Chapter 9

Bloody Business

HyoMin was already standing in front of the house, checking her appearance in a small mirror.

As she saw LeeJoon walking towards her, she smiled brightly and waved.

She was so happy to see him. Since she hadn’t had any lessons today she had been even more excited.

“Hey.”, he said as he arrived.

“Hi.”, she answered still smiling.

Silently they began to walk down the street. They took the bus to the city which was quite full. It was early evening why many people had finished their work and were heading home.

Finally they began to talk about this and that but LeeJoon was kind of diverted.

All their way to the cinema he felt like someone was following them but he couldn’t find a suspicious person. He tried not to think about it anymore even though his senses never fooled him.

After they had bought the tickets and some popcorn, they went into the cinema hall and search some good seats.

“My friend told me that this film is good. I hope it is.”, HyoMin said and smiled apologetic.

“The most improtant things is that we can spend time together.”, LeeJoon answered and he was as surprised as HyoMin about his own words.

Both blushed and quickly looked away.

During the movie they were sitting there without moving, only observing what was happening on the screen.

But in their minds was chaos. The question in LeeJoon’s head which was always flowing around was: Should I? Or shouldn’t I? What would she think about it? And he would glance at her hand again and again.

HyoMin felt just the same insecure. Maybe I was wrong and he doesn’t like me...or he is shy? Should I do the first step? What would he think about it?

And she would glance at his face again and again.

After some time LeeJoon sighed noiseless and laid his arm on the armrest. To HyoMin it seemed just like an invitation to hold his hand. But was it all right for her to do that? Wasn’t it usually the guy who would take the initiative?

She gulped. If he wouldn’t like it, he would show it, wouldn’t he? Slowly she moved her hand closer to the armrest. She lifted it a little and stopped. But what if he doesn’t like it? Wouldn’t it ruin the evening?

Now she wasn’t sure anymore if her idea was good or bad. Indecisive she still held her hand close to his.

Suddenly she felt how his hand took hers. The warmth of his crawled up her arm and made her shiver. Shyly she looked up to him. Although it was quite dark at the moment she could see that he blushed a little. His glance seemed to be glued to the screen. HyoMin smiled happily and then turned back to the screen. It had been a good idea.

After the movie had finished they left the hall – still holding hands. Noone said a word just as if they feard to destroy the moment. So they left the cinema silently, holding hands and enjoying the moment of luck.

It was the first time for LeeJoon to feel this happy about holding someone’s hand. If he thought about it, it also was the first time he actually held the hand of someone.

As they walked through the shopping streets, surrounded by many people and the light of the signes and street lights, they looked like a normal couple.

When they passed by a small shop, HyoMin liked, he noticed how she looked at it.

“Do you want to go inside?”, he asked.

She only nodded and they went inside.

It was a shop which selled dacorations, books, dishes, writing untensiles and even some clothes. You could compare it with a second-hand shop.

Curious if there was something new, HyoMin walked through the shop, looking at the things.

Although he didn’t want to, LeeJoon let go of her hand. It wasn’t easy to walk through the small corridors while holding hands. Both were dissapointed and sad about, but noone showed it.

As LeeJoon walked pass a corner with jewlery he stopped.

In movies he had often seen guys buying a necklace or a ring for the girl they liked. Also in the movie they had watched today, the guy did it.

HyoMin who had been looking at some cups came back to him. “What are you looking for?”, she asked and looked at the jewlery. She hadn’t expected him to like those kind.

He looked at her and then back at the jewlery. Just a necklace would be quite unspectacular, he thought. Then he looked at the rings. He found some which seemed to be couple rings.

While HyoMin was looking at some earrings, he took a pair and tapped her on the shoulder. Surprised she turned around.

Carefully he grabbed her hand and slowly put on the ring.

HyoMin’s eyes widened. He put on the other ring and showed it to her.

“One for you and one for me.”, he said and smiled.

Still surprised and touched at the same time, she didn’t know what to answer. The only thing she was able to do, was to nod.

Then LeeJoon went to pay the rings, leaving HyoMin behind who was looking at the ring.

Her face was hot and red. The happiness she felt in this moment couldn’t be described.

After that they left the shop and went back home. This time HyoMin was the one to bravley grab his hand.

As they finally arrived at HyoMin’s house, she turned to him, smiling happily.

“Today was really nice. Thank you.”

“Yeah, we should repeat it.”

Shyly she looked into his eyes, squeezed his hand and then went into the house.

LeeJoon stood in front of it for a while, before he finally turned around and left. His hands were in his pockets and he was smiling brightly. He couldn’t remember the last time he had smiled so honestly.

Then he heard a sound and quickly turned around. A shadow escaped into a small street. So his feeling hadn’t been false. There had been someone who had followed them!

He then acted as if he didn’t notice the person and began to walk again. As he turned into another small street, he waited.

Then a person appeared in front of him. He quickly grabbed the person at the neck and pressed him against the wall.

“As good as always.”, a familiar voice said. The light of a passing car lighted up the face of his pursuer.

“ChanSung?” Slowly LeeJoon let go of the man who was smiling self-satisfied.

“Didn’t expect to meet me, huh?”

“What are you doing here?” For ChanSung to be here wasn’t a good sign.

He moved his head from side to side and rubbed his neck: “Man, your grib is really strong.”

“What are you doing here?”, LeeJoon repeated.

ChanSung crossed his arms: “And I thought you may had missed me. Well, I’m here to check if you are still doing your job.”

“What...?”

“You know how impatient my father is. He wants the receipt. He’s tired of waiting.”

LeeJoon was shocked. On the one hand because he had never been checked on his mission. Noone had ever doubted he could fail. And on the other hand because he had totally forgotten what he were here for.

“Don’t worry, you still have some time. But if you won’t make it soon, I’ve got the permission to manage this myself.”

Still shocked he didn’t know what to answer.

“Well, I’ll go now. See ya!” And with that ChanSung got on a motorcylce which was standing in the shadows near them.

LeeJoon didn’t turn around as ChanSung drove away. With a vacant look in his eyes, he looked at the ground. Only thinking about what he should do now.

He wasn’t able to complete his mission anymore...