Introduction

Customary Tradition

 

Chapter 1: Introduction

[Earth]

*Bratatatatat!! Bratatatatatat!!*

The usual “armalite gun shot” alarm can be heard from the twin’s room. This means that it is already time for them to jump off their comfy double deck beds and prepare for school.

“Rina! Turn the alarm off please! It is really annoying.” The still half awake twin brother exclaimed to his sister. He was on the upper deck and he hates the alarm set by his sister.

Rina banged the alarm clock several times since she usually misses until finally it came to a stop.

“Come on Yuto… we need to get up before mom would…” She was suddenly cut off when they heard a loud and familiar shout from the first floor.

“Rina!! Yuto!! Hurry! Breakfast is ready! You don’t want to eat a cold pancake right?!”

That is Nakajima Yumi, their ever loving and cheerful mother who is always on time on making their breakfasts before going to school.

They both fixed themselves and put on their uniforms. Today is an ordinary day for both of them. Aside from their usual activities in school, trainings and stuff, this is expected to be a usual day… or so they thought.

“Rina?! Yuto?!” a gorgeous and a really beautiful looking guy shouted outside while ringing his bike’s bell.

“Owh! There’s Kei! Go now Rina! Yuto! Here’s your lunch! Take care at school ok!”  their mother said while handing them their color coded lunchboxes and giving them both a kiss and a hug as their usual way of saying goodbyes for school.

Yuto rode on his bike while Rina (as usual) rode on Kei’s bike. It has always been their routine on going to school. Kei is their senior and lived nearby. They have been good friends since they were little children and they always go to school together.

“Ne Rina! Why do you always ride on Kei’s bike?! Why not ride here on my bike?!” Yuto asked his little sister with the plans of teasing her of course. “Tell me, do you like Kei?” with a smirk on his face, he tries to confirm what Rina really thinks. Honestly, he is still not sure whether her sister likes Kei or not. For a certain reason, he himself feels really comfortable with him, like he has been a good friend even before they were born. A weird feeling he can’t explain.

“Yuto… if you are trying to tease me or to confirm anything if I have feelings towards this ever beautiful guy, which is way more beautiful than me, well let me clarify it AGAIN once and for all. No… I don’t like him romantically but I like him and how many times have I said that already?! I don’t know why but I feel comfortable with him.”

Rina explained while tugging tight on Kei. They had always treated Kei as their older brother and he has always been there to give them advices and look over them. Even Rina is confused why she doesn’t have any other feelings for Kei.

“Come on you two… you don’t need to discuss these things with me here and while we are on our way to school right? Besides, how many times do you need to talk about it?! I wonder why you won’t like me? I mean come on! I am like the smartest guy in school. Not to mention being the head of the student guidance council’s peer facilitator plus being the president of the student council.” Kei said while still focusing on driving his bike and he felt a slap on his back.

“Ouch! Rina! That hurts!”

“Sorry, what was that you are saying a while ago? I wasn’t listening” Rina teased though she really heard it all and she is used to it already.

“Kei, you forgot to mention being the most beautiful guy in school and also the most scaredypants as well…”

Yuto suddenly butted in while sticking his tongue out.

Kei was about to protest but they already reached the school grounds. The bell already rang and they bid their goodbyes as they ran towards their rooms. Luckily they made it on time and the classes began. 

After the class Yuto received a text message which says:

“Yuto! Let us meet near the fountain! I am going to give something to you! Hurry! :D”

He quickly stood and grabbed his bag which shocked his sister which is also his classmate.

“Oy! You seem to be in a hurry?! Where are you going?” Rina is used to see Yuto to be the last one to go out of the room so seeing him in a hurry is quite unusual.

“I am going to meet someone because of that something that he’ll give me. Would you like to go home first or will you wait for me?”

“Don’t worry; I am going to the library to do some research regarding our assignment. Just give me a ring when you’re finished then lets meet at the gate.” 

“Ok! Got it! Jyaa!”

Yuto ran excitedly at the fountain where he is supposed to meet him. Though he is surprised and he still doesn’t know what it is that he will be getting. He didn’t care since he also like surprises. He stood in front of the fountain and looked at his reflection on the water. He also noticed another person’s reflection but before he could even react, he felt a pair of hands behind his back and before he knew it, he was pushed into the fountain and fell deeper and deeper and deeper like there is no end to it.

Meanwhile…

Rina went to the library and saw one of her seniors.

“Rina chan! I have a favor to ask you…” Her lady senior (which is also the student council secretary)  said while carrying dozens of folders.

“What is it?” It has been a while since they last talked but she felt something weird today…

“Would you please look for this book and check if there are something inserted in the pages? I think I left an important note there and I need to find it before somebody else does but I also need to give these files back to the student councils room for review. Please Rina-chan!”

She gave her a puppy dog eyes and Rina can’t resist it and agreed. Her senior gave her the card catalog and she immediately looked for it.

It was a weird ancient book. Not to mention dusty… which made her quite suspicious but still, she decided to open the book to see if there is anything inserted in it.

As soon as she opened the book, she felt a strong gust of wind and she felt like she fell into a never ending portal…

[Meanwhile]

“Your highness! Your mother wants to see you again.” Exclaimed the head teacher as he comes rushing to his prince while still carrying a set of books.

“Again?! I just talked to her a while ago? What is it again?” the annoyed first prince exclaimed back to the head teacher which is still gasping for his breath.

“I am sorry your highness… but the queen didn’t tell me why… she just said that it is urgent and that you should see her in her room NOW. She even emphasized the word NOW.”  The head teacher said as he bows his head and finally was able to breathe normally.

“Ok fine! I will go there. Hopefully this is important. Did she also call my other brothers?!”

“Yes your highness. They are already there waiting for you.”

“What! Why didn’t you say so in the first place?! Anyway, I got to go...” The auburn haired first prince ran as fast as he could to reach his mothers room where he found…