“No bird soars too high, if he soars with his own wings.” – William Blake

Drabbles

A ball of paper flew towards the trash can, narrowly missing it, followed by another and another and yet another one.

                A groan of frustration escaped Kyuhyun’s lips as he threw another one; the fact that it went in the trash can giving him an almost inexistent amount of delight. How was he supposed to reach his dreams of being an excellent songwriter when he can’t even write a decent piece for the contest he was joining? He shouldn’t bother joining anymore, considering how he was failing miserably. He had been working for a couple of days now and the deadline was getting closer and closer... but he had nothing worth submitting. Maybe this was a sign that he should listen to his parents and just go be a doctor or something.

“Giving up shouldn’t be an option, Cho.”

He scowled at the newcomer that just entered his room unannounced. “Easy for you to say.”

“You haven’t come up with anything yet?” A look of concern coloured Sooyoung’s face as she crossed the room to where he and his study table were.

“I at this.” The curly haired man ran a frustrated hand down his face.

“Maybe you just need help?” She suggested, taking a seat on his bed and facing him.

Kyuhyun shook his head, staring at yet another blank page of paper on his table. “It’s okay, Soo. I don’t want to give you a headache like mine. I can do this.”

“Nonsense. Everyone could use a little help every now and then.” Taking of her shoes, she swung her long legs and placed them on the bed, using one of his pillows to prop her up against the headboard. “You need to focus on things or people who give you inspiration. You could focus on things you like or experiences you had in that past, too. Let’s see… Write a song about your parents? Maybe you can write one on how you’re trying to achieve your dreams…”

                She continued to prattle on and on, listing possible inspirations for his song for the competition but he was no longer listening. Kyuhyun had his focus on her; her intellect and desire to always help others not going by unnoticed by him. He had always thought of her as someone unlike no other; beautiful, charming, witty, just plain mesmerizing… not like he was going to admit that to her anytime soon. It was at that moment that an invisible light bulb above his head and, despite the fact that Sooyoung could talk on and on, he turned his attention back to the blank piece of paper, picking up his pen and writing a title on the top of the page.

The Girl I Love
Written by: Cho Kyuhyun