“We are all travellers in the wilderness of this world, and the best that we find in our travels is an honest friend.” – Robert Louis Stevenson

Drabbles

               Sooyoung let out a sigh as she glanced around her bedroom, trying to memorize every detail of it. She was going to terribly miss sleeping in her own bed every night. Pulling one of her two suitcases off her bed, she fought hard to supress the tears that were threatening to leak past her eyes. Even the simple fact that she was going to miss her bedroom was nearly enough to stop her plans but she knew that it was just the first taste of loneliness and longing she was going to feel for the next weeks, months or even years.

                Slinging the strap of her carry-on bag over one of her shoulders, each hand griped the handle of each of her suitcases. Taking one last look at her room to check if she had forgotten anything, she forced herself out of it and pretty much dragged her suitcases down the stairs. Finding herself in the living room of her home, she looked at the place one last time. It was her home but it was starting to not feel like it… especially now that her whole family was gone, taken from her by a car accident. A part of her wanted to stay and hold on to the memory of her family. But she knew she couldn’t. She had to find herself and start over on her own. She had to find the Choi Sooyoung whom she lost along with her family.

                Letting one tear roll down her face, she carried her things out of the front door. She had given her most trusted relative, her cousin named Siwon, all the instructions she wanted to give about her home, the people who were bound to ask where she was and everything in between. She was half-expecting him to be the one standing outside her house but instead she found the one person she didn’t want to see (sort of) leaning against her car.

“Were you planning to say goodbye?”

She hastily wiped the tear off her face. “You’re not going to stop me. How did you even know?”

“Who says I’m trying to stop you?” Donghae folded his arms over his chest, still leaning against her car. “By all means, you’re free to go.”

A stab of pain pierced her heart. Was he really that willing to let her go? “Step away from my car, please. Goodbye, Donghae oppa.”

“Look again.”

A questioning look crossed her face, quickly replaced by one of realization when she saw his luggage by his feet. “What…”

“Did you really think I won’t go with you?” He shook his head, pushing himself off the car. “What kind of guy will I be if I did that?”

“I’m leaving because I need to find myself.” Sooyoung whispered; tears b her eyes once more. "I need to."

The brown haired man walked to where she stood, smiling reassuringly as soon as he was close enough. “I’m not going to let you do it on your own, Soo. I wanna be there… every step of the way.”

“Donghae oppa…”

“C’mon, I’ll drive.” He reached out a hand to her. Though he was still smiling, his tone challenged her to contradict him… the one thing she knew was pointless to do when it came to him. “Where to?”

She could only sigh once more, placing her hand in his while her free hand dragged one of her suitcases with her. “You do know that we’re still going to talk about this, right? You just can’t leave your life here to come with me.”

“Oh, I know.” He grinned, taking her second suitcase with him. “You just can’t leave your life here and leave me too, you know. We’ll find what you want to find… together. That's a promise.”