The Shield

Drabbles

“OPPA!” Sooyoung shrieked as she found herself being lifted from the smooth, sandy shore by a pair of strong arms. “Put me down!”

“Are you sure?” Jaejoong raised his eyebrows as he adjusted her in his arms, walking as he did so.

She rolled her eyes but she nodded nonetheless. “Yes, please.”

                But instead of feeling the sand beneath her feet, the short haired brunette let out a scream as she was unceremoniously dumped into the salty waters. She hurriedly got to her feet, realizing that the water reached her mid-thigh. Sooyoung glared at Jaejoong, who was nearly in tears because of laughing so hard, before she splashed him with as much water as she could.

He made a face, looking down at his now drenched white shirt that clung to his body. Peeling it off of him and throwing it to the shore, he smirked at her. “You’re going to pay for that.”

“Bring it on.” Sooyoung smirked back at him, receiving a splash of water to the face for her efforts.

                Just like two kids, the pair drenched each other with water much to the amusement of those watching around them. Sooyoung squealed as she fell first into water, standing up as fast and stable as the water would allow her but nearly slipping in the process. Trying to wipe her face dry, Sooyoung felt familiar strong arms around her waist. Looking at Jaejoong questioningly once she was able to open her eyes, she silently asked him why he was holding her against his chest. Sooyoung opened to speak when she felt a strong pressure hit Jaejoong’s body, causing him to slightly lose his footing. Sooyoung saw water around them surge towards the shore and she finally understood what just happened.

“That was a really strong wave.” He commented as he steadied himself.

For some reason, she stayed in his arms.