Her Perspective

Vulnerable

After a relaxing bath, Jina was a bit restless.  She had tried to sleep, but something was bothering her.  The simple old bracelet that she always wore was now mocking her.  It was tempting her to go pick it up and looked at it.  So that his name could be read and thought about.  She laid in bed thinking about him; how he seemed so sure of himself.

She remembered how he carved his name into her bracelet.  She remembered his touch, the moment his hand met hers.  She remembered him snatching away her CD.  She remembered how his hand was on her thigh.

“What kind of person is that?  Charming, flirty…full of himself…”, she started out in a dreamy tone, but then ended in an angry one. 

Rolling over onto her back, she stared at the ceiling.  But no matter how hard she tried, she just couldn’t fall asleep.

“I need to go for a walk”, she finally decided.  Picking up a sheer silk sweater that reached down to her thighs, she put it over her body clad in lingerie.  Jina felt trapped when she wore actual clothes like a shirt to bed.  With just the essentials, she was good to go.

It was a bit late in the night and she was sure that everyone else was sleeping except guards.  Tippy-toeing out of her room, she started her journey.  The wind had picked up a bit tonight so she pulled her sweater over her tight.

Rain also decided to accompany the wind as a slow drizzle descend among the planet.  Somehow, her feet dragged her to back spot she was at just a few hours ago.  The garden had now given off a mysterious aura unlike its earlier romantic feel.  The fountain had stopped flowing and the moon was shielded by the clouds.

“I love this weather”, Jina whispered to herself as she smiled.  Fallen leaves blew into the palace and blew past her bare feet. There was a few small stairs that connected the covered patio to the open garden.  Sitting on the edge of those stairs, she looked out to see the backside of the palace.  Beyond all the plants and trees, she could see the outline of the planet.

Tucking her long brown hair behind her ear, she sighed thinking about her future.  A week ago, her father had talked to her about it.  He had given her some options; some that she thought was bearable, others that she didn’t like.  He had told her about becoming future queen of Zyx, finding a husband, or working in and out of the palace; helping others.  Now, she didn’t mind helping others, but once in her life she wanted to do something for herself.  There was also too much pressure on becoming queen.  She didn’t like pressure.  There was no favorable choice for her.

“I wish I had enough guts to run away”, she spoke softly so that no one could hear.  Many times before she had thought of running to where no one could find her.  But, she couldn’t just leave like that. 

“Then do it”, a male’s voice called out to her and she jumped in her seat.  Turning around she rolled her eyes when she saw who it was.

“Why are you always interrupting my quiet time?”  Jina was surprised to see him, yet knew it was coming.  He always had the element of surprise on her; Jina didn’t like surprises.

“Well, it’s fun”, Baekhyun smirked and sat down next to her.  He was wearing a black sweatshirt, and gray sweats.

“Not for me”, Jina replied scooting away from him slightly.  They were sitting pretty close.

“Oh come on, you know you enjoy my company”, he crossed his arms over his legs.  He was happy to have stumbled upon her again.

“Sure”, Jina said sarcastically.  Pushing more hair out of her face, she looked out into the distance.  Her lingerie was showing a bit, but she noticed and covered herself more.

“Why are you always so distant”, he suddenly asked and Jina turned her head to look at him.

“Well…First, I don’t really have anyone to talk to.  Second: I like the silence and third…because I can be.”  Jina had never really given any thought to that.  She always just went along with her day not minding anyone.

“Well you can talk to me”, Baekhyun delicately said and looked Jina seriously in the eyes.  His heart was beating; not to the point where it was on overdrive, but to a comfortable rhythm. 

Jina felt a pang in her heart when she heard him say those words.  No one had ever told her that, not even her sister.  She was confused at how those words made her feel.  All she knew was it was something new, something different.

Baekhyun studied her as she never responded.  “She has brown eyes...dark brown hair.  Long eyelashes, a slim face and body.  And that skin, it looks so soft.  It is soft”, he thought to himself.  Then, he noticed her shiver as the gust of wind ripped through the palace.

“The weather is so different here than on Exo”, Baekhyun chuckled and took off his sweatshirt.  Jina took noticed and held his hand down before he could pull the sweatshirt over his stomach.

“Please don’t be that guy”, Jina looked a bit hurt.

“Excuse me?”  Baekhyun was confused.  What kind of guy is she talking about?

“You know!  The type of guy who tries to act like Prince Charming.  The one who always tries to be the gentlemen”, Jina frowned and looked at her feet.

“Don’t girls usually like gentlemen?”  Now he was truly confused.  Is this girl messed up or am I just weird?

“Well I am not a girl!” Jina huffed, exasperatedly. 

Baekhyun started to think some weird things…”So wait…are you saying that you’re a boy?”

“No…I didn’t mean that.  I mean that I am not that type of girl!  I am not someone you can use just as a toy.  I am not someone who you can sway easily just by acting like a gentleman.  My walls can’t be broken down that easily”, Jina stood up.  Her long sweater dropped to her sides so that they weren’t covering her lingerie underneath.

Baekhyun’s eyes traveled down her body; his heart finally beating faster.

“You see what I mean?  When it comes down to everything, all you care about is getting into my pants”, she proved her point, covering herself up.

“I…was…just surprised.  You suddenly stop up and revealed your body to me.   What else was I supposed to do?  Just take my sweatshirt…seeing me not as a gentle man, but as a friend”, Baekhyun took off his sweatshirt and tossed it to her.

This time is was her turn to stare at as body.  His bare chest was showing without the sweatshirt. 

“Plus, I am not the only ert here”, Baekhyun snickered as he saw Jina’s eyes.

She snapped out of the trance and took her sweater off.  Baekhyun took a big gulp when he saw her full body without the sweater. Jina threw the sweater in his face and slipped his sweatshirt on.  When she was done, she retrieved her sweater and pulled her hair out form inside the sweatshirt.

“I wasn’t trying to be ‘that guy’, ok?  I was just trying to be nice”, Baekhyun felt a bit hurt now.  Is that how she really thought about him?

Jina realized how mean her words sounded. 

“I’m sorry…I didn’t realize…”, she said, but he cut her off.

“Hey, it’s ok.  If that was your first impression then that’s the way it is”, he tucked his hands into his pockets and nodded to her.

Looking to the ground, he started to walk back to his room.

“Damn, I just wanted to go for a walk to refresh myself.  But, now I feel a bit down.  Just great”, Baekhyun sighed and went up the elevator.

Meanwhile, Jina sat back down on the stairs, clutching her sweater in her hands.

She felt warmer in his sweatshirt.  It had this smell to it; it had his scent.

“I came out here to relax, but now I feel guilty.  Why does this always happen to me?”  She groaned and picked herself up.  Walking back to her room, she thought of possible ways to approach him again to apologize.

Jumping back into her bed, she finally fell asleep with his sweatshirt still on.

 

 =============================

 

hehehe..updated.   I need exo to get on a freaking show like hello baby or sesame player asap!  lol I am such an impatient fan.  music shows and fansigning is not enough.  hahahaha lol ok enough of my mini spaz.

Thanks for reading!  remember to subscribe and comment!  thanks <3

Stay tuned...