The Memory

Drabbles

                A sad sigh escaped Sooyoung’s lips as she looked out at the sunset, burying her feet beneath the soft, white sand. She was a frequent visitor of the pristine beach but for the past one and a half years, and she had been going there on her own. It was very much different from going there with the love of her life in the past. She had gone there alone countless times but the feelings in her heart hadn’t changed. Choi Sooyoung still longed for Park Jungsoo.

“Two years will fly by. You won’t even notice it.” He assured her as soon as she found about his final military enlistment date.

Sooyoung shook her head stubbornly; the strong wind from the waters scattering her hair all over the place. “No, it won’t.”

“You and I know that I don’t have a choice.” The dark haired man reminded her softly, wrapping his arms around her to keep her warm. “I don’t want to go as much as you don’t want me to.”

“I know, oppa.” She sighed as he pulled her so that her back was against his chest. “I don’t know what I’m going to do while you’re gone. I think I’ll go crazy. I’ll start talking to your pictures when I miss you so much.”

Leeteuk rested his chin on her shoulder as they stared off into the horizon. He knew that it was one of the last few times that they would get to be together in their favorite beach before he left. “When you miss me too much that it gets harder to bear, go here. I’m sure all of our memories will keep you company.”

                Sooyoung knew that she was still a couple of months away from seeing him again. She still had to wait a little longer to hug him, kiss him and see him quirk his dimpled smile that she missed so much. But as the sky turned into a vast space colored by different hues of red, orange, pink, yellow and purple and the wind grew colder and stronger around her, Sooyoung knew she’ll be just fine.

Because she had their memories to keep her company