lands.

“Yah! Don’t think I will let you get him that easily!”, her friend said who finally found him, too, and also fell for him.

LeeJoon didn’t even notice how the girls where talking about him. He wasn’t here to be loved by every girl. He was here to be loved by just one girl – or rather liked.

With his bag over his shoulder he walked on the campus, the eyes of the girls following him all the time.

After he registered in the secretary’s office he went to his first lecture.

His subject would be photography while he was studying here. Actually he wasn’t interested in something like that but so he could get close to her.

Park HyoMin. His target and the first person he saw when he came into the lecture hall.

Even though the room was full of people he found her immediately. Of course, after all he was trained to find his target in any situation.

Silently he sat down in one of the back rows where no one could bother him.

Some of the girls gossiped secretly and giggled while they observed him.

Meanwhile Hyomin, who was sitting in one of the middle rows, was deep in thoughts.

All through the lecture she hadn’t moved one inch and every other human could have thought she was dead. But LeeJoon saw every small movement other people wouldn’t notice.

Her chest which went up and down with every breath she took. Her foot which tapped on the ground in a rhythm only she could hear and which silently formed words.

When the professor finished his lecture she didn’t seem to notice it until some guys who where sitting in front of her got up.

Quickly she began to pack her things and LeeJoon stood up.

His expression still was emotionless but someone who knew him could have seen that he was amused by the strange behaviour of this girl. Far away in her own world not noticing what was happening around her.

When she put the things into her bag one of her books fell on the ground.

She wanted to pick it up when someone got it for her.

LeeJoon who had removed his sunglasses stood in front of her and held out the book to her with a smile on his lips.

A fake smile. A long trained smile which no one would recognize as a fake one.

“Thanks.”, HyoMin said smiling brightly and packed the book into her bag, “Are you new here? I haven’t seen you before.”

It surprised him a little bit that she recognized him as a new student. Most of the people didn’t know with whom they had lectures with except of their friends or people they were interested in.

“Yeah, I’m LeeJoon.”

“LeeJoon? Just LeeJoon?”

He nodded. “Just LeeJoon.” He didn’t have a surname. There was no reason for it.

“All right, then just LeeJoon-shi. Nice to meet you, I’m Park HyoMin. You can just call me HyoMin.”

“Nice to meet you.”, he answered still smiling.

“HyoMin-ah!”, someone called and HyoMin looked past LeeJoon and saw JiYeon standing in the door.

“I’m coming!”, she answered and then smiled at him again, “You don’t know anyone, yet, do you? Would you like to eat with my friends and me?”

“That would be nice.”

“Okay, then let’s go.” Cheerfully she went to the door with LeeJoon following her.

Now their was a real smile on his face. A dark grin.

Things seemed to turn out more than well for him and maybe he could finish this mission in a very short time thanks to the open-minded and naive personality of this girl.