Chapter 4

Bloody Business

The next morning HyoMin, who wanted to go to the universtiy, was surprised by JinWoon, who waited in front of her house.
”Good morning, Oppa.”, she said and he laughed a bit as he saw her expression.

He ruffled her hair: “Am I not allowed to wait for my best friend to go to university with her?”

She giggled: “Of course you are.”

JinWoon’s smile then turned to a worried and serious expression.

Slowly they began to walk down the street.

“HyoMin-ah, there’s something I want to talk about with you.”
”What is it?”, she asked while looking at the already clear sky.

“You know you are my best friend and that’s why I’m so worried about you.”, he began.

And also because I love you more than anything else, he added in his mind.

Now HyoMin looked at him and frowend: “What are you talking about?”

JinWoon stopped and grabbed her on her shoulders.

He looked in her eyes deeply: “HyoMin-ah, I think you should be careful about this LeeJoon guy.”

JinWoon didn’t know why but he had been alarmed since the first time they had met. It wasn’t just because he was scared he could take HyoMin away from him, there was more...

“I don’t want you to get hurt.”

HyoMin blinked at him. Then she smiled touched. “Aw, Oppa, you are so cute. But don’t worry I know what I’m doing. And LeeJoon-shi isn’t like he seems to be. He is so nice to me...”

She began to wring her hands and blushed. When he saw her looking like this while thinking about another guy his heart ached. He knew everything about her and of course he had known everything about the guys she had liked but he had never felt this threatend by anyone of them. Maybe it was because this time he wasn’t sure if he could keep up with him.

“But still...please be careful.”, he said and then smiled sadly, “And don’t forget that I’m always there for you.”

“Thank you, Oppa.”, she said and gave him a hug.

JinWoon enjoyed every second of this hug eventhough he knew it was nothing more than a hug between friends to her. But his joy was interrupted by the person he hated since the first moment they met.

“Good morning, HyoMin-shi.”

HyoMin pulled away from JinWoon and smiled brightly: “LeeJoon-shi! Good morning!”

With casual steps he came towards them.

“Good morning, JinWoon-shi.”, he said and JinWoon could clearly hear the arrogance in his voice.

“Good morning.”, he answered and grinded his teeth.

“What are you doing here, LeeJoon-shi? The university is in the other direction.”, HyoMin, who didn’t seem to notice the tension between the two men, asked.

“I wanted to pick you up but it seems like I was too late for that.”, LeeJoon said and scratched the back of his head while laughing a little.

“You wanted to pick me up?”, HyoMin immediately blushed. She was more than happy to hear that. “Uhm...oh, right! I wanted to buy something at the supermarket! J-Just wait here for me, okay?”, she then said and rushed off.

The left behind JinWoon and LeeJoon waved her before she dissapeared in the small supermarket.

Then JinWoon glanced at him with an icy look: “What are you up to?”

“I don’t know, what you’re talking about.”, LeeJoon answered indifferent.

“Don’t play dumb. You know exactly what I mean.”, he grabbed LeeJoon by his collar, “If you hurt HyoMin, I’ll kill you, got it?”

You want to kill me? Be careful with what you are trying to threaten me.”, LeeJoon said with a condescending smile.

JinWoon frowned and then pushed him away. “I warned you.”

With these words he turned around and went away.

LeeJoon crossed his arms and laughed silently, “If he knew...”

“Okay, we can go now, I’ve got...”, HyoMin called while she came back. As she arrived she raised an eyebrow, “Where’s Oppa?”

“He said he had something to do.”, LeeJoon lied and smiled, “Can we go now?”

“Oh, really? That’s a pity...okay, let’s go.”

 They continued to walk down the street. While HyoMin was busy with telling a story and rummaging in her back for something, LeeJoon’s lips were adorned with an evil smile.