Jellyfish

Vulnerable

Baekhyun's POV

 

I could smell the damp rain as I woke up.  It was a bummer that it rained on our “first date”, but also a blessing.  It’s how I got this little angel in my arms.  Wait…did I just call her a little angel?  Her face was snuggled into my bare chest.  Even though we had minimal clothes on, it was still a bit warm in the tent from the slight humidity and body heat.

  It was a bit dark outside still and I needed her to wake up so she can see the sun rise.  It’s always a special sunrise in Exo.  I made a floating light in the tent and went to go check my phone.  I had millions of text messages waiting for me.  I checked the time and it was 5:45.  Sunrise comes up at around 6:15.  Ok, I’ll let her sleep some more. 

Slowly and carefully I slipped away from her and went out of the tent.  I needed to clean everything up because her father only gave me permission to take her out until 7 am.  So I cleaned up and put her tent back together, packed up all the equipment, all less than 15 minutes.  What can I say?  When you have the power of light, you can’t help, but move like light too. 

It was a bit brighter when I entered inside my tent again.  To my surprise, Jina was half up and half asleep.  Her hair was really messy.   It was actually kind of standing up.  She sat on the ground and rubbed her eyes.  Then she yawned and looked me, a bit confused.  She looked around the tent.  “What I am I doing in your tent?”

I sighed.  So she forgot all about last night…

“You came in here all wet, asking to sleep with me” I moved towards my things and put them away.

“I did what?”  She seemed shocked.  Probably because of my word choice.  But, I decided to let it sink in.

“Oh, right.  Sorry about that.  I usually like rainy weather and will fall asleep in it.”   She looked at my shirtless body. 

“Sorry about your shirt.  You’ve must have been cold.”

I sniffled.  “Not really, you gave me warmth.”  I smiled at her and she threw a pillow at me.

“Ewww!  You turned back into greasy Bacon!”

“Oh, I know you like grease; especially with my bacon.”  I wiggled my eyebrows at her and she squirmed back into the sheets.

I went to pull her up.  “No, you can’t go back to sleep.  You have to see the sun rise!  I can already see the light.”  I tried to pull her up by her wrists, but she pulled down with her body weight.

“Fine, you asked for it.”  Moving quickly with the help of my powers, I pulled her body so that it was over my shoulder.  Coming out of the tent, I could see the bright sun peering up into the sky.  It gave off a soft green light unlike the sun in Zyx.  Zyx’s sun gave off the standard yellow. 

“Yah, Baekhyun!  Your making my shirt come off” she squealed.  I realized that as I walked, her my shirt shifted little by little off body.  I could see her undies.

“Relax, I’ve seen you in full underwear before.  Don’t act like you don’t want me to see it.”   I don’t get girls sometimes.  They try to act insecure when they really aren’t.

“That was different!  We weren’t in this kind of relationship yet.”  I rested her upon a stump.

“So Jina, tell me what kind of relationship we are in then.”  I gave her a cocky smile.  In response she rolled her eyes.  The sun started to come up more now and I decided it was time for the show.

“Just sit right here, ok?  Be amazed!”  I walked about a few feet away from her and closed my eyes.  Earlier in my years, I’d always hang out in the forest like a creeper and discovered a new species that only seem to respond to me.  I dragged Chanyeol out here before and asked him to command these species.  They ended up beating him up.  So, I called out for them.  Within in seconds, I could hear slight movements in the air.  They came out from the tree, floating lifelessly around.  They looked like jellyfish and they need the sun rise to activate. 

 

“What the hell is that?”  She stood up next to me.

“Your morning entertainment” I lifted my hands and the jellyfish things moved up.  The beginning sunlight shone on them and them all glowed different colors.  I heard Jina gasp as she stepped out to touch some.  I order some of them to come near her.  She touched them and their color rubbed off on her skin.  It looked like she used paint to draw a rainbow on herself.  But, the color started to fade.  She smiled at it all.  I love her smile.  She looked back at me and motioned me to come towards her.  It was really bright now and the jellyfish were in their prime. 

“They’re beautiful” she whispered as she held my hand and reached out for one.

“Thank you” she gave me a trademark smile.  I wrapped my hand around her waist and surprisingly, she kissed me right on my jawline.   Awww this girl…

“You’re welcome.”  I kissed her back on the cheek.                     

“Do we really have to go back?”  She reached out again for the jelly fish.  Sunrise was already starting to end and some jellyfish headed back to where they came from. 

“Yes.  Your dad only gave me permission to take you out until 7 and its 6:50.”

She turned to me, “You. Asked. My. Father?”

“Yeah, I’ve decided to start things out the proper and traditional way.  What traditional boy doesn’t ask the father?”  I slowly pulled her back towards the tent.

“Oh , man.  Bad idea” she sounded nervous and irritated.  This is the first time I’ve heard or seen her like this.  Her father didn’t seem all that bad.  Actually he seemed like he wanted us to go on a date.  Even her mother encouraged the date.

She rushed around, helped me pack up the tent and we moved swiftly towards the field.  Waiting for us was Kris’ dragon and Hweji, the nephilim.

Lol Kris' Dragon:

 

 

Hweji, Nephilim:

  It was a short ride back to Zyx, but it felt long.  Seeing Jina act so nervously was getting me nervous too.  We got back and Jina grabbed my hand.  She pulled me up to the entrance and rushed through the palace. 

“Oh god…” she whispered and groaned.  She hid behind me and my cheeks were flushed.  , maybe I shouldn’t have asked her father…

 

============================

 

What is going to happen next between BaekNa?

What did Jina see that made her embarassed?

What is that reason behind Jina not wanting her dad to know?

 

Stay tuned to find out! <3