His name

Vulnerable

All the royals had settled down, ready to begin the actual program.

“Ahh, I hope that everyone had a great dinner.  Now it is time for some real entertainment!”  The King of Zyx announced and clapped his hands.  Everyone else in the hall followed.

The first person to perform was from the oldest, Super Junior.  Their maknae had given a heartbreaking performance, singing about the pain of love.

And the performances kept coming from each planet. 

SNSD’s turn came and Exo was next.    Their representative, Baekhyun was waiting behind stage along with Jina.  He was totally oblivious to her; she had not known he was even there.  But, his attention was all on her.  For surely it was the girl from earlier.  There was no doubt in his mind about it.

He had recognized her eyes, the hair, and those y legs.  He also recognized that feeling he got back then; the kind that made him feel happy.  She was attractive.  I mean, all royals are pretty, but she was beautiful.

She was too busy playing with the strands of her hair.  Delicately, she stood up and started practicing, still playing with her hair.  Her adorable side made him smile, but it was erased.  He had remembered the baby in her hands when they entered.  He thought, if there was a baby, there was a father.  Sighing, he shook those thoughts out of his mind.

The upbeat song in the background came to a slow stop and was followed by a roar of applause.  Baekhyun took in a deep breath and stopped leaning against the wall.  It was his turn to perform next.  Taking a big gulp of water, he took one last look at the clueless beauty and made his way out.

Meanwhile, Jina swept her hair up into a high ponytail.  Well, she really had no choice.  If she kept her hair down, it would have been all in her face when she danced.  It’s not that she didn’t want to show her powers, but she felt like she had an element of superiority with her Power tattoo hidden. 

Her head finally lifted to the sound of music and applause.  The song’s beginning beats started off a bit awkward and Jina raised her eyebrows at it.  But, it caught her in surprise when a smooth beat accompanied with smoother vocals added onto the song.  Goose bumps grew on her arm and legs at the sound.

You’re perfect to me; I imagined.
How would it be if we were together?
If only you say okay, everything is perfect.  OH BABY~~

She rose up from her seat and walked to the curtains that hid her.  Opening it a small bit, she peeked.  Everything else was dark except a spotlight on the performer.  Her eyes ran down the outline of his body, from head to toe.  “It’s a boy” she thought and closed her eyes when she heard his sweet voice.  Sure the royals had good voices, but something was special about his.  It was strong, stable and smooth.

Baekhyun sat up from the seat he was seating in and walked behind it.  “Here goes”, he thought and belted out that smooth high, power note.  He shifted his head to the right when he did this and when he opened it again, he caught eyes with her.

Their eyes locked on each other.  His were calm and hers were intrigued.  He started to sing the ending chorus, looking straight at her.  Shyly, she stopped peeking and turned away.  That sweet melody remained in her head even after the song had stopped and applause began.

“Damn, boy has got a voice”, she muttered.  She had already been introduced and applauded for, but she never came out.  A figure broke through the curtains and she back to her senses.  The person pulled her out onto stage where she stumbled, but smiled.  Bowing to everyone, another round of applause came and she got into position.

And performance here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1tnakE35_8Q

 

As she moved breathlessly into the air, the crowd could do no more than be simply amazed…aka brain banged.  Baekhyun especially was speechless. By her tricks, by her grace, by her swift agility.  Everything seemed to go by so quickly; he wished he had seen more. No other royal was capable of those kinds of tricks, other than Victoria.  But, Jina had a different feel.  She was swift, graceful while Victoria was strong and y.

Everyone went wild when she finished and she bowed.  Everyone who was smart enough to read upside down could read her power tattoo.  But, unfortunately Baekhyun wasn’t that advanced (hahaha jk, we all know he is smarticles).

“Yah, what is her power”, he nudged Tao urgently.  Tao was knocked to the side and pouted.

“Why am I being abused by you so much today”, he whined softly.

“Hurry!”

Tao muttered something under his breath before answering, “Invulnerability.”

“Holy crap”, he muttered under his breath.  Invulerabilty was something everyone wanted.  It was like a Trump card.  With it you could be immune to any physical or mental harm. 

“What kind of girl is she”, I wondered and stood up from my seat as she moved behind the curtains.

 

====================================

 

Jina’s POV

“Thanks, girls for watching him.  I hope he wasn’t a bother”, I smiled to the 9 girls from Planet Soshi. 

“No, of course not!  He did kiss all of us after all so there is nothing to complain about”, Sooyoung commented.   I smiled wildly and blew onto Taehyuk’s cheek.

“My hunk of a brother”, I wiggled him and departed from the girls.  Carrying him in my arms, I left the room feeling awfully stuffy.  The ballroom was gigantic, but there were too much people in there for my liking.  We walked down the hallway into the backyard/main garden.  No lights were on; only the moonlight was shining.  Cold wind blew softly throughout the opened patio.  A big water fountain stood in the middle of the garden, its water reflecting the moon.  It was one of those cliché scenes from those romantic movies.

 Usually moments like this, these cliché romance things irritate me.  But, the wind felt good on my body.  Taehyuk was enjoying it too, falling asleep in my arms.  I looked up to the sky and thought.  What would life be like if I wasn’t this royal person?  What if I was never born into this family?  Would I be free?  Would I feel as trapped as I am now?  Being a royal wasn’t so bad, but after all the glamour is dropped, it’s a bit tiresome.  I want to be more independent and not restricted. 

“Well this is nice”, a voice spoke behind me and I became alerted.  I “ my powers” and made sure to protect Taehyuk.  I could see a shadow behind me.  It was a guy, from the lack of long hair. 

“If you hurt me, I swear you will regret it”, I hissed. 

“Woah, chill.”  The man chuckled and walked to the other side of me.  I turned my head slightly; my grip on Taehyuk grew tighter. 

Suddenly, the man jumped onto the chair next to me swiftly and without a sound.  He shook his dark brown hair out of his eyes and smiled at me.  Wait…

“You!  Exo boy”, I shouted, pointing my finger at him.  This little punk was the one trying to get his hands in my pants!

“You!  Zxy girl!  Pointing fingers isn’t all that nice”, he pushed my finger down.  Wow, if I wasn’t holding Taehyuk right now, he would be so dead.

“Yah!  Apologize for trying to get your hands somewhere!  You breached my personal space”, I said to him and he just smiled, looking out to the garden.

“I slipped!  My hand just happened to land there.  It was an honest mistake!  A handsome royal like me wouldn’t lie”, he put his hand over his heart and bowed. 

“Wow sarcasm!  I love it”, I gave him a thumbs up.

He smiled to me with sarcasm and looked down to Taehyuk.

“I was surprised to hear that you had a son”, his eyes were on Taehyuk.  I sort of moved Tae out of his sight.  Wait, did he just say son?

“Wait, when did I have a son?  He is my baby brother!”  How could someone mistake us for mother and son?  I am so young!

His eyes widened and moved to me.  He had dark brown orbs that made me swallow my spit.

“But, I thought…woah!  What a relief”, he chuckled.  His laugh was refreshing.

“Why is it a relief”, I fixed Taehyuk’s position in my arms.

“Because you are beautiful”, he said…or at least that was what he wanted to say.  He was going to say that, but he assumed it wouldn’t make him stand out.  Many people have probably already informed her of her looks.  She must want to hear something different.

“Not that a baby is a bad thing, but a girl like you should be able to roam the world and discover herself before being locked down with a family.  But, you don’t have a baby so you still have your chance”, he explained to me.  I smiled at his answer, finally happy to hear something other than "pretty" come out of a man’s mouth.

“Oh…” I said softly.  It got a bit silent and awkward.  I looked at him and he peeked at me.

“Umm, what you did out there was cool”, I brushed my hair out of my face and complimented him.  His soft/strong voice still remained in my head. 

“You too”, he responded.  A few more seconds went on in silence.  I was a bit self-conscious, wondering if he was looking at me or thinking about me.

“Before I forget and so that you won’t forget, my name is…”, he reached out for my hand.  My heart started pumping faster at the thought of him kissing it.   But, he never moved it up to his face.  I was slightly disappointed when he stared at my silver bracelet on my wrist.

“Do you want my bracelet?...” I asked him, a bit confused.

“Shhhh, watch.”

Something started to happen to my bracelet.  Small cursive letters started to appear; bright light followed the forming letters.  It was as if he was using his powers  to carve something into my bracelet.  I never knew a person with light powers could do that.  Once the letters finished appearing, I was finally able to read it.

It read Baekhyun…His name is Baekhyun.

And with that he left.

 

===================

Yay!  I got some new subscribers!  hahaha tank you and i appreciate your comments and support!

 

oh yeah, to chattykitkat: Yeah, i think it was either a typo or i was confused! hahahaa but i fixed it!  Now Lay is the one healing!  ahaha thanks!

 

STAY TUNED, Y'ALL!