Chapter 17

Bloody Business

7 years later

 

“Eomma! Appa! Hurry up~!” With quick steps she ran forward across the gravel. She was familiar with this place.

“HyoRin-ah, be careful to not stumble!”, her mother called but the girl continued her speed.

As she reached her goal, she stopped and waved at her parents. “I’m the first!”

Her parents smiled at her. They slowly walked together. His arm around her shoulder. She leaning against him. In her hand a bouquet of flowers.

They then stood beside HyoRin. “Have you said ‘Hello’, yet?”, her mother asked.

“I wanted to say ‘Hello’ with both of you.”, she said and grinned.

“Alright, then let’s say ‘Hello’.”, her father said.

All three of them then turned to the gravestone and bowed.

Her father taped her onto the shoulder. “Let’s walk around a bit and come back later. I think your mother wants to talk to him first.”

HyoRin looked up to her mother who was looking at the gravestone with a sad smile and nodded. Both of them left, leaving HyoMin behind. Carefully she placed the bouquet of white lilies in front of the gravestone. She then sat down in front of it.

“How have you been? I hope you are allright. Today is a special day. Do you remember? 7 years ago we’ve met the first time. I remember it, like it had been yesterday.”

Her glance fell on the ring she was wearing. “I’m sorry, that I don’t wear it on my finger anymore.” She touched the ring she was wearing with a necklace. “But I still wear it... I will never forget our time together... Oppa...”

Her fingers across the engraving of the gravestone.

 

Never forgotten

 

Lee Joon

1988 – 2012

 

Quickly she wiped away the tears which ran down her cheek and she smiled.

“Everytime I tell myself not to cry because I know that you wouldn’t be happy about it. But don’t worry. I’m happy. You will always have a special place in my heart. JinWoon keeps a good eye on me. The organisation has been caught completely now. They found all members who had hid. They also found the receipt. The governments scientists try to complete the work. Everything is alright now. Someday we will meet again.

I will always love you....LeeJoon Oppa...”

HyoMin then stood up. As her glance fell onto the small box beside the flower bouquet, she smiled. Tears started to fall down her cheeks again. She knew it. She had known it all along.

The box was empty. She slowly stood up, wiped the tears away and left.

She had never seen him again after they had told him he was dead. No dead body...

Not far from the graveyard was a group of weeping willows. It’s branches swaied in the wind.

The man was leaning against a tree. An awry smile on his lips. He looked down on his hand.

His fingers slightly brushed over the ring he wore. A tear dropped onto it.

“I love you, too...”


 

[a/n]

So, this is the end of 'Bloody Business'.

I'm kind of sorry and also sad that there is no happy ending but 'Bloody Business' had never been a story with a happy ending to me. I've been struggling with wether I should create a completely 'bad ending' or give HyoMin and LeeJoon a chance to meet each other again in a far future. I'm happy I've decided for the later.

I'm grateful for all of your support and that you've read this story until the end.

감사합니다 m(_ _)m