Medal

Drabbles

                A ghost of a smile made its way to Sooyoung’s lips as her fingers touched the cool metal of the medal hanging against the wall. It seemed like yesterday when she first worn it, when her parents had put it around her neck during graduation. She had graduated valedictorian of her high school batch and had received every special award there was. To top it all off, every college she had applied for accepted her and she had promised her parents that she would think very hard about where she was going.

Boy, what a lie that was.

                Letting the medal slide off her fingertips, she fought hard to push the feeling of disappointment that was brewing in her. She was everything her parents could ever want in a daughter and she was moments away from destroying that. She wasn’t going to college. No, she wasn’t even sure if she was using her God given intellect at the moment.

“Soo, are you ready? Your parents are coming home in an hour.”

                Turning away from the medal, her eyes locked with Changmin’s; the eyes that captivated her and the ones that she could drown herself into forever. She was definitely not using her mind anymore. She was going to use her heart. People could call her young and reckless but they’d never understand. She loved him and she’d want to be wherever he would be. So when he confessed that he was actually part of a gang and that he had to go away because of a fight that his gang had with another, she knew just what she had to do.

Glancing at the suitcase full of her things by his side, she nodded. “I’m ready.”

Taking one last look at the medal, at who she could’ve been, Sooyoung ran away with Changmin