Chapter 11

Bloody Business

It was dark night. The man’s face was marked with fear. A film of sweat covered his forehead, his breathing was fast.

He kept his eyes glued to the gun which pointed at his face.

It was barely recognizable due to the minimal light in the alley.

A minute passed. Two minutes passed. Nothing happened.

The fearful man was still breathing heavily under the pressure of his oncoming death and the owner of the gun still hand’t pulled the trigger.

It was nerve wracking for both of them.

“P-Please...! Let me go...! I’ve got family and-“

“Shut up.”, he silently said.

“I don’t want to die yet, I’ll do everything you –“

“Shut up.”, he repeated.

“I’ll-“

“Damn, shut up!”, he then raised his voice and almost yelled at the man who immediately whimpered. He had been able to keep the tears but now they were flowing like waterfalls.

He sighed. Great. This made the situation even worse.

Slowly he lowered the gun. Depressed he masseged the bridge of his nose.

The man was clearly confused. With shaky legs he stood up and looked at the shadow which had pointed the gun at him one moment ago.

“Go.”

“Wha-“

“Go!”

With big eyes the man looked at the man who was standing in the shadows. It took a long moment until he realized the situation and finally ran away.

As the quick steps died away, he slammed his fist against the wall and cursed.

“What have I done...? What happens to me...?”

Did he really just had a target ran away? Did he really hadn’t been able to complete the mission?

What had happened to him? To him, the best of the best...LeeJoon.

He turned his back to the wall and slipped to the ground. The gun laid beside him and shimmered in the dim light.

That he wouldn’t be able to complete his main mission anymore had been clear but these small missions...somehow he wasn’t able to do it anymore.

As he saw the face of this man, full of fear, he didn’t only see the face of the man but also a woman and two children. The man had family. Maybe he had even more children. How would their life be without their father?

Maybe their mother wouldn’t be able to raise them alone.

He remembered the man he had killed weeks ago and the little girl who had watched the scenery.

Regret. That was what he felt. The first time in his life he regreted to have killed a person and the first time in his life he sympathized with someone.

Everything had changed just because of one girl. But it was a good change, wasn’t it?

It was something to keep, wasn’t it? He was able to feel again...

ChanSung’s face came to his mind and he pulled a face with despair.

What should he do?

He might already had found out about LeeJoon’s feelings. It could all end tonight.

It felt like someone stabbed his heart as he imagined HyoMin’s dead  cold body.

No, he wouldn’t let it end like this. He had an idea. Although he knew it was a stupid plan, he would choose this way. There wasn’t much time anymore. 

It had to happen as fast as possible.

Tonight.