Chapter 8

Bloody Business

The days after their short trip had made LeeJoon even more confused. He noticed how he tried to be near HyoMin as much as he could and not only because he had to. It was because he wanted to be by her side.

The fact that he became even nicer to her made HyoMin happy. You could say it was their happiest time together since they had known each other.

Even though LeeJoon tried to keep a distance to her, he fell even more. The more he tried, the more he was cast in her spell.

Of course the others noticed the change of their behaviour. But while JiYeon and Sunny were happy for their friend, JinWoon wasn’t pleased.

But what could he do? He wanted HyoMin to be happy and if LeeJoon is the one who would make her happy how could he ruin her happiness?

But still...he didn’t want them to be together. He had never really understood how people could say that they were happier if the person they liked hated rather than they loved another person, but now he knew. At this moment he would be happier if HyoMin hated him than loving another man.

On his way home he saw HoyMin and LeeJoon walking in front of him. Discretely he followed them. They seemed happy. Talking and laughing with each other about things he couldn’t hear.

If LeeJoon hadn’t came here now it would’ve been JinWoon who would walk home with her like that. Make her laugh and happy like that.

He knew that it has been his own fault. If he just had told her earlier... but she only saw him as a childhood friend anyways.

As they arrived at HyoMin’s house, they stopped. JinWoon also stopped and hid behind a parking car.

“I’ll see you tomorrow evening.”, LeeJoon said and smiled.

“Yeah, I’m looking forward to it.”, HyoMin answered. Both just smiled and then giggled. “I’m going now.”

“Have a safe trip.” She waved as a good bye and watched him walking down the street.

A happy smile was on her lips.

JinWoon waited until she went inside the house before he also went inside.

As the sun had already set he went outside on the balcony where he met HyoMin who was also sitting on her balcony with a cup of tea in her hands and a blanket around her shoulders.

“It’s nice, isn’t it?”, she asked. He knew that she wasn’t only talking about the mild weather.

“Yeah...”, he sat down on a small chair. Their balconies were seperated for only about 12 inches but JinWoon felt as if it was a big gap between them.

“I hope the weather will be nice tomorrow, too.”, she said and looked at her cup dreamingly.

“Do you have plans?”, he asked and his heart began to beat faster. She would probably go with LeeJoon.

HyoMin nodded: “LeeJoon-shi asked me to watch a movie together.”

He knew it. JinWoon forced himself to smile: “That’s nice...”

“I’m so happy that he asked me. I know that I shouldn’t, but I think he may likes me, too.”

JinWoon only looked at his hands and remained silent. He should tell her. Tell her about his feelings. Maybe she would decide to be with him. Probably not, but he should at least give it a try.

“HyoMin-ah, I-“ “You are my best friend, Oppa. I’m happy that I have someone I can talk to like this.”, she looked at him and smiled gently, “Thank you. Thank you for always being there for me. I hope we can stay like this forever.”

He looked at her in shock. He couldn’t. Now he couldn’t tell her anymore. She would be shocked and feel like she had hurt him. They probably wouldn’t be able to stay like this if he told her.

He gulped.

“I’m sorry, I interrupted you. What did you wanted to say?”, she asked.

Slowly he reached out his hand and her hair. He smiled. Sadly but also gentle, keeping his tears. “Me, too. I’ll be there for you. Whatever happens I’ll stay by your side and be the shoulder you can lean on.”

She grabbed his hand and caressed it. They just smiled at each other and then looked up to the sky where the moon and the stars were shining brightly.

If this was what would make her happy, he would bear it. As long as he could be by her side, he would be all right.

I love you...