Testing my Irritation

Vulnerable

Soyu’s POV

Unnie and I reached back to the main field after she stormed off.  I didn’t even get to say hello to Suho.

“I am not going on a date with that over confident boy” Jina mumbled, grumbling to herself.

“Why not unnie?  I thought you guys were over that anger stage and were becoming friends.”  I was confused because for one, they didn’t even know each other before this whole thing; two, they were previously in that angst stage, but became friends and three, she refuses a date.

“We are friends; it’s just that friends are all we are. I don’t feel a spark…well at least not a big one” Jina reasoned.  I didn’t understand why she is so hard headed sometimes.  Just go out with the poor guy!                                         

“You have to admit that he is cute” I tried to make her reconsider.  Maybe things might escalate, he becomes her prince charming and in the future she will thank me.

“Fine, I mean sure he is cute, but you don’t know him as I do.  He is greasy and has too much confidence.”  She shook her head.  We started to come near our parents.  Daehyun is there too!  I wonder what he is doing here.

“Well to bad for you because you have to go out with him anyways”, I stook out my tounge to her and she chased after me.

“Yah!  I am your unnie”, I heard her shout behind me.

“But, I am your dongsaeng, you slow poke”, I replied back and moved as my feet led me forward.

Then, BAM!

I ran into something hard and tough.  I didn’t fall, but was caught by something…and that something was the thing I ran into.  I felt hands wrap around my back and a broad strong chest against mine.

“Watch out, princess before you get hurt”, Suho said softly into my ear.  I lifted my head up to see him smiling down at me.  I found myself responding to that smile with one of my own.

“…Nae…” I stuttered getting lost in his warm friendly eyes.

Releasing me out of his arms, I stepped backwards and fixed my hair.

“Come on, let’s go say hi to our parents”, he grabbed me by the hand and I instantly “transformed” into jelly.  My legs were wobbly and my stomach had butterflies.  We had gotten so close to each other.  I felt so lucky especially since I have never had someone to like before.

“Wait”, I pulled back a bit.  He paused and turned back to look at me.

Oh my god his stare….

“My dad is really protective of me”, I meekly smiled and he started laughing.

“It’s ok, my mom’s picky”, he chuckled and he pulled me.

 

==========================

 

Jina’s POV

“What’s with the sour face, Jins?”  Daehyun sat up from the chair he was relaxing in.  Moving over a bit, I sat down with sigh and looked at him.

“I have to go out with him”, I said softly.  I don’t know why I felt so down about it.  Usually when girls are asked out on dates, they get excited and giddy. 

“OMG!  I can totally put on your makeup and pick out your clothes for you!  This is so exciting”, he clapped his hands ecstatically.

“Eww, stop acting like that” I whacked his stomach and he tried to shield.

“Don’t be such a sour puss.  He seems like a cool guy…a jealous one too.  But, don’t worry Jins.  I can totally imagine you falling for his boyish charm, having that fatal love story, getting married and living happily ever after”, Daehyun laughed at that and I face palmed myself.

“Yeah, and while I enjoy my prince charming, you’re going to get stuck with that girl who adores you…what’s her name?  Eunji (lol yes from apink)?  I remember her” I laughed remembering her.  She was a maid who is crazy about Daehyun. 

“Oh my gosh, no!” He made a face and I slapped him slightly.

“Come on, she is actually really pretty”, I reasoned.

“Whatever.  So what game is next and how much more is there?  I’m getting bored sitting here by myself.” He started biting on his nails.  I smacked his hand out of his mouth.

“There is beach volleyball, paintball, running things like people do in track and a mind test.  I brought you here so that you can keep me company, but I also brought you so that you can mingle with some royals.  Not every royal participates during each game.  I am out during beach volleyball, so hang with me”, I elbowed him in the gut.

“Why do you always have to abuse me”, he whined, rubbing his stomach. 

“Because I enjoy your pain”, I said like a ert and he scooted away from me.

A cute girl walked by with the planet tattoo of FX on her wrist.  I saw her look at Daehyun as a small smile came onto her lips.

“Did you see that?  She was totally checking you out”, I pulled him to attention.

“Huh?  What girl?  Where?” He kept turning his head around like an alert dog.

I swear, sometimes I wonder why he was given such good looks, yet no brain.  I guess things just work like that now.

“Over there, weirdo.  She is a royal!  Someone is finally interested in you and you aren’t paying attention!  Go talk to her”, I pushed him off the lawn chair and he feel to the grass with a groan.

“Fine, but if this mission fails, it’s on you”, he pointed back at me, but I responded with a sly smile.

I watched him run after her, slightly tripping on the way.  What can I say?  The boy is a dork.

So now having time to myself, I called a servant over and told him to pass me on the blankets he was holding.  There are always servants who go around passing out blankets.  I have no clue why.

“Thanks”, I said to him and he went off.  Covering myself in it, I took off my shoes and socks which were muddy and I cuddled up in the blanket.

I heard peace and silence with the occasional distant laughter for a few minutes, but then I heard a loud obnoxious laugh.

“Go away” I murmured and cover my head with the blanket.  Since the fabric was a bit see-through, I looked at who it was.

“Is the little princess tired”, Key laughed and looked at his friends.  It was Key…damn Kim Kibum.  I don’t hate him since I don’t know him, but I have bad feelings about him.  Maybe it’s his half shaven head that makes him look somewhat suspicious.  Key had a reputation for gossiping.  He knew what was going on, even those little secrets that aren’t meant to be revealed.  Mainly because he can read minds.

I could feel his aura around me, trying to prick inside my brain.  But, I didn’t want to put my guard up just yet.

“Man this guy is irritating’, I thought to myself.

“Oh, someone’s irritated”, he chuckled.  None of his others friends laughed along.  They just stared down at me with forgiving faces.  I knew that were nice royals known for their creativity so I wasn’t made at them.  It just so happens that Key can get a bit on people’s nerve sometimes.

“Come on, read my mind again, I dare you to”, I said out loud to him.  I came out from my blanket cocoon and stared at him right in the eyes.

“Ok fine”, he gave it a cocky tone.  Instantly I put my guard up.  Thank goodness I have been blessed with invulnerability.

He squinted and groaned, hurting himself in the process. 

“Irritate me again and I swear you’ll regret it” I growled.

“So it is true that you have invulnerability, but it’s weak.  I suggest you strengthen it before you get hurt, princess”, he spat out the last part.

What is he talking about?  I successfully blocked him out.  How can I be weak?

“Get out of my face”, I spat back and he gave me a warning look before retreating.

 

================

Lol so yeah sorry for prolonging the date part.  I figured it wouldn't hurt to tease you guys a little more.  I realize that Bacon hasn't really been making apperances during the past few chapters.  But, don't worry, the next ones are filled with him

So stay tuned, comment and subscribe <3

PS.  The part that contains key may seem like a lost part, but it's there for a reason.