Chapter 3

Bloody Business

LeeJoon stood leaning against the wall in front of the lecture hall and waited for HyoMin to come outside.

Besides her photography studies she also attended English and Japanese classes.

When she finally came outside of the lecture hall LeeJoon called her.

“Hi, LeeJoon-shi.”, she said and waved.

“Hey, can we go now?”

She blinked: “Where? I thought you needed my help with something?”

He smiled: “So you don’t want to?”

“Oh, of course! I said I would help you and so will I. I’m just a little bit confused.”

“You’ll see where we are going when we arrive.”, LeeJoon said and winked.

Still confused but also cuirous she nodded and they wnt outside the building.

While they walked across the campus HyoMin felt kind of shy and didn’t know what to talk about so they just walked side by side in silence.

When the arrived at LeeJoons car everyone’s eyes laid on them and HyoMin knew right away that rumours would start to spread. Why did people always have to gossip about the relationship of to people?

LeeJoon who didn’t seem to care started the car and drove away.

“Uhm...where are we ging?”, she finally asked.

“You really are an impatient girl, aren’t you?”, he chuckled.

“Of course I am. I think I’ve got the right to be curious because this is some kind of kid-napping.”

“Don’t worry, you’ll like it.”

She glanced at him for a second but didn’t say anything more. She looked out of the window and watched the things outside flow by and listened to the music of the radio.

LeeJoon was satisfied with that. His plan of getting closer to her had started. And it seemed to work pretty well. Now it was time for him to act like the nice guy.

After a while he noticed that HyoMin had fallen asleep. He looked at her. How could such an ordinary keep a secret which his boss would kill for to know? Well, he really killed people to know it.

To him she was just a normal girl with no special qualities. But he also knew that people sometimes aren’t what they seemed to be. He himself was a perfect example.

When they reached their destination he grabbed a bag from the back seat.

HyoMin who slowly woke up suddenly heard a familiar ‘click’ and opened her eyes.

She looked straight into a camera which LeeJoon held in his hands. Smiling.

“You...Did you...? Aww....I have to look so strange!”, she said laughing and whining at the same time.

“No, no, you look great.”, he said and took another picture of her pouting face.

“So...have we arrived?”, she asked and looked outside.

She couldn’t tell where she was.

“Yeah, we are. Let’s go.”

Full with curiousity and also a little nervousnedd she got out off the car and followed LeeJoon up a small hill.

A salty scent reached her nose and when she finally guessed where they were she saw the wide sea in front of her.

“Wah~ so nice...!”, she said enthusiastically and spread her arms.

The wind blew through her hair and she closed her eyes for a moment. Another ‘click’. She looked at LeeJoon again. “Why are you taking photos of me all the time?” “You said you would help me, didn’t you?”

She laid her head a little bit on the side: “Huh?”

“I wanted you to be my model.”

“....me?!”, she asked surprised and pointed at herself.

LeeJoon laughed: “Yes, you! Why are you so surprised? With your beauty you’re the perfect model.”

HyoMin blushed. She didn’t know how to react.

Although many guys had told her before she was pretty, she hadn’t been that happy about to hear it ever.  Of course LeeJoon noticed how her cheeks turned red. He had always been a master in flirting. No one ever taught him, he just naturally did it.

“Well...are you going to do it?”

“Sure! I mean, yes, I’ve already promised to help.”

He chuckled and then gave her a sign to go down to the beach.

Happily smiling HyoMin followed him and soon she ran like a little kid down to the beach.

LeeJoon stayed  behind her to take pictures. Whenever he had seen people taking pictures of something he had thought how stupid it was to try to keep memories. Especially in this way.

But now he thought it was kind of fun. Before he had started his mission his mentor had given him a camera to learn how to use it. Even though it wasn’t important he didn’t want LeeJoon to get bad grates.

“Look, look!”, HyoMin said and held up a shell, “Isn’t it pretty?”

He took a picutre: “Very pretty.”

She smiled brightly and they walked along the beach for some time before they sat down on a dune.

“Tell me, what do you need this pictures for?”, HyoMin asked and embraced her legs.

“The prof gave me the task of showing the meaning of youth and happiness.”, he explained. And it wasn’t even a lie. It had been a quite favourable coincidence. “And because you are the only one I could thought of as a model I asked you.”

Also she was the only person he knew.

“Then I hope to be a good help.” HyoMin always felt good when she knew she was a good help. Especially if it was about photography and support people on their way to fullfill their dream.

“Yesterday you told you had studied abroad.”, she then began, “How is it in America?”

“It’s pretty nice. But I really missed Korea. Especially the food..”

“Don’t you like the food there?”

“I’m quite picky. Luckily there were some korean restaurants.”, he said and winked.

“It has to be nice to get to know a knew culture.”

“Yeah... have you never been in another country?”

She shook her head and continued watching the waves, “We didn’t have the time to travel. My father had always been busy with his work and my mother had always been sickly so she couldn’t  go far away from the house.”

“And what about now? Why don’t you travel now?”, he asked.

“I’m too busy with studying and also I can’t leave my grandmother alone.”

“What’s with your parents?” Of course he knew about her parents, but he wanted her to tell him. If you tell something about yourself you automaticlly open yourself a little.

“My parents died a long time ago...”, she said and smiled sadly.

“Oh, I’m sorry...”, he said and acted like he really was.

“It’s all right, you couldn’t have known it.”

Great. She told something, even if it was just a little bit. For today it was enough – he would have to go small steps.

They continued sitting there and HyoMin began to talk about irrelevant topics to make the awkward silence go away.

It was already evening when he brought her home. He stopped the car in front of the house.

“Thanks for today.” “No problem, it was really nice.”, HyoMin answered and smiled.

“Then... good night...”

“Yeah good night.”, he said and HyoMin got out of the car.

She waved as a goodbye and he did the same before he drove away.

HyoMin stood there for about 5 minutes before she went inside the house with a big smile on her face.

The thing she didn’t know was that JinWoon had watched them.