Chapter 15

Bloody Business

“Were are we?”, HyoMin asked as she got out of the car.

“I’m not allowed to tell you that. Since we are an undercover organisation, we have to keep it a secret.” Somehow she felt quite uncomfortable. She didn’t know where she was. She didn’t know anything.

Slowly she followed ChanSung down a stair into a cellar. The wasn’t much light what made her feel even more uncomfortable.

He led her intoUChapterChapteC a room. With the man who had drove the car always following.

The room was almost as dark as the corridor. Only a lamp above a table which stood in the middle of the room spent some light.

“Welcome back, ChanSung.”, the older man said who was sitting at the table.

His cold smile made her get goose bumps.

“And welcome, Park HyoMin-shi. Please sit down.”

Slowly she followed the invitation. The fact that the men were standing close behind her just as if they wanted to be sure to be able to grab her anytime, didn’t make her feel better.

Before ChanSung also sat down, he whispered something to the man. His eyes widened a little and his expression became even colder.

“It seems like you don’t know anything about the bacterium your father had invented.”

She nodded. Fear slowly crawled up her back.

“And you don’t know anywhere he could’ve hid  the receipt?” She shook her head.

“You live with your grandmother, right?”, he then asked. was dry. “Yes. Why...?”

He looked at some men who had been standing in the shadows. “Go, maybe she knows something about it. And thoroughly search the house.”

HyoMin’s eyes widened. “What-“

ChanSung smiled and shook his head in amusement. “You still haven’t got it, do you?”

Slowly she began to understand and her eyes widened even more. But as she wanted to get up and run away, the men behind her grabed her.

“But-! What-!”

“LeeJoon had betrayed us. He wanted to run away with you, so we had to pick it up ourselves.”, he explained, “But since you don’t know anything... the best method would be to search your house and ask your grandmother. After all she is the mother of your father.”

“No! Don’t-!”, as the man gave a sign, one of the men covered . The other one grabbed her arms.

“Of course we don’t want you to miss how we ask your grandmother about the receipt. And maybe it will make you remember something. But until then...good night.” She then was hit at her temple and lost her conciousness.