Chapter 2

Bloody Business

“Halmeoni! I’m back!”, Hyomin called when she entered the house and took off her shoes.

Before she went into the kitchen she put her bag on the stairs.

“Can I help you with something, Halmeoni?”

Hyomins grandmother was making dinner. “Ah, Hyomin-ah. You could place the dishes on the table. How was school?”

She smiled about how her gradnmother talked to her. Although Hyomin was already 22 she still treated her like a child.

“It was as instructive as always.”, she answered while she put the plates and chopsticks on the table, “And there is a new student.”

“A new student? In your major?”

“Yes, he said he wants to become a photographer to show the beauty of the world to everyone.” She had been impressed when he had said that. Her goal was the same.

“So it is a boy? How does he look like?”, her grandmother asked and began to fill the dishes with rice and soup.

“He is really good looking. Everyone’s eyes followed him. It was almost scary.”

And because everyone had been looking at him they also had looked at her. Especially the girls had given her angry glances.

“Oh, poor JinWoon.”, Hyomins grandmother said and chuckled.

“What does this have to do with JinWoon?”, Hyomin asked and raised an eyebrow.

Her grandmother put the dishes on the table and sat down.

“Hyomin-ah, of course this has something to do with JinWoon.”

“Halmeoni. I’ve told you before that JinWoon and I are just friends.”

Since they were little everyone said that later they would marry.

Hyomin always had been annoyed by that. Just because they lived next door to each other for their whole life and were together almost everyday it didn’t mean they would marry.

To her he was only a friend - her best friend -  and she was sure that JinWoon thought the same about her.

“Just watch out that you don’t hurt anyone.”

“Don’t worry, there is nothing.” Sunny and JiYeon often told her, too, that she should just become a couple with Jinwoon. Why didn’t anyone listen to her?

JiYeon also told her that WooYoung – JinWoons male best friend and also part of the group – wanted them to become a couple.

After they finished the meal and washed everything up, Hyomin went upstairs to take a bath.

When she came into her room her phone suddenly began to rang.

She frowned as she looked at the display. An unknown number? Who was calling her?

“Yoboseyo?”

Hello, Hyomin-shi? Excuse me for calling so late.

“L-LeeJoon-shi?!”

Although she couldn’t see him, she knew that he was smiling.

“What is it?”

Well, I wanted to ask you if you could help me tomorrow.
”Sure.”, she immediately agreeed without knowing what the help would be about.

Great. I’ll meet you at the university tomorrow. Bye.

“Yeah, bye!”, Hyomin hung up and looked at her phone, “Why does he need my help anyway?”

She just shrugged and began to dry her hair.

Tomorrow she would see what LeeJoon needed help for.